ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Hunt pulls a semi-Ray Rice

Alcohol? Steroids? Anger issues? Lots of reason why he failed to control his emotions but these guys have to start to understand there's cameras everywhere and behave as though someone's watching at all times. I'm guessing he'll get another chance unlike Ray Rice. Probably very soon

Larry Johnson Jr was an amazing RB at Penn State and in the NFL but he should never comment on something like this. Never.

Ehhh it look like girl was asking for it. Kept coming back throwing punches talk smack.
.......and, at that moment, since she "asked for it," he had every legal right to beat her up????

Was it "self defense," in your view? Is that the legal doctrine under which you excuse this, or do you actually believe that there is some "you hit me, so I get to hit you," doctrine which makes this ok?

Alcohol? Steroids? Anger issues? Lots of reason why he failed to control his emotions but these guys have to start to understand there's cameras everywhere and behave as though someone's watching at all times. I'm guessing he'll get another chance unlike Ray Rice. Probably very soon

Larry Johnson Jr was an amazing RB at Penn State and in the NFL but he should never comment on something like this. Never.
It appears his biggest problem going forward is the lies he told his employer about this . I am guessing there is NO way to reconcile what the tape shows him doing with what he told the Chiefs/NFL.

He is done IMO. I just don’t see a team taking the chance for backlash these days signing someone with this in his record. His only thing going for him is his age, but all the bad QB in the nfl teams keep signing and Kaep not getting a chance makes me wonder if Hunt will be like that.

Reactions: Scott beach
So, how did those videos stay hidden all this time? Was the owner of the video trying to get money from Hunt for them?

He is done IMO. I just don’t see a team taking the chance for backlash these days signing someone with this in his record. His only thing going for him is his age, but all the bad QB in the nfl teams keep signing and Kaep not getting a chance makes me wonder if Hunt will be like that.
Google "redskins" and " Reuben foster"

IMO just based off the video, he should be charged with simple assault, pay the fine and everyone should move on. This shouldn't cost the man his career. If he lied to the Chiefs, then that may be grounds for termination. But, this isn't in the same stratosphere as Ray Rice.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
200w.gif

....as I ninja claim Ware last night.

Suprise suprise the great state of ohio. Decided not to press charges on him.

This was Cuyohoga County not charging him, don’t lump in all of Ohio. Cuyahoga is a disaster, just take a listen to this season of the Serial podcast.

This was Cuyohoga County not charging him, don’t lump in all of Ohio. Cuyahoga is a disaster, just take a listen to this season of the Serial podcast.
I am not sure the law here.....he clearly pushes her first. Then, after someone stepped between them, she tries (or does) hit him across the head. She was clearly drunk or high and was only 19 (he just turned 23, IIRC). As I understand it, the cops told her that they'd have to press charges against her for drinking as well. Also, IIRC, a friend of her's told the cops she started it. That is the legal side. As a deep pocket NFL player, he is clearly guilty of the metoo movement and the NFL was right to suspend him and the chiefs to cut him.

TMZ now reporting the cops told her the video was a private device owned by the hotel and they wouldn't have access unless under subpoena. Which, if there were criminal charges, would be easily done.

I actually don’t think the video is that bad. Drunk/high idiots at whatever time this was....this activity seems to be common place. The most egregious part was when Kareem knocks into his buddy, who then knocks down the girl. That kick also wasn’t a real kick. She was just drunk and fell over.

Bottom line is he shouldn’t have shoved her. He should have called the front desk and had her taken away as she wasn’t a guest.

I think lots of companies would take serious action toward an employee if video like this surfaced, regardless if it happened on company time/property. And while this seems different than the ray rice vid (he freakin ko’d his gf) I think the message is great. Don’t act like a loser, publicly or privately, or you will pay big time. The sad part is, I’ll bet there are other players who have been in similar situations in the last year but probably not caught on tape. But hopefully in the future this incident will help these guys to make better decisions.

The other sad thing is the Redskins VP of player personnel and his comments about people in high high high places who have done worse than Foster. These guys need to wake up and do a better job of helping these players make better decisions. Being young and immature with lots of money is a formula for disaster. Sports figures have always been looked at as role models, but I’d say these players might be in more need of good role models after signing their contracts.

It is mostly bad because of how free he seemingly feels to put his hands on women and treat them rough physically.

That guy will be trouble before he is done unless someone intervenes.

I don't see an issue with LJ's comments. Unless I'm misreading them, he's expressing frustration that Kareem Hunt didn't listen and learn from LJ. Reading between the lines it seems that LJ has spoken to Kareem and/or the Chiefs roster about his own personal past, trying to get them to learn from his mistakes.

Between reading what happened and seeing the video it doesn't look that bad to me. Hunt's biggest mistake was instead of calling the police or hotel security he went outside his hotel room (after she was beating on his door for 30 minutes). He pushes her away and she keeps coming at him. She's an adult and should bear some responsibility for her actions too.

Kareem’s friends had her phone for some reason. I saw a video of the police interviewing both the woman and Kareem’s friends. Kareem’s friends said she would bet leave after they asked her to leave. Then they pulled out her phone and told the cops that they had her phone. I got the feeling after watching the interview that she wanted to get her phone.

I actually don’t think the video is that bad. Drunk/high idiots at whatever time this was....this activity seems to be common place. The most egregious part was when Kareem knocks into his buddy, who then knocks down the girl. That kick also wasn’t a real kick. She was just drunk and fell over.

Bottom line is he shouldn’t have shoved her. He should have called the front desk and had her taken away as she wasn’t a guest.

I think lots of companies would take serious action toward an employee if video like this surfaced, regardless if it happened on company time/property. And while this seems different than the ray rice vid (he freakin ko’d his gf) I think the message is great. Don’t act like a loser, publicly or privately, or you will pay big time. The sad part is, I’ll bet there are other players who have been in similar situations in the last year but probably not caught on tape. But hopefully in the future this incident will help these guys to make better decisions.

The other sad thing is the Redskins VP of player personnel and his comments about people in high high high places who have done worse than Foster. These guys need to wake up and do a better job of helping these players make better decisions. Being young and immature with lots of money is a formula for disaster. Sports figures have always been looked at as role models, but I’d say these players might be in more need of good role models after signing their contracts.
It's bad enough , no excuses for that behavior.

This behavior by men will never stop so long as men condone or excuse it. DV is a MEN'S ISSUE.

Men will stop it or it will never be stopped. It is not women's issue which a few men work on. It's a men's issue. If women were able to stop it, it would have stopped long ago.

So he didn't kick her hard enough for it to be a "real kick"? Got it.

I take it you can’t read a whole post.
I went back and read your post again. I'm taking it you kicked a girl when she was crouching because of a possible concussion and are trying to justify it? Again do you have a daughter?

I don’t get the people minimizing what Hunt has done. He was being restrained from attacking a woman. What would have happened if there was no one there to restrain him?

Why did it take 9-10 months for the video to be released?

Also, why (once again) did the NFL not get this video back in February? It’s like RayRice all over again (despite the NFL saying how much they take domestic violence seriously and have changed their approach post the Rice incident).

The NFL doesn't actually care about domestic violence. The NFL cares about its image. If something makes the league look bad they care. The more it makes the league look bad the bigger penalty a player has to pay. So long as this video was not released they were fine with Hunt. The same goes for the Chiefs. It was the same way with Ray Rice. The knew about the video and saw the video but whenever it went public Rice was crucified and the NFL and Ravens took action.

The thing is, Ray Rice would have had another shot on another team if he had not thrown Biscotti under the bus. Throwing any owner under the bus is the only thing that will get you permanently blackballed from the league.

Reactions: psu00
I am not sure the law here.....he clearly pushes her first. Then, after someone stepped between them, she tries (or does) hit him across the head. She was clearly drunk or high and was only 19 (he just turned 23, IIRC). As I understand it, the cops told her that they'd have to press charges against her for drinking as well. Also, IIRC, a friend of her's told the cops she started it. That is the legal side. As a deep pocket NFL player, he is clearly guilty of the metoo movement and the NFL was right to suspend him and the chiefs to cut him.

TMZ now reporting the cops told her the video was a private device owned by the hotel and they wouldn't have access unless under subpoena. Which, if there were criminal charges, would be easily done.

Lot of things in this post. First, the cops don't "have" to charge her with anything. They can exercise whatever discretion they want, and charging him does not somehow require them to charge her too. Second, who started it is irrelevant. Unless he is acting in self-defense, it doesn't matter who "started it." He is blatantly not acting in self-defense.

That video shows beyond a reasonable doubt that his actions were not to defend himself. He assaulted a woman, more than once. There is no excuse for this not resulting in a charge other than celebrity worship and/or deciding they're so overwhelmed with other things they aren't going to bother with this so long as no injuries resulted.

It was a hotel door, into a hotel hallway. I have colleagues that live in that building/hotel, that area was public. Not that it matters much, I was just confused by this being referred to as his "front door."

It was a hotel door, into a hotel hallway. I have colleagues that live in that building/hotel, that area was public. Not that it matters much, I was just confused by this being referred to as his "front door."
Yeah, but I think that is his home. That is how I understood it. Regardless, it is a public place.

Reactions: wbcincy
Yeah, but I think that is his home. That is how I understood it. Regardless, it is a public place.

Got it. I didn't realize he was from the Cleveland area and that would be where he lives. I'll have to ask if any of the folks I know live on his floor or were around for this.

Lot of things in this post. First, the cops don't "have" to charge her with anything. They can exercise whatever discretion they want, and charging him does not somehow require them to charge her too. Second, who started it is irrelevant. Unless he is acting in self-defense, it doesn't matter who "started it." He is blatantly not acting in self-defense.

That video shows beyond a reasonable doubt that his actions were not to defend himself. He assaulted a woman, more than once. There is no excuse for this not resulting in a charge other than celebrity worship and/or deciding they're so overwhelmed with other things they aren't going to bother with this so long as no injuries resulted.
Regarding the cops, you underestimate the value of celebrity. Hunt had just won rookie of the year. This building is were Manziel's shenanigans took place as well as many NFL issues that never saw light of day. This wasn't a truck driver and deli waitress.

If hunt got a good attorney and the cops didn't pursue the stealing and underage angle, that attorney would have all of those cops disciplined. The cops tried to make this all go away for both his and her sake, given what they were told without the video

One has to wonder who got access to both the hotel and police videos. My guess is her attorney.

Regardless, hunt, his friends and her friend all said hunt wasn't invited. This is, of course, untrue. There are also, now, references to a second incident.

The league apparently is investigating a incident in June where Hunt punched a man. Kareem will not play in the NFL again. He is done this year, be suspended all of next year, and I just don’t see a team adding him with the backlash it will bring.

The league apparently is investigating a incident in June where Hunt punched a man. Kareem will not play in the NFL again. He is done this year, be suspended all of next year, and I just don’t see a team adding him with the backlash it will bring.
If given even money, my bet would be on him playing again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT