ADVERTISEMENT

The Ultimate List of Unrighteous Hypocrites. Re: Those who Threw Stones at Penn State & Joe Paterno

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
from Glass Houses of Their Own.

This is the thread to chronicle everyone and anyone who's ever had a single bad word to say about Penn State and/or Joe Paterno (and/or our "toxic culture") in response to The Second Mile's Jerry Sandusky scandal.

I'll kick things off with an easy example. Lou Anna Simon who led the charge with Sally Mason from the University of Iowa to throw Penn State out of the Big Ten Conference. Yes, there was an informal vote taken about booting Penn State out of the Big Ten. @Zenophile might be able to point you to some good 3rd-party sources of information.

1. Lou Anna Simon at Michigan State.
  • Larry Nassar sexually abused 332-plus victims who settled with MSU. (link)
  • 14-plus MSU employees reportedly "knew" and did nothing. (link)
  • "I started at the University of Michigan, working with Bo Schembechler and the football program." - Michigan graduate Larry Nassar (link)
C443XhnUYAABn2C
C443XhrVYAA6BJH

Last edited:
2. Former NCAA Chairman & OSU Provost Ed Ray, Former OSU President Gordon Gee and current OSU Athletic Director Gene Smith at Ohio State.
  • Richard Strauss sexually abused 177-2,000 student-athletes at THE OSU.
  • "The report found that Strauss' behavior was an open secret to more than 50 staff members in Ohio State's athletic department." (CNN link)
  • "We estimate that Strauss sexually assaulted and/or raped a minimum of 1,500/2,000 athletes at OSU from 1978 through 1998." (NBC News link)
Here's a few emails that I've exchanged with Ed Ray over the years. Notice how he straight-up lied about having read the Freeh Report "several times."

Dh7Okn0XcAIGdke
Dh7Okn2XcAAdLsK

Dh7Okn2X4AUi__r

A few of Ed's responses to me:

B2LLnO5IUAAxYBu

B2LE_q9IcAA8h_R

Edward Ray
| President, Oregon State University
Office: 541-737-4133
Fax: 541-737-3033
Email: Ed.Ray@OregonState.edu

Last edited:
Note: JOE PATERNO is the only one in this entire group who properly REPORTED to his superior Tim Curley and further REPORTED to the Head of Police Gary Schultz and further FOLLOWED UP with ear-witness Mike McQueary on a story that PSU ultimately REPORTED outside of the university to Children & Youth Services case-worker Jack Raykovitz who also served as President/CEO of Jerry Sandusky's employer at The Second Mile. It was TSM Prez/CEO Jack Raykovitz who blew the chain of command in reporting when he told TSM director Bruce Heim who instructed him to bury the report. Raykovitz somehow maintains his PA-issued license to practice psychology to this very day.

D5gNSZCWwAEAfBW

Last edited:
Note: JOE PATERNO is the only one in this entire group who properly REPORTED to his superior Tim Curley and further REPORTED to the Head of Police Gary Schultz and further FOLLOWED UP with ear-witness Mike McQueary on a story that PSU ultimately REPORTED outside of the university to Children & Youth Services case-worker Jack Raykovitz who also served as President/CEO of Jerry Sandusky's employer at The Second Mile. It was TSM Prez/CEO Jack Raykovitz who blew the chain of command in reporting when he told TSM director Bruce Heim who instructed him to bury the report. Raykovitz somehow maintains his PA-issued license to practice psychology to this very day.

D5gNSZCWwAEAfBW
Not the Joe I knew....

Reactions: Bob78
2. Former NCAA Chairman & OSU Provost Ed Ray, Former OSU President Gordon Gee and current OSU Athletic Director Gene Smith at Ohio State.
  • "The report found that Strauss' behavior was an open secret to more than 50 staff members in Ohio State's athletic department." (CNN link)
  • "We estimate that Strauss sexually assaulted and/or raped a minimum of 1,500/2,000 athletes at OSU from 1978 through 1998." (NBC News link)
Here's a few emails that I've exchanged with Ed Ray over the years. Notice how he straight-up lied about having read the Freeh Report "several times."

Dh7Okn0XcAIGdke
Dh7Okn2XcAAdLsK

Dh7Okn2X4AUi__r

B2LLnO5IUAAxYBu

B2LE_q9IcAA8h_R

Edward Ray

Not the Joe Pat knew...

Not the Joe Lloyd Knew...

877384ac6f0423ae40783cac1e627f90.jpg

Not the Joe Urban Knew...

""I was a coach that really admired him and followed him," Ohio State's Urban Meyer said of his fondness and respect for Joe Paterno. "Any chance I had to visit with him, I'd wear him out with questions. I was always trying to learn from him."

Not the Joe Coach K knew.. or the ending he thought Paterno deserved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob78 and royboy
This is the thread to chronicle everyone and anyone who's ever had a single bad word to say about Penn State and/or Joe Paterno (and/or our "toxic culture") in response to The Second Mile's Jerry Sandusky scandal.

I'll kick things off with an easy example. Lou Anna Simon who led the charge with Sally Mason from the University of Iowa to throw Penn State out of the Big Ten Conference. Yes, there was an informal vote taken about booting Penn State out of the Big Ten. @Zenophile might be able to point you to some good 3rd-party sources of information.

• "I started at the University of Michigan, working with Bo Schembechler and the football program." - Michigan graduate Larry Nassar (link)
C443XhnUYAABn2C
C443XhrVYAA6BJH
We Are because YOU WERE Joe. RIP

All the memories, all the years can't be erased in three months. #weare

The Philadelphia media and their knowledge of Bill Conlan’s exploits with children.

They ALL need to be called out. Hoping to have a tweet directed at every single person on this list, but if not then we shall strive to do exactly that (plus letters to editor, formal complaints to state governing boards, etc., etc).

Last edited:

Dh7Okn0XcAIGdke
Dh7Okn2XcAAdLsK

Dh7Okn2X4AUi__r

B2LLnO5IUAAxYBu

B2LE_q9IcAA8h_R

Edward Ray

Don't recall Gee or Smith piling on, at least not to the extent that they would be lumped together with Ray, but I'm sure you've kept meticulous records.

There should be a specially hot place in hell for yahoo's dan wetzel, who viciously attacked Joe Paterno over and over again. He even went out of his way and personally attacked all PSU almuni for not falling for his and everyone else's bullshit lies.

He and his family deserve to be out on the street. He feeds them with lies!

Considering that Penn St received the 2nd worst penalties in the history of the NCAA for a FORMER employee accused of horseplay in a shower with 1 kid who has never come forward that was reported to the head of police and the charity's mandatory reporter CEO where all other incidents that actually were guilty counts occurred, I expect:

Mich St with their 332 abused students known and covered up by at least 14 Mich St CURRENT employees; and

Ohio St with their 177 abused students known and covered up by at least 50 Ohio St athletic department CURRENT employees including their AD, 2 university presidents, and who knows who else...

have their entire athletic departments and ALL SPORTS PERMENANTLY SHUT DOWN!

Also, with the number of student athletes abused in systematic, widespread coverups at these two institutions, how is the national press almost ignoring this? 500 kids sexually abused at Ohio St and Mich St and no one gives a crap? How many others at other institutions are currently and will be abused because no one cares? The precedent set here is that at least at Mich St and Ohio St staff are permitted to openly sexually abuse student athletes without penalty for decades if they desire. And if this is true at Ohio St and Mich St, where else might abusers be able to sexually abuse students at will? Unfortunately no one seems to care about 500 kids being abused or that it was widely known and covered up by the universities. So likely other abusers will be empowered to sexually assault students knowing that these environments are protected space for them to operate.

Who is the stupid bitch at The Washington Post?

espn as a whole deserves a shit storm. Not only did they crap all over Joe and Penn State, they protected syracuse friends bernie fine and jim boeheim.

Sally Jenkins

C443XhnUYAABn2C
C443XhrVYAA6BJH

Where is Toxic Roxine in all these other matters?
Or is she too busy with her fake Organization? Maybe the IRS finally caught up to the lying bitch.

Don't recall Gee or Smith piling on, at least not to the extent that they would be lumped together with Ray, but I'm sure you've kept meticulous records.
Think it was @demlion who cited their remarks from 2012. Not as outrageous as Ed Ray's, but yeah they should be held to account after dumping on PSU in 2012. Especially when 50-plus OSU employees are said to have known and done nothing. "WHAT DID WOODY KNOW?"
Who is the Chicago shock jock guy?
This guy?

Last edited:
Think it was @demlion who cited their remarks from 2012. Not as outrageous as Ed Ray's, but yeah they should be held to account after dumping on PSU in 2012. Especially when 50-plus OSU employees are said to have known and done nothing.

This guy?
Yeah - that guy. Needs to be perpetually throat punched.

Smith and Gee had a lot to say as the hammer hit PSU. Mostly NOT the sort of shaming talk we heard from Lou Anna. No, perhaps they were too keenly aware of OSU's history with Strauss to get that far out over their skis. But both of them make reference to the fact that OSU had had issues in the past. They dont say they had 177 athletes groped and sexually abused by their doctor.

So, Gordo and Gene, what WERE those earlier issues at OSU? HMMMM? Strauss, or somebody worse?

Not as bad as Lou anna, correct. But we need to know the TRUTH.

sara ganim. She threw her own alma mater under the bus in exchange for a Pulitzer Prize she did not earn. For her efforts, she now spends her time at cnn covering blizzards and laughing at funerals.

In her defense, she wasn’t caught laughing at a funeral. She was caught on air, laughing at the kidnapping and torturing of a special needs man by 4 men in Chicago.

Smith and Gee had a lot to say as the hammer hit PSU. Mostly NOT the sort of shaming talk we heard from Lou Anna. No, perhaps they were too keenly aware of OSU's history with Strauss to get that far out over their skis. But both of them make reference to the fact that OSU had had issues in the past. They dont say they had 177 athletes groped and sexually abused by their doctor.

So, Gordo and Gene, what WERE those earlier issues at OSU? HMMMM? Strauss, or somebody worse?

Not as bad as Lou anna, correct. But we need to know the TRUTH.

LouAnna is just a fvcking whore.

Gordo has way to much to say about everything, so I wouldn't be surprised, though I don't recall anything specific.

Reactions: Locolion
For as quick as you ALWAYS are to throw shade on these types of posts, something tells me you have some Strauss and Nassar-like skeletons in your closet. Seek help.

Something tells me you have a pre-occupation with little kids too because you always post about it. What gives?

I emailed this POS assmunch regarding some of his comments regarding Paterno with actual facts that he constantly chose to ignore. Of course I never heard back from him. May he die a terrible death and then burn in hell.
I did the same thing on numerous occasions. I offered to buy him lunch to explain what was going on and he never responded with anything at all. As I understand it, someone on this board said, Joe dressed him down when he was a young pup covering up for pedo sports writers in Philly. OK, probably unfair as the writer worked for a different paper. When I read his articles about Joe, I always thought he was writing them with glee and not sorrow. I agree he's a POS but won't wish him that death (but understand the sentiment).

Sara Ganim is at the top of my list. The fact that she used the pedophile Bernie McCue as a source is something I will never forget or forgive.

I guess she did what she had to do to climb the ladder. Now she has that plum job covering snowstorms for CNN unless the network wised up and didn't renew her contract.

Along with Lou Anna, Bill Livingston, Sally Jenkins, Dan Bernstein, Dan Wetzel, Sara Ganim and Ed Ray there is a special place in hell for Mark Emmert.

Mark Emmert on Penn State/Jerry Sandusky:
"I've never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university, and I hope to never see it again."

"This is as systemic a cultural problem as it is a football problem. There have been people that said, 'Well this wasn't a football scandal.' Well it was more than a football scandal, much more than a football scandal."

Result: $60 million fine over 5 years, 4-year postseason ban, 4-year reduction of scholarships, 5 years of probation, vacation of wins since 1998, waiver of transfer rules and grant-in-aid retention, implementation of athletics integrity agreement

Mark Emmert on Michigan State/Larry Nassar:
"There's lots of entities in place when it's a university, whether it's their own board, whether it's state government, whether it's higher education oversight boards or accrediting agencies, et cetera, et cetera. What's the appropriate role then for an athletic association, in this case the NCAA, in these circumstances? And that's being widely discussed and debated right now."

"We're providing leadership to the rest of higher (education) right now on trying to figure out how to deal with these issues in advance and prevent them, rather than just always coming in after the fact and imposing some kind of punishment or solutions afterwards."

Result: The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has cleared Michigan State University of any violations stemming from how it has handled sexual assault allegations — including those against disgraced former sports doctor Larry Nassar, who was sentenced to at least 40 years in prison for sexually assaulting his patients.

Mark Emmert on Ohio State/Richard Strauss:
six-crickets-featured-image-final.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT