ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Fleming

FWIW Fleming is currently the #1 WR in the portal with an NIL value of $183k.

1) Juice Wells from South Carolina
2) Caullin Lacy from South Alabama
3) Rico Flores from Notre Dame
4) Donaven McCulley from Indiana

39) Cristan Driver from PSU

Top DL:
1) Joey Slackman from Penn
2) Thor Griffith from Harvard
So, Juicy Wells and Julian Fleming are the dame person..... 😂

This! Get over it!
I’ll give you one more. Since entering college Fleming suffered a shoulder injury that’s never completely healed, it keeps recurring from time to time and restricts his playing time. Yeah, but let’s go all in on slow wide receiver with a History of injury.

I’ll give you one more. Since entering college Fleming suffered a shoulder injury that’s never completely healed, it keeps recurring from time to time and restricts his playing time. Yeah, but let’s go all in on slow wide receiver with a History of injury.
He is no better than a 2 or 3 in our wr room.

I agree and have no knock on Fleming personally. The program simply has different needs. PSU needs to move forward and focus on fulfilling it's needs to reach it's goals.

Andy Kotelnicki said that he involves himself in the coaching at every position. I expect this style to ensure better skills in the basics, AND it will allow him to design an offense to use the skills of the players. EVEN THE PROS COACH AND INSTRUCT. He won't keep a star recruiter who can not coach his kids up.

Last edited:
Andy Kotelnicki said that he involves himself in the coaching at every position. I expect this style to ensure better skills in the basics, AND it will allow him to design an offense to use the skills of the players. EVEN THE PROS COACH AND INSTRUCT. He won't keep a star recruiter who can not coach his kids up.
Christ, let’s hope this is accurate!

He is no better than a 2 or 3 in our wr room.
What 2 PSU WRs are better than Fleming? I'm not saying he's the answer but we don't even have 1 WR who has distinguished himself.

What 2 PSU WRs are better than Fleming? I'm not saying he's the answer but we don't even have 1 WR who has distinguished himself.

Arguments can be made that KLS has been, but he's also played a season where he was the #1 where as Fleming is entering the portal the year he is set to at least compete to be the #1.

Wallace I think is a similar comparison though a younger player. Similar stats, both seemingly injury prone, neither are burners.

The reality is, it boils down to this: does Fleming make our WR room better? Whether he is the 1, 2, 3, or even depth, does he improve our room? I don't believe that you go after him simply because he's a former PA 5*. You go after him because he improves your team.

does Fleming make our WR room better? Whether he is the 1, 2, 3, or even depth, does he improve our room? I don't believe that you go after him simply because he's a former PA 5*. You go after him because he improves your team.
Fleming was a 5* 99.35 out of high school but he's a 4* 91.73 as a transfer. I agree you don't take him because of what he used to be but you do take him if you think a 4* 91.73 improves our team. Maybe we can do better but I think we could definitely do worse.

Fleming was a 5* 99.35 out of high school but he's a 4* 91.73 as a transfer. I agree you don't take him because of what he used to be but you do take him if you think a 4* 91.73 improves our team. Maybe we can do better but I think we could definitely do worse.
Seems like many of the posters advocating for Fleming to come to PSU haven’t considered whether he has any interest in coming here. He not only picked OSU over PSU but dissed the coaching staff when he did claiming that the staff was misusing Shorter. Given that what makes any one think he is interested in coming here now?

Reactions: GregInPitt
Fleming was 4th in catches for the Buckeyes this season. 26 catches for 270 yards. Pretty good blocker from what I've seen.
A one year band aid admittedly, but makes sense IMO. In the meantime, recruit and develop younger talent

Fleming needs to go to an offensive minded program where he can catch 60 balls. He needs to be able to showcase his skills so he can be drafted in a reasonable round.

Fitz: "Fascinating evaluation, genuinely don't know, some say yes, some say no, a lot to like, not ready to say one way or the other...".

A one year band aid admittedly, but makes sense IMO. In the meantime, recruit and develop younger talent
What younger talent? Saunders was highly rated but didn't see much action. Ivey was a 4* recruit last year but I don't think he saw any action. The incoming class has three 3* prospects. Sometimes they turn out great but I don't think we have any 4* or 5* kids in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Reactions: GregInPitt
That's always - and still is - the biggest concern with Fleming. He's a solid WR when healthy BUT.........

Lol look at all this hate for a guy who is better than anyone on the god damn roster right now 😂. Talk about Beggars being choosers 😂

That would be like u dub fans from 2 years ago, Doggin on their portal targets at rec, saying "na, we are just fine with our 9th place standings in passing offense in the PAC ..we don't need that adunze guy lil

Lol look at all this hate for a guy who is better than anyone on the god damn roster right now 😂. Talk about Beggars being choosers 😂

That would be like u dub fans from 2 years ago, Doggin on their portal targets at rec, saying "na, we are just fine with our 9th place standings in passing offense in the PAC ..we don't need that adunze guy lil
I think the analysis here is should PSU ignore the recruitment history to pick up a guy who will make a difference?

Fleming's production after 4 years at OSU doesn't lend itself to the belief he takes off next year and it is worth PSU groveling for a guy who already jilted PSU once.

I think the analysis here is should PSU ignore the recruitment history to pick up a guy who will make a difference?

Fleming's production after 4 years at OSU doesn't lend itself to the belief he takes off next year and it is worth PSU groveling for a guy who already jilted PSU once.
I don't think anybody said we should grovel for Fleming. The suggestion is that we need at least 2 WRs in the portal this year and Fleming is worth considering. If we get a couple better than him that would be great.

Reactions: doctornick
What a fall from grace. Fleming coming out of high school as the #1 WR in the country. Blowing us off and choosing OSU with delusions of grander being a first round pick in the NFL Draft have all but faded. He can now buddy up with McCord who also blew us off since he didn't like the offense we ran.

I hope the two of them find a better offense that will suit their talents.

Of course Fleming can help PSU to some degree, but I would pass as I’d be concerned about his attitude. He probably still thinks he’s Mr. Big Shot who was too good for PSU. After 4 years of mediocrity in Columbus, he needs to know his role and only then would I consider. There more productive guys in the portal that can be equally productive for PSU without the baggage. He’d also be a waste of whatever NIL money he’s asking for, unless it’s a coupon to Wendy’s.

What younger talent? Saunders was highly rated but didn't see much action. Ivey was a 4* recruit last year but I don't think he saw any action. The incoming class has three 3* prospects. Sometimes they turn out great but I don't think we have any 4* or 5* kids in the pipeline.
The #1 recruit in this PSU class is Quinton Martin from Belle Vernon; he's got the size and athletic ability to play as a freshman. He has played Running Back, and Wide Receiver, and would be a good prospect for DB or LB too.

Won't know till he goes through spring practice, etc. but I believe he could help at WR.

This thread is a loud notice to WR recruits, don't go to Penm State if you want to be developed or to be used wisely in their offense. The best recruiter is results. We have a lot of WRs in the NFL. I am convinced that Kotelnicki will get a lot more production from our WRs, TBs and TEs.
Are you giving up on Singleton because his production fell, or looking for a proven OC to move the offense to the same level as our defense?

Reactions: royboy
2 kids who have not played a single down of meaningful football are coming in and bumping him to a 3? Not buying it. Not everyone turns into Marvin Harrison on day one.
Tate and Inniss both saw time this year, especially Tate who will be WR1 unless Ekbuka stays ( which he's hinting at. Jeremiah Smith will be pushing for time from day 1, Jayden Ballard also saw meaningful time this year and will be fighting for a starting spot. Nobody is turning into Marv on day 1, nobody can but there is an abundance of talent in that room. If only they could do the same with O line recruiting!

I hope we can land the WR from Indiana, McCalley. He did some descent damage to us when we played them this year. A former Dual Threat QB, he is 6-3 and can run. Be a great get.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT