ADVERTISEMENT

just read an article stating PSU is odds on favorite to get Wimbush

Wimbush is in that handful of qbs that will demand the starting role not just a chance to compete. At this point with so many qbs in the coffer and with what I believe Franklin has already promised Stevens so that he would come back to be backup this past year, no way he ends up at Happy Valley.

Look at P5 programs that lost a qb and do not have those other factors and that is where he will go.

Reactions: psu1969a
I agree he has looked good in the limited snaps he's had. I really have a good vibe for Clifford himself. The thing that worries me is Clifford behind our offensive line. I don't see TM or TS's running ability. I think having that running threat has allowed our offense to succeed. I know Clifford isn't a complete statue but we will loose a real running threat. Our Oline will need to step up with him at QB. The running threat of TM and TS have hidden some real blemishes with the Oline. This worries me.

Here is a simple fact about football. Team with the best OL and/or DL wins football games. Good blocking or good tackling rules. Wimbush et al never completed a pass flat on his back.

The decision to attend Norte Dame is a career decision,their alumni are faithful in the job world.

Won't he be a graduate? Thought this was a grad transfer situation.

So let me get this straight. No Wimbush under any circumstances so as not to disrespect our QBs in the fold but if we could land a DT transfer.....

DTs rotate throughout the game. QBs don't. Not even close to the same thing.

But if he were an OT or DT, that wouldn't be a slap in the face to all the OTs and DTs that actually SIGNED with PSU and are all rated high?

See above reference to DTs. OTs need time to develop. If a grad transfer plugs a hole for next season, then great. We have a 5th year QB and a 3rd year QB as our 1 and 2. I don't see a hole at that position.

Is there actually a "Quarterback Room" in Lasch? A room with the door marked "QUARTERBACKS ONLY"? If so, it must be pretty small since it is said to always be crowded. Is it therefore in Franklin's requests to Sandy for a larger Quarterback Room?

rutgres must have a small Running Back Room since there was no room for Saquon.

Is there actually a "Quarterback Room" in Lasch? A room with the door marked "QUARTERBACKS ONLY"? If so, it must be pretty small since it is said to always be crowded. Is it therefore in Franklin's requests to Sandy for a larger Quarterback Room?

rutgres must have a small Running Back Room since there was no room for Saquon.

In Rutgers’ defense, saquon’s quads require a lot of space.

Reactions: step.eng69
So let me get this straight. No Wimbush under any circumstances so as not to disrespect our QBs in the fold but if we could land a DT transfer.....
Did you notice how gassed Alabama's DL was the other night? Being able to rotate guys to keep them fresh is an integral part of our defensive strategy. QB...not so much.

Has any specifics on the nature of Tommy's leg injury ever been officially disclosed ?

I don't see wimbush coming to Penn State. Actually, I don't see him seriously considering Penn State. The kid verbaled to Penn State and then decommitted. Now he's coming to Penn State? Highly doubtful.

wimbush's mom wanted him to commit to Penn State originally. Maybe she's in his ear about Penn State again. Still, I don't see it happening.

It's been said that Franklin moves on ( :eek: ) very quickly from kids who commit elsewhere. I doubt he would take a serious interest in wimbush now. RELATIONSHIPS. :eek: As others have already said, Franklin has plenty of talented quarterbacks. He doesn't need wimbush.
He should ask his f'n high School coach which school to choose

I agree he has looked good in the limited snaps he's had. I really have a good vibe for Clifford himself. The thing that worries me is Clifford behind our offensive line. I don't see TM or TS's running ability. I think having that running threat has allowed our offense to succeed. I know Clifford isn't a complete statue but we will loose a real running threat. Our Oline will need to step up with him at QB. The running threat of TM and TS have hidden some real blemishes with the Oline. This worries me.
Let your heart not be troubled! Rejoice! Could be a real surprise. If we can blow some people out perhaps he can get some good reps.

Then I apologize for taking it the wrong way.
No problem. I can see where you're coming from. Actually, where I was coming from is that he was the #3 Dual Threat QB coming out of high school, and I'm sure that he had dreams of the NFL. Lamont Wade did too, surely, and Kelly Bryant. Not that it's a certainty that either Wimbush or Wade won't play in the NFL, but it must be hard to face the fact that it's likely not going to happen for them. But, as you indicated, it's wrong to judge them on whether or not they make the NFL.

Reactions: john4psu and MJG-90
This guy has to be up there with Dan Kendra and Vidal Hazelton as one of the legendary misses who never did anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT