ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Fleming sightings in the OSU/ND game

I think the type of offense also attracts different kids. It seems that PSU attracts the big-time RBs while OSU gets the WRs. Nothing wrong with either just different offenses and different strokes for different folks. And that's not to say PSU doesn't attract the WRs - and the same for OSU RBs - just not quite at the level of the other - but close
It's a decent take.

So even with his lingering shoulder injury from HS which resulted in surgery after his freshman year? Those OSU doctors-surgeons must really suck compared to other schools that could have fixed his medical issues by now. Of course, Adam Taliaferro - and his family - would probably disagree BIGTIME with you

He's a starter - named by the OSU coaching staff. End of story

Dimwit alert. Dimwit alert. Dimwit alert
Not one season ending injury. He's missed a few games here and there but is invisible at Ohio St for 3 full years as the #1 wr of his class. Call it a loop if you want to attack me instead of being honest about the stats, but they are the record even if you want distance from them.

Not one season ending injury. He's missed a few games here and there but is invisible at Ohio St for 3 full years as the #1 wr of his class. Call it a loop if you want to attack me instead of being honest about the stats, but they are the record even if you want distance from them.
OK everybody. Let's all quit posting so Online Persona can have the last post -------with the same content again, and again, and again. Blah, blah, blah ..........It's all your's Persona.............

So? You act like he's the first big recruit to get passed by on the depth chart and assume somehow if he came to PSU he'd be doing better. You do not know this.
He's obsessed with Julian Fleming.
Young man made his choice
Has joined a team with great talent (eyes wide open)
lost time to injuries and surgery
Has never uttered a word of dissatisfaction or regret AND has always had the option of the portal....
I say good for JF...he hasn't complained or taken the path of least resistance.
Good luck to him except for when OSU plays PSU.

Has never uttered a word of dissatisfaction or regret AND has always had the option of the portal....
I'm not from near him, but people I know that live there seemed to have no opinion, like they didn't know him or those that did said he's alright. Like the kid I knew went to Bloomsburg and he was the one who told me he was headed to OSU, seemingly before the online guys said so.

Once again - wrong. Two full years - both sidetracked by injury and surgery - he's just now starting his 3rd year.

Reactions: marshall23
Spot on. Every statement is 100% accurate. The kid is really happy at OSU so who are we to say what he should've or should do in the future. Injuries and surgery can derail anyone. Plus, he seems like a class act in the interviews I've seen.

Spot on. Every statement is 100% accurate. The kid is really happy at OSU so who are we to say what he should've or should do in the future. Injuries and surgery can derail anyone. Plus, he seems like a class act in the interviews I've seen.
Injuries and competition. Two starting WR's at OSU from last year were both 1st round NFL picks. There are 2 now (Njigba and Harrison) who are probably future 1st rounders. Tough competition. If Fleming was unhappy, he would have left by now, given how easy it is.

Well, I am from the area...a Southern Alum many many years removed. I was a freshman on the team when Julian's Grandpa Mick, was our QB. I was disappointed, not that he chose OSU, but that he made statements after that I felt were unnecessary. But that was 3 years ago.
My old teammates who still live in Catawissa never felt he was a PSU lean....at least not the last year and a half of his recruitment. I get together once a year with my teammates and I've never heard them say a bad word about the kid.
I'm not from near him, but people I know that live there seemed to have no opinion, like they didn't know him or those that did said he's alright. Like the kid I knew went to Bloomsburg and he was the one who told me he was headed to OSU, seemingly before the online guys said so.
h

LOL. You've pulled this same schtick with others as well -- me included.

Fact is, we are chasing Ohio State. They are the most relevant topic of football conversation beyond our own program. Some of us actually pay attention to other programs, and can offer opinions that aren't absurd homer takes.

There's a reason why people like me and others bring up OSU and not Nebraska or Minnesota or Indiana. OSU is the obstacle between us and where we want to be. We may want to be informed on the goings on.

Your inferiority complex with OSU is understandable. But having that complex shouldn't preclude you from being at least somewhat objective about the matter. Otherwise, you sound as ridiculous as Pitt fans or Maryland fans when talking about us.
Noticed Justin Shorter's name in FL. Gator writeup, has Shorter been around longer than Clifford. Is Shorter another one with a fleeting NFL career?

No he's not. He has many faces when it comes to slamming a school. He's on all of the B1G Rivals boards (and a few independent boards) and really takes shots at OSU on several boards - especially the MGoBlog board. His antics are really comical on the Nebraska and Iowa boards as he really tries to stir the pot over on those two boards. He's had several Nebraska fans swear he's a Hawkeye in disguise and vice versa.

I'm about 99% sure his alter ego is a poster - that we all know - that strictly posts on the McAndrew ON3 board now - at least that is what 3 other posters, that I know quite well, claim. Basically, he's harmless. Oh, and he absolutely hates Harbaugh
He’s an O$U fan. His business. But his act is old.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Another touchdown for Fleming. 😂

Another touchdown for Fleming. 😂
Another week of Buckeyes bringing this topic back up after it's been let go. We're not impressed.

The young man has lost a ton of money with his choice and I feel sorry for him. He'd already be a 1st or 2nd round projection at nearly any other school right now. If he achieves that later this season then I would retract my assessment. But I don't see him there this coming draft unless he becomes at least your #2 option.

Another week of Buckeyes bringing this topic back up after it's been let go. We're not impressed.

The young man has lost a ton of money with his choice and I feel sorry for him. He'd already be a 1st or 2nd round projection at nearly any other school right now. If he achieves that later this season then I would retract my assessment. But I don't see him there this coming draft unless he becomes at least your #2 option.
If he has a solid year and decides to enter the NFL draft, his combine numbers and his ability to stay healthy will determine where he ends up in the draft. Maybe he stays for another year to bolster his draft status and prove he is healthy.

If he has a solid year and decides to enter the NFL draft, his combine numbers and his ability to stay healthy will determine where he ends up in the draft. Maybe he stays for another year to bolster his draft status and prove he is healthy.
He's always had the talent just not the opportunity. Maybe he gets more as the season moves along, we don't know. But he'd already have his 1st or 2nd round projection by now at any other school because people outside of PA and OH would have already heard of him the last 2 years.

Julian Fleming will make more money than you ever dreamed of. Quit worrying so much about Julian and worry more about your future as you never know what's going to happen. Julian will be fine and would appreciate you worrying so much about him I'm sure.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
His combine numbers will not impress, he needs to show production to improve his draft stock.

He made his choice, nothing wrong with that. He has been injured and also playing behind some great WR's. Psu hasn't done bad on the WR front, so let's move on

Fleming almost had a 2nd long TD as he completely broke away from the Wisky DBs but Stroud just didn't get enough on the ball as he had pressure on him - one of the few times in the game. I didn't realize he as that big - 6-2 and 205

Everybody at OSU - including Day and especially Hartline - is raving about him and his enormous skill set now that he's finally healthy. looks like he's turned into a go to guy - especially with Smith-Njigba still questionable. And that WR room has the NFL scout all over it. Really happy for any young man that sticks out a difficult situation and succeeds

He made his choice, nothing wrong with that. He has been injured and also playing behind some great WR's. Psu hasn't done bad on the WR front, so let's move on
Exactly right. In fact, I've seen several future NFL drafts that project Parker Washington as a possible 1st round pick. Oh, and Dotson says hello. PSU is right there with anyone (maybe just a step behind OSU) when it comes to future NFL receivers. And besides, he has one of my top 3 favorite all-time Lions throwing to him - Cliff. I put Clifford there with Saquan and of course my all-time favorite - Cappy

Julian Fleming will make more money than you ever dreamed of. Quit worrying so much about Julian and worry more about your future as you never know what's going to happen. Julian will be fine and would appreciate you worrying so much about him I'm sure.
Possibly. I mean I retired in my early 40s with a very comfortable amount. But between the record inflation, the 2 consecutive quarters of negative gdp, and the stock market collapse, my net worth actually decreased for the first time in my adult life. If Fleming is in the league for a number of years he may bring in more than me. If the economy improves in the next couple of years maybe not.

Possibly. I mean I retired in my early 40s with a very comfortable amount. But between the record inflation, the 2 consecutive quarters of negative gdp, and the stock market collapse, my net worth actually decreased for the first time in my adult life. If Fleming is in the league for a number of years he may bring in more than me. If the economy improves in the next couple of years maybe not.
If I was a betting man, my money would be on Julian. No offense.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on Julian. No offense.
I'd be surprised if JF is a first or second round draft pick whenever he decides to declare.
He'll be 22 this year and his physical skills are peaked. His injury history (one surgery in high school and one so far at OSU) along with the fact that he admitted his shoulder is still prone to subluxation....is not a prescription for a multi million dollar investment.
If healthy, I believe he has good potential to see the NFL and his work ethic and willingness to contribute on special teams are in his favor.

I'd be surprised if JF is a first or second round draft pick whenever he decides to declare.
He'll be 22 this year and his physical skills are peaked. His injury history (one surgery in high school and one so far at OSU) along with the fact that he admitted his shoulder is still prone to subluxation....is not a prescription for a multi million dollar investment.
If healthy, I believe he has good potential to see the NFL and his work ethic and willingness to contribute on special teams are in his favor.
You just hit on his biggest problem and, if I've read correctly, I believe this goes all the way back to HS. He's uber talented when healthy, BUT..........

You just hit on his biggest problem and, if I've read correctly, I believe this goes all the way back to HS. He's uber talented when healthy, BUT..........
Julian is a very gifted athlete....that being said:
He was 19 when he played in his last state championship...
ask anyone who has ever coached high school football the physical difference between a 16-17 year old and a 19 year old male athlete.
He played in a small school, run oriented.
There were likely young men who played in more competitive situations in Florida etc. that came better prepared for D1.
To his credit....he has worked thru everything and seems to have the respect of his coaches and teammates....never complained or looked to portal to greener pastures.
I just see him as a late round or UDFA. He'll get a shot....

Reactions: creamery freak
Julian is a very gifted athlete....that being said:
He was 19 when he played in his last state championship...
ask anyone who has ever coached high school football the physical difference between a 16-17 year old and a 19 year old male athlete.
He played in a small school, run oriented.
There were likely young men who played in more competitive situations in Florida etc. that came better prepared for D1.
To his credit....he has worked thru everything and seems to have the respect of his coaches and teammates....never complained or looked to portal to greener pastures.
I just see him as a late round or UDFA. He'll get a shot....
I get what you are saying about the difference in physical development but the #1 WR and #7 player at any position was not being projected as a late round or UDFA. I know the recruiting evaluators get things wrong but this would be a very big miss. How many guys that highly rated (top quarter of 5 stars) are late round to undrafted?

I get what you are saying about the difference in physical development but the #1 WR and #7 player at any position was not being projected as a late round or UDFA. I know the recruiting evaluators get things wrong but this would be a very big miss. How many guys that highly rated (top quarter of 5 stars) are late round to undrafted?
Stop...rankings are not fool proof. Even the pros aren't perfect. Name the 5 guys drafted before Derek Jeter.
I can think of 2 that PSU has had recently that aren't going to be drafted high......Slade and Shorter.
Shea Patterson was #4 in 2016 undrafted
Ben Davis #5 overall in 2016 undrafted ....hey its not a perfect science.
If Fleming has another shoulder surgery, he may not be playing at all. That has nothing to do with the college he chose.

Stop...rankings are not fool proof. Even the pros aren't perfect. Name the 5 guys drafted before Derek Jeter.
I can think of 2 that PSU has had recently that aren't going to be drafted high......Slade and Shorter.
Shea Patterson was #4 in 2016 undrafted
Ben Davis #5 overall in 2016 undrafted ....hey its not a perfect science.
If Fleming has another shoulder surgery, he may not be playing at all. That has nothing to do with the college he chose.
Not saying every one of the top 7 5-stars are always drafted, just that it would be a big miss in the evaluation.

I found this on Eleven Warriors - Ryan Day had this to say about Fleming in his Tuesday press conference:

• Day says Ohio State identified Julian Fleming's physicality and work ethic while he was in high school, and says his ability to "crack safeties" and block in the run game makes a "big difference" for the Buckeye offense. "Because of his strength, he's a mismatch for a lot of DBs."
He also called Fleming a difference maker after their game on Saturday and said that they expect huge things from him now that he's finally healthy

As several have already noted, his problem is staying healthy which has cost him the first two years of his CF career

Last edited:
I found this on Eleven Warriors - Ryan Day had this to say about Fleming in his Tuesday press conference:

• Day says Ohio State identified Julian Fleming's physicality and work ethic while he was in high school, and says his ability to "crack safeties" and block in the run game makes a "big difference" for the Buckeye offense. "Because of his strength, he's a mismatch for a lot of DBs."
He also called Fleming a difference maker after their game on Saturday and said that they expect huge things from him now that he's finally healthy

As several have already noted, his problem is staying healthy which has cost him the first two years of his CF career
I'm proud that two Southern Columbia Football Alums are making contributions to their respective teams in the Big Ten. I don't know how PSU missed on Cal Halladay. They've come a long way since the boosters sponsored "rock picking" parties on the field when I played there. LOL
We didn't really have a "home field" and played our night games at Athletic Park in Bloomsburg and a few day games at the Catawissa Redskins field.
Our SVL Championship in 1966 has been "slightly" overshadowed by 12 PIAA State Titles:oops:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT