ADVERTISEMENT

Just makes you wonder.

ApexLion

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Six years ago, Lou Anna K. Simon helped lead higher education's shaming of Penn State University over the Jerry Sandusky sexual-abuse controversy.

As chairwoman of the NCAA's executive committee, the Michigan State University president criticized Penn State's missteps as "purposeful and premeditated" and "pretty pervasive."

"The right thing is saying something when you see something and doing something after you said something. It's really that simple," Simon told the media in 2012.

But even as Simon was chastising Penn State, it turned out MSU was harboring its own serial pedophile: Larry Nassar, a sports-medicine doctor whose list of victims is many times of Sandusky.

Simon at MSU. SMH. Someone finally notices the hypocrisy (link).

Yeah, I thought about posting that too. The real scandal and cover-up.
Penn State had a cover up. And it's important to note that. And it came from Old Main. Everything was being done right from the athletic side. The shit hit the fan in Old Main and he kicked it. He was asked about it by the media and denied knowledge. And GS had that. University presidents are snivelling little pukes.

It should have been said outright 1998 we followed the state recommendation. In 2001 we believed we had the same issue and the witness was not credible and never followed though.

Oh qnd yes there is a scandal and cover up afterwards as well.

JMO

Six years ago, Lou Anna K. Simon helped lead higher education's shaming of Penn State University over the Jerry Sandusky sexual-abuse controversy.

As chairwoman of the NCAA's executive committee, the Michigan State University president criticized Penn State's missteps as "purposeful and premeditated" and "pretty pervasive."

"The right thing is saying something when you see something and doing something after you said something. It's really that simple," Simon told the media in 2012.

But even as Simon was chastising Penn State, it turned out MSU was harboring its own serial pedophile: Larry Nassar, a sports-medicine doctor whose list of victims is many times of Sandusky.

IMO the focal part of this article and the seemingly too few like it relates to this: “Too many university presidents mistakenly saw Penn State as an aberration, Drew said.” Presidents, NCAA officials, politicians, media outlets, everyone! Penn State wasn’t an anomaly. And the biggest disgrace was treating it like one.

Those (some) who didn’t do what they should faced consequences. But this errant perception helped justify so much collateral damage and so many unjust consequences at Penn State. And at all these other places that saw Penn State as so different.

Wake up world. We’re not seeking to revisit and understand what happened just to benefit Penn State. That horse has left the barn. But treating Penn State as an anomaly continues the threat of this happening to innocent people elsewhere, like the back yard of an awful critic.

Oh, I'd say PSU has a real scandal and coverup.
Nonsense. The fact that the Special Investigative Task Force narrowed the scope of the Freeh investigation to completely overlook the incestuous relationship between the leadership teams of Penn State and The Second Mile was a minor oversight at best. Nothing to see here.
WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif

IMO the focal part of this article and the seemingly too few like it relates to this: “Too many university presidents mistakenly saw Penn State as an aberration, Drew said.” Presidents, NCAA officials, politicians, media outlets, everyone! Penn State wasn’t an anomaly. And the biggest disgrace was treating it like one.

Those (some) who didn’t do what they should faced consequences. But this errant perception helped justify so much collateral damage and so many unjust consequences at Penn State. And at all these other places that saw Penn State as so different.

Wake up world. We’re not seeking to revisit and understand what happened just to benefit Penn State. That horse has left the barn. But treating Penn State as an anomaly continues the threat of this happening to innocent people elsewhere, like the back yard of an awful critic.

The Paterno's were the only ones who took the issue seriously. They tried to educate and instead had their report ridiculed and discarded without even being read.

Nonsense. The fact that the Special Investigative Task Force narrowed the scope of the Freeh investigation to completely overlook the incestuous relationship between the leadership teams of Penn State and The Second Mile was a minor oversight at best. Nothing to see here.
WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif
This is the coverup; the orchestration of hiding the monetary links of the politboros of both the board of directors, the pennsylvania government, the second mile. Look no further.

No one is telling the whole story at Penn State, so I am happy that somebody is finally, at least, pointing up the utter hypocrisy of Simon. PSU people in high places like Peetz and McCombie and Rodney (among manifold others) who pointed the finger at PSU fans and alums as being somehow responsible for Sandusky's crimes can take a long look at Simon.

Should we scald MSU fans as being responsible for what happened there? I don't hear too much of that, though. Only PSU fans abide indecency. I don't read articles stating that MSU should go away for awhile until they get their priorities in order. What a charade.

Great to read this....
From an institutional standpoint, Ridpath said, the Nassar scandal is actually worse than what happened at Penn State. Nassar was a MSU doctor abusing patients at a MSU clinic, while Sandusky was a retired coach whose victims had little relationship with the university.

And this (as previously posted)...
Too many university presidents mistakenly saw Penn State as an aberration, Drew said.

Great to read this....
From an institutional standpoint, Ridpath said, the Nassar scandal is actually worse than what happened at Penn State. Nassar was a MSU doctor abusing patients at a MSU clinic, while Sandusky was a retired coach whose victims had little relationship with the university.

Too many university presidents mistakenly saw Penn State as an aberration, Drew said.

Maybe if they rode around in golf carts on game day.

Heavy interview with Kyle Stephens on NPR:
IMHO, what makes MSU's situation so much worse, is that these were world class organizations in that Nassar was an employee of MSU and USA Gymnastics. This wasn't a JS lurking behind the walls of an obscure non-profit and across several organizations that were not formally affiliated (PSU, PSU football, various high schools, various govt agencies).

IMHO, what makes MSU's situation so much worse, is that these were world class organizations in that Nassar was an employee of MSU and USA Gymnastics. This wasn't a JS lurking behind the walls of an obscure non-profit and across several organizations that were not formally affiliated (PSU, PSU football, various high schools, various govt agencies).
What makes MSU worse is the simple fact that MSU athletes reported abuse to their coaches and MSU administrators and nothing was done. The MSU women athletes referred to Nassar as the "croch doctor". It was no secret.

With that being said, PSU should have parted ways with Sandusky after the 98 incident just on the grounds that his behavior was inappropriate at best even with the lack of criminal charges. What Sandusky admitted too in 98 is something you would not have wanted leaking out when trying to persuade young men to come play football at PSU.

The LouAnna Bitch ought to be pilloried. I'll provide the rotten vegetable and eggs. Do you think we could get Sir Rodless to show up a provide the steaming piles of feces?
Can't slam the iron door behind her fast enough. She's in the Webster's Dictionary definition's under Hypocrisy. Enjoy your Perp Walk Lou Ann. Just thinking about that Biovating miserable piece of sh%t makes me sick. There's a whole lot of truth in the old sayings "What comes around goes around" "Pride cometh before the fall." One can only hope "She'll get what's coming her"

Reactions: odshowtime
No one is telling the whole story at Penn State, so I am happy that somebody is finally, at least, pointing up the utter hypocrisy of Simon. PSU people in high places like Peetz and McCombie and Rodney (among manifold others) who pointed the finger at PSU fans and alums as being somehow responsible for Sandusky's crimes can take a long look at Simon.

Should we scald MSU fans as being responsible for what happened there? I don't hear too much of that, though. Only PSU fans abide indecency. I don't read articles stating that MSU should go away for awhile until they get their priorities in order. What a charade.
Peetz thought Field Hockey should be the focus of home coming!

What makes MSU worse is the simple fact that MSU athletes reported abuse to their coaches and MSU administrators and nothing was done. The MSU women athletes referred to Nassar as the "croch doctor". It was no secret.

With that being said, PSU should have parted ways with Sandusky after the 98 incident just on the grounds that his behavior was inappropriate at best even with the lack of criminal charges. What Sandusky admitted too in 98 is something you would not have wanted leaking out when trying to persuade young men to come play football at PSU.

Rodney had already signed off on Sandusky's retirement package by then.

It isn’t right, but I think the primary reason the Sandusky scandal prompted far more outrage than Nassar at MSU was the age and sex of the victims (early pubescent boys vs. college age girls). Well, that and the massively exaggerated involvement of one Joe Paterno.

It isn’t right, but I think the primary reason the Sandusky scandal prompted far more outrage than Nassar at MSU was the age and sex of the victims (early pubescent boys vs. college age girls). Well, that and the massively exaggerated involvement of one Joe Paterno.

Check the ages of a whole lot of Nassar's victims. I agree that the outrage stems from the sex of the victims but the ages in the Nassar cases are actually younger than anything Sandusky was accused of. In any event, the condemnation of an entire community as somehow responsible in either situation is, and was, a preposterous absurdity that was fed to the masses by Penn State's own people.

Simon's hatred of Penn State clouded her judgement. What a surprise.

She's a real piece of shit.

Check the ages of a whole lot of Nassar's victims. I agree that the outrage stems from the sex of the victims but the ages in the Nassar cases are actually younger than anything Sandusky was accused of. In any event, the condemnation of an entire community as somehow responsible in either situation is, and was, a preposterous absurdity that was fed to the masses by Penn State's own people.

In order to cover their own activity at TSM, in some instances, and that of friends and family the shameless turds running our school tossed it and Paterno under the bus.

Firey Gehenna awaits.

Great to read this....

IMO, the “which is worse” part is far less important than the error in seeing the PSU situation as an aberration.

The sooner folks to let go of this notion of the evil PSU football program and Paterno, the sooner someone in their virtuous environment will know they MUST act - and what they must do.

It’s tragic for Nassar’s victims that Simon (and too many like her) saw PSU as she did and missed the reality around them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT