ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Hunt pulls a semi-Ray Rice

Between reading what happened and seeing the video it doesn't look that bad to me. Hunt's biggest mistake was instead of calling the police or hotel security he went outside his hotel room (after she was beating on his door for 30 minutes). He pushes her away and she keeps coming at him. She's an adult and should bear some responsibility for her actions too.

that's old news. Shame on TMZ unless I am missing something. That happened last spring. The gal got drunk and started causing trouble and was asked to leave. She left and then came back. Some of the people at the party tried to get her to leave and she became belligerent and physical. The police were called and took her away.

Here is the old write up. I am pretty sure this was investigated and he was clear. (she was 19)

Reactions: Phil's Rug
that's old news. Shame on TMZ unless I am missing something. That happened last spring. The gal got drunk and started causing trouble and was asked to leave. She left and then came back. Some of the people at the party tried to get her to leave and she became belligerent and physical. The police were called and took her away.

Here is the old write up. I am pretty sure this was investigated and he was clear. (she was 19)

bad take....He could probably get away with the first push....Nothing justifies the kick....He has to be put on the exempt list at a minimum....

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Looked like mutual combat between willing participants. Offsetting penalties. Repeat 1st. down.

Why did it take 9-10 months for the video to be released?

Also, why (once again) did the NFL not get this video back in February? It’s like RayRice all over again (despite the NFL saying how much they take domestic violence seriously and have changed their approach post the Rice incident).

bad take....He could probably get away with the first push....Nothing justifies the kick....He has to be put on the exempt list at a minimum....
I think everyone knows where I stand on this stuff, but for the life of me I did not see him kick anyone. Looked like some shoving and stupidity, but still a ways outside RR territory.

I think everyone knows where I stand on this stuff, but for the life of me I did not see him kick anyone. Looked like some shoving and stupidity, but still a ways outside RR territory.
You're correct but the this isn't the full video... it stops just before the end where he does mildly kick the woman (then siting on the floor) as he trying to get away from everyone. It is not very violent, looks more like a frustration kick given the overall context of what is happening. Here is TMZ link... what do you think?

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

Yeah, in the first video I saw you can't see it, there is another camera view that shows it....

Why did it take 9-10 months for the video to be released?

Also, why (once again) did the NFL not get this video back in February? It’s like RayRice all over again (despite the NFL saying how much they take domestic violence seriously and have changed their approach post the Rice incident).

I have no idea if the NFL tried to get the video or not, they don't have subpoena power so they couldn't have gotten it that way. The only way they could have gotten it theoretically through legal channels is perhaps through an FOIA request....

You're correct but the this isn't the full video... it stops just before the end where he does mildly kick the woman (then siting on the floor) as he trying to get away from everyone. It is not very violent, looks more like a frustration kick given the overall context of what is happening. Here is TMZ link... what do you think?

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/
Took me a while to see it on my phone. Hes way outta line, but it does not appear she was in danger of being hurt except when she and the other guy got knocked down. None of it is a good look, though. Can see why the team got pissedd ONCE THEY KNEW IT WASNT HIDDEN ANYMORE.

JESUS. Still not Ray Rice, though.

Took me a while to see it on my phone. Hes way outta line, but it does not appear she was in danger of being hurt except when she and the other guy got knocked down. None of it is a good look, though. Can see why the team got pissedd ONCE THEY KNEW IT WASNT HIDDEN ANYMORE.

JESUS. Still not Ray Rice, though.
I agree... I don't see anything with clear intent to harm anyone. It is a bad look for sure, and given today's climate will likely involve some type of penalty on his part.

Reactions: JoeFi
I agree... I don't see anything with clear intent to harm anyone. It is a bad look for sure, and given today's climate will likely involve some type of penalty on his part.
Not a guy I would want around my daughter. Period. Clearly no respect for women, but not a one man crime wave either.

I will say this: his behavior and entitlement are unlikely to improve and very likely to get worse unless someone who cares about him intervenes soon. Then someone will get hurt.

It's a shame players are going to continue to get punishment not appropriate for the action because of how bad the NFL handled the Ray Rice incident. He deserves some punishment but this really is not fair.

Not a guy I would want around my daughter. Period. Clearly no respect for women, but not a one man crime wave either.

I will say this: his behavior and entitlement are unlikely to improve and very likely to get worse unless someone who cares about him intervenes soon. Then someone will get hurt.
Dem he breaks loose while she is on the ground holding her head and he kicks her. Not a punt, but regardless if the police saw this video someone needs to be fired and he needs to be arrested. I hate TMZ but they have the full video.

Dem he breaks loose while she is on the ground holding her head and he kicks her. Not a punt, but regardless if the police saw this video someone needs to be fired and he needs to be arrested.

I got to ask how the NFL didn’t see this video but TMZ got it 9 months later??

Goodell got to go.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
It takes a real man to walk away from that situation. I'm learning a lot about some posters on this thread.
Sure, and he didn’t show the restraint to do so. But it takes two to tango (especially when she’s taking swings and going at him), so she should also face repercussions.

Sure, and he didn’t show the restraint to do so. But it takes two to tango (especially when she’s taking swings and going at him), so she should also face repercussions.
He made himself available for her to do so. I'm not going to argue all night. You and I know what's right. His career is ruined and it's sad for everyone.

5jQ2FIhtc3M88
https://giphy.com/gifs/5jQ2FIhtc3M88

Absolutely brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT