ADVERTISEMENT

Just poured a Vodka and soda. Ready for the snow. ? guys. What new tv series is binge worthy?.....

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
Haven't really watched anything new within the last 5 years. Opinions welcome, would like to start by 10 tonight.

Pick up a good book Mr. Potter. I'm sure you have some around the house you haven't read. You won't regret it.
I had to read a ton of novels in college. During Christmas break, for fun, I would read Ian Fleming and Arthur Conan Doyle. If you have any of their books laying around they'd be a nice distraction. Hell, I'd read the Hardy Boys series just for fun. Fenton the dad, the boys Frank and Joe Hardy. Did they even have a mom? I forget. I used to look at maps trying to figure out where they lived.

Looked it up, mom's name was Laura.

Reactions: fairgambit
Haven't really watched anything new within the last 5 years. Opinions welcome, would like to start by 10 tonight.
If you grew up in the 80's, Red Oaks
Also, agree with the Americans - 4 seasons worth of shows with 5 just starting

Assuming Netflix - Stranger Things, any of the Marvel shows - Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Travelers
Amazon Prime - Man In The High Castle
Hulu - Seinfeld

The Dick Van Dyke show. Not kidding. Carl Reihner is a genius and it still makes me fall down laughing, and it was on television over 50 years ago. Timeless.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Sunny and 74 degrees here in Lafayette today. Sorry, boys.

But that's Pennsylvania weather for you. It could be 65 degrees there within 48 hours. You never know. And the Spring will be great. Wish we had lightning bugs out here.

My 6-year old son is just staring to get into superheros and so after a recent brief search on Netflix, we settled in on watching The Flash. We're only 8 episodes in, but I have to say, we're both hooked. It's a really good show, and super fun experiencing him trying to figure out how the Flash is going to take on all of the metahumans.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Arnold Ziffel rocks!

More media savvy than what PSU has trotted out there the past 6 years...Also much smarter than Cynthia Baldwin. So there's that.

N8_oQ-.gif

Arnold+Ziffel+Green+Acres.gif

20ff12edfd33b881b1a047e993e7eaf4.jpg

Reactions: LafayetteBear
My 6-year old son is just staring to get into superheros and so after a recent brief search on Netflix, we settled in on watching The Flash. We're only 8 episodes in, but I have to say, we're both hooked. It's a really good show, and super fun experiencing him trying to figure out how the Flash is going to take on all of the metahumans.
Just a bit of advice: Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are extremely dark. I wouldn't let my six-year-old watch them.

Sunny and 74 degrees here in Lafayette today. Sorry, boys.

But that's Pennsylvania weather for you. It could be 65 degrees there within 48 hours. You never know. And the Spring will be great. Wish we had lightning bugs out here.
No wildfires or floods?

Just started watching Bosch on Amazon video. All from a Michael Connelly book. It's very well done - about a police detective in LA who sometimes goes over the line, investigating serial killer.

Last edited:
Just a bit of advice: Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are extremely dark. I wouldn't let my six-year-old watch them.
Thanks for the head's up. That's what I like about this series - it's relatively kid friendly (a few "got my ass handed to me" type language)...not the dark, brooding modern-day versions of some of the classic heros. Heck, my wife isn't a superhero fan, and even she is enjoying the show.

Reactions: LionJim
Red Oaks is my favorite of the last couple years. Maybe the best 80s soundtrack ever, just phenomenal music. Captures the country club scene and Jewish life in the Jersey suburbs well. Hilarious show.

Game of thrones. Just watched season 1- season 6 in Jan. By mid season 1 you will like it by mid season 2 it rocks

Pick up a good book Mr. Potter. I'm sure you have some around the house you haven't read. You won't regret it.
Currently reading Shoe Dog, by Phil Knight and The Grid, about the electric grid that runs the world. Recommend both so far

Tokyo Trial - Netflix
The Americans
Luther - Netflix
Vikings - maybe Amazon
The Man in the High Castle - Amazon

These are good. I'd add "Catastrophe" for a comedy (although a bit dark) and Sneaky Pete (kind of a breaking bad light with Brian Cranston and Giovanni Ribisi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT