ADVERTISEMENT

Junior worlds

Reese Larramendy is up next on C for bronze vs Jlassi (TUN) for bronze at 65kg.
Larramendy steps behind and prevails from a seatbelt position scramble, 2-0. Break.
Jlassi gets a leg up high and goes feet-to-back, now up 4-2.
They go out of bounds, and Jlassi was given the step out point but it looked like Larramendy got robbed there. No challenge, 5-2.
Larramendy gives up another 4 on a double going out of bounds. 9-2. That's it.

Last edited:
Amit Elor up for gold at 72kg vs Panassovich (KAZ)
Elor looking, as she usually does, to work off a Russian tie. Panassovich backing up a lot.
Step out, Elor up 1-0.
Elor breaks her down, goes behind, 3-0.
Elor looking like she wants to throw; settles for a shrug. Onto a lace x 2. 9-0.
Panassovich looks for a headlock but Elor slips it, not given the points though.
Elor gets the step-out point, and takes it 10-0, another gold medal.

I don't even know what you do with Amit Elor. As a coach, as a training partner, or as a competitor. She's doing something different that falls within the bounds of the FS ruleset, but it's not really FS wrestling in the traditional sense.

She's basically doing Judo out there. Judo + go behinds. She's not even trying to hit leg attacks, she's just owning the ties and murdering people from a standing position by throwing them or tripping them, or countering when they try leg attacks.

Last edited:
I don't even know what you do with Amit Elor. As a coach, as a training partner, or as a competitor. She's doing something different that falls within the bounds of the FS ruleset, but it's not really FS wrestling in the traditional sense.

She's basically doing Judo out there. Judo + go behinds. She's not even trying to hit leg attacks, she's just owning the ties and murdering people from a standing position by throwing them or tripping them, or countering when they try leg attacks.
She has the same ukrainian coach that Helen and Pico trained with. I am curious about her athletic background. Will have to dig some more.https://www.win-magazine.com/2022/0...d-team-under-watchful-eye-of-legendary-coach/

Reactions: kevin310

That's a good observation. She does train quite heavily in other disciplines so it makes sense that has an unusual style. One of the first things I noticed about her is that she immediately goes to the Russian tie, and not many women know what to do with that b/c they don't see it all that much from opponents. Helen uses a Russian tie as well but not exclusively.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Admittedly I haven’t watched a ton of womens freestyle, and as such, that was my first time watching her. Is this her typical style of wrestling?

She bullied that girl all over the mat. Left undertook, push forward, move them out of position, yank down, and fall on their back. That’s about as simple as it can get, if you can do it. She’s a horse. Impressive to watch someone win with that style on the world level.

Admittedly I haven’t watched a ton of womens freestyle, and as such, that was my first time watching her. Is this her typical style of wrestling?

She bullied that girl all over the mat. Left undertook, push forward, move them out of position, yank down, and fall on their back. That’s about as simple as it can get, if you can do it. She’s a horse. Impressive to watch someone win with that style on the world level.

That’s what she does on every match. I’ve watched a lot of her matches and she simply doesn’t do leg attacks. Only time she touches a leg is when she’s on her short offense going for a go behind or when she’s lacing someone.

I feel like Elor is just on a different plane. She needs to go for Senior gold asap.
She turned 18 on January 1st, which was one day too late for her to have been eligible to compete at the Olympic Trials. I am really looking forward to how she does at Senior Worlds and U23 this year. Here is something I posted in June regarding her:

I am anxious to see how well she does at this year's World Championships. She was not challenged at either the Cadet or Junior level last year. In 2021 she wrestled in both the Cadet and Junior World Championships, taking gold in both without being scored upon. She outscored her opponents 63-0 in winning both tournaments. Here is the UWW link to all of her Cadet and Junior World Championships bouts. Amit Elor matches The sky is the limit for her.

Last edited:
That’s what she does on every match. I’ve watched a lot of her matches and she simply doesn’t do leg attacks. Only time she touches a leg is when she’s on her short offense going for a go behind or when she’s lacing someone.
Very unique style. It will be interesting to see if she can do that on the senior level. She must be incredibly strong. There are some wrestlers where you just wonder what their go to attacks feel like. Her forward pressure and left under-hook, Spencer’s top pressure, Bull’s club, and JB’s double come to mind. Caels ankle pick. He always seemed to catch people flat footed.

I’m sure there are others I’m not thinking off. That would be an interesting conversation to have.

Very unique style. It will be interesting to see if she can do that on the senior level. She must be incredibly strong. There are some wrestlers where you just wonder what their go to attacks feel like. Her forward pressure and left under-hook, Spencer’s top pressure, Bull’s club, and JB’s double come to mind. Caels ankle pick. He always seemed to catch people flat footed.

I’m sure there are others I’m not thinking off. That would be an interesting conversation to have.
Steve Mocco's foot sweeps come to mind as does Dylan Ness' elevator.

NervousEducatedHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

She turned 18 on January 1st, which was one day too late for her to have been eligible to compete at the Olympic Trials. I am really looking forward to how she does at Senior Worlds and U23 this year. Here is something I posted in June regarding her:

I am anxious to see how well she does at this year's World Championships. She was not challenged at either the Cadet or Junior level last year. In 2021 she wrestled in both the Cadet and Junior World Championships, taking gold in both without being scored upon. She outscored her opponents 63-0 in winning both tournaments. Here is the UWW link to all of her Cadet and Junior World Championships bouts. Amit Elor matches The sky is the limit for her.
And she went 20-0 at Final X at MSG this summer.

She will make a great Lady HWC member

Reactions: HawkFan1986

One of these things is not like the others.

Very unique style. It will be interesting to see if she can do that on the senior level. She must be incredibly strong.
Her lats are more developed than almost anyone I can think of in women's wrestling, so it's no wonder she can bulldoze juniors around the mat. Once she gets into seatbelt position she's going to win that position every time just on strength. She leaves herself open for yolo headlocks but I've yet to see that work for anyone.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I didn’t have the heart to point that out

You’re a better man than me.

That said,

Wtf am I missing?

Alex Marinelli seems like a nice enough kid, but putting him in any conversation where generational talents are being discussed is a bit of a stretch. Amit Elor, at the ripe old age of 18, is so far beyond Marinelli that including him in the conversation is doing her an injustice.

Last edited:
That said,

Alex Marinelli seems like a nice enough kid, but putting him in any conversation where generational talents are being discussed is a bit of a stretch. Amit Elor, at the ripe old age of 18, is so far beyond Marinelli that including him in the conversation is doing her an injustice.
I figured. I wasn’t talking about who’s a better wrestler. I was talking about how he used that club to do his pop double. The pressure he’d put on his opponents with his heavy hands. I think it presents a unique feel like the other wrestlers i mentioned. I wasn’t comparing wrestlers, but okay. How could you even read that post and think I was trying to compare career accomplishments?

I thought people on here, given the wrestling knowledge, would add additional people to my primitive list, maybe people I wouldn’t have thought of. Instead it turned into gif posting and Hawkeye bashing and being condescending, because you don’t like Iowa.

It’s your prerogative. I’m sure it’s easier to gain favor amongst the psu faithful here shitting on me. Enjoy the low hanging fruit if you must.

I figured. I wasn’t talking about who’s a better wrestler. I was talking about how he used that club to do his pop double. The pressure he’d put on his opponents with his heavy hands. I think it presents a unique feel like the other wrestlers i mentioned. I wasn’t comparing wrestlers, but okay. How could you even read that post and think I was trying to compare career accomplishments?

I thought people on here, given the wrestling knowledge, would add additional people to my primitive list, maybe people I wouldn’t have thought of. Instead it turned into gif posting and Hawkeye bashing and being condescending, because you don’t like Iowa.

It’s your prerogative. I’m sure it’s easier to gain favor amongst the psu faithful here shitting on me. Enjoy the low hanging fruit if you must.

If it makes you feel any better, Nick Lee, Max Dean, Carter Starocci and Aaron Brooks don’t meet that standard, either. Hell, not even DT.

I’m talking about people who are Jerry West, “the logo” level kind of people. Mocco foot sweep, Cael ankle pick, JB double. Amit Elor is doing the sport in a way that no one else is doing it.

So, she is our U23 rep as well??

You’re a better man than me.

That said,

a bit of a stretch thats damn near to the moon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT