ADVERTISEMENT

A little reality

DrJC

May 29, 2001
Surely all PSU fans are suffering a bad hangover this morning. I am. But I want to put this into perspective and hope to get a few sane responses. We have seen a pattern develop with CJF. I think I first noticed it when we played USC and lost at the end regardless of a great game by Saquon. We seem to lack the intensity, aggression, and that is seen most in the OL and DL. IF I am right, do we blame CJF? Of course. But I also blame the AD. Wisconsin fired a fine coach a few weeks back. Why? He could not compete with OSU and Michigan and win. Yet, like CJF, he was a very winning coach. We recruit well, but not on a par with the top teams. The best OL and DL prospects go elsewhere. Something is wrong. IF it is important to win and be on top, that falls on the AD to get the right people coaching and recruiting. I do think that 9-2 is possible but maybe not probable. I feel Sean should have moved on. We need to develop Allar for next year, and maybe a little damage this year. It is my thought that we need to develop realism of offense. That means screen passes, quick hits over the middle, etc. Throwing fades to end zone or long passes was OK when we had Dotson or Godwin or Robinson. And, we need to coach "NASTY." Paterno's legacy was one wherein the opposing players always felt beat up after playing PSU - win or lose. You will hate this thought - hire Urban Meyer! He is a proven winner in big games. Ouch, that hurt, I know.

Surely all PSU fans are suffering a bad hangover this morning. I am. But I want to put this into perspective and hope to get a few sane responses. We have seen a pattern develop with CJF. I think I first noticed it when we played USC and lost at the end regardless of a great game by Saquon. We seem to lack the intensity, aggression, and that is seen most in the OL and DL. IF I am right, do we blame CJF? Of course. But I also blame the AD. Wisconsin fired a fine coach a few weeks back. Why? He could not compete with OSU and Michigan and win. Yet, like CJF, he was a very winning coach. We recruit well, but not on a par with the top teams. The best OL and DL prospects go elsewhere. Something is wrong. IF it is important to win and be on top, that falls on the AD to get the right people coaching and recruiting. I do think that 9-2 is possible but maybe not probable. I feel Sean should have moved on. We need to develop Allar for next year, and maybe a little damage this year. It is my thought that we need to develop realism of offense. That means screen passes, quick hits over the middle, etc. Throwing fades to end zone or long passes was OK when we had Dotson or Godwin or Robinson. And, we need to coach "NASTY." Paterno's legacy was one wherein the opposing players always felt beat up after playing PSU - win or lose. You will hate this thought - hire Urban Meyer! He is a proven winner in big games. Ouch, that hurt, I know.
Ironically, I told my wife last night that there is one person who could make this better pretty quickly. UM. Not a fan, but if results matter, he would produce them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT