ADVERTISEMENT

Journeyman World Classic

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017

Decent international field along with a bunch of highly ranked US high schoolers. The biggest potential match is at 126 between Lilledahl and Anthony Knox. Sealey is entered and could see #5 William Henckel. Christian Castillo (113), Kyler Larkin(132), Pierson Manville(145), Nicco Ruiz(152), Adam Waters(170), Rocco Welsh(182), and Aeoden Sinclair(195) are also entered. Look out for Michael Romero at 120 as well. He’s only an 8th grader from California but is super tough. Saw that Joe Bachmann is registered at 106 in the high school division. Heard lots about him but haven’t seen him compete at this level before. Anyone know if he’s high school ready? Starts tomorrow afternoon and through the weekend

Last edited:
I think that this is Bachmann's first year competing in Freestyle. He's high school ready for sure, but still has some physical development left Will be interesting to see if he can hang iwith top dogs in this style though.

Romero is super tough. He's a year older than my highschooler) so age shouldn't really be a factor for him.

Reactions: zzs006

Decent international field along with a bunch of highly ranked US high schoolers. The biggest potential match is at 126 between Lilledahl and Anthony Knox. Sealey is entered and could see #5 William Henckel. Christian Castillo (113), Kyler Larkin(132), Pierson Manville(145), Nicco Ruiz(152), Adam Waters(170), Rocco Welsh(182), and Aeoden Sinclair(195) are also entered. Look out for Michael Romero at 120 as well. He’s only an 8th grader from California but is super tough. Saw that Joe Bachmann is registered at 106 in the high school division. Heard lots about him but haven’t seen him compete at this level before. Anyone know if he’s high school ready? Starts tomorrow afternoon and through the weekend
This is going to be fire. Bachmans old man trains all those Faith kids. It will be exciting to see the son light up HS. His dad is doing a great job making that program into a top team in the country. I think he runs garage gang.

I got Lilledahl over knox easily. Waters is a going to be. Top recruit.

Sealey is a special talent. I would say him
And Shapiro are the two next big things in ncaa wrestling

Sealey is a special talent. I would say him
And Shapiro are the two next big things in ncaa wrestling
I agree he is going to be great but at this point he is much better in freestyle. He struggles from bottom a bit and it only gets more difficult in college. I have no doubts he will improve there. His pace and neutral attacks are elite though. Reminds me of Nolf a bit from neutral with his creativity and nonstop attacking mentality

I can’t find brackets or matchups anywhere but I did catch Sealeys first match. He won 10-0 against Papikyan the 2023 U23 European silver medalist. Sealey is so good in freestyle
Brackets are on Flo Arena

This is going to be fire. Bachmans old man trains all those Faith kids. It will be exciting to see the son light up HS. His dad is doing a great job making that program into a top team in the country. I think he runs garage gang.

I got Lilledahl over knox easily. Waters is a going to be. Top recruit.
Would be surprised if Lilledahl took out Knox easily but you never know in free

Last edited:
Adrian Meza just beat Lilledahl 9-4 in the semis. Meza will see Knox in the finals. Meza is part of the Valiant Prep team and has committed to wrestle at Iowa State in college
Hmmmm. Nothing again Meza and the Valiant kids are usually studs in freestyle, but I’m wondering Lilledahl isn’t right.

Hmmmm. Nothing again Meza and the Valiant kids are usually studs in freestyle, but I’m wondering Lilledahl isn’t right.
Something doesn’t seem quite right with him. Down 9-4 and didn’t fire off a single attack in the last 30+ seconds. I also thought Meza should’ve gotten 4 on his td. Seemed feet to back to me

I keep telling you guys. Knox over everyone (Lilledahl, Bassett, etc) - and he’s better in folk.

To beeee fair, the last time Bassett and Knox met wasn’t super long ago and Bassett put it on him
Oh I get that. And hey, Bassett has the most recent win.

Just think he’s the best prospect of that group (including Forrest). Knowing Carl though, he probably gets 2 of them.

Just think he’s the best prospect of that group (including Forrest). Knowing Carl though, he probably gets 2 of them.
Yeah I think the last point is interesting. I think Bassett, Knox and Forrest all end up at different weights.

Knox is very underrated on this board. Not a lot of hype like Bassett, Lilledahl, or Jax and he might be the best. I personally have Jax at the top with the other 3 in a tight bunch close behind. It’s crazy to say but I think Lilledahl might be 4th for me out of that group. I wasn’t sure Bassett was going to continue to be able to bully people as he went up in weight but he has and seems to be getting better and better. Knox is a bit up and down but that might be injury related and when he is on he is incredible. Jax is at the top for me because he has the most diverse skill set and seems to absolutely love competing. He is dynamic on his feet and doesn’t seem scared to try things because he knows he will continue to score even if he gives up a td here and there. I love that he has wrestled everywhere and never shied away from top competition. I hope you right that PSU gets 2 of them.

Knox is very underrated on this board. Not a lot of hype like Bassett, Lilledahl, or Jax and he might be the best. I personally have Jax at the top with the other 3 in a tight bunch close behind. It’s crazy to say but I think Lilledahl might be 4th for me out of that group. I wasn’t sure Bassett was going to continue to be able to bully people as he went up in weight but he has and seems to be getting better and better. Knox is a bit up and down but that might be injury related and when he is on he is incredible. Jax is at the top for me because he has the most diverse skill set and seems to absolutely love competing. He is dynamic on his feet and doesn’t seem scared to try things because he knows he will continue to score even if he gives up a td here and there. I love that he has wrestled everywhere and never shied away from top competition. I hope you right that PSU gets 2 of them.
Jax is going to be fun to watch in college. Hope it’s at PSU

Reactions: Sullivan
Yeah I think the last point is interesting. I think Bassett, Knox and Forrest all end up at different weights.
All three is different weights would be something. I agree these three including Lilledahl are a special group. All four have bright futures but a million things need to continue to go right.

Knox is so talented but his character is a question mark. His skills are second to none. Lightning Luke puts it on the line every chance he can. People already saying “maybe he isn’t right” He lost to Bassett and Meza (Fargo Champ, who was huge for 126). Jax is the best of the group talent wise but is up and down in matches. Let’s not forget he won how many college open matches this season. Same with Luke, these young kids are so tough. For years people say Basset's style won’t last and I agree with someone earlier he keeps improving as he gets older and bigger. Jax and Bo seem to be making each other better and better.

Sealey is the one though. He could be the next 3-4 time ncaa champion. He took the loss to Ferrari and has looked terrific ever since.

Reactions: Sullivan
All three is different weights would be something. I agree these three including Lilledahl are a special group. All four have bright futures but a million things need to continue to go right.

Knox is so talented but his character is a question mark. His skills are second to none. Lightning Luke puts it on the line every chance he can. People already saying “maybe he isn’t right” He lost to Bassett and Meza (Fargo Champ, who was huge for 126). Jax is the best of the group talent wise but is up and down in matches. Let’s not forget he won how many college open matches this season. Same with Luke, these young kids are so tough. For years people say Basset's style won’t last and I agree with someone earlier he keeps improving as he gets older and bigger. Jax and Bo seem to be making each other better and better.

Sealey is the one though. He could be the next 3-4 time ncaa champion. He took the loss to Ferrari and has looked terrific ever since.
Since Ironman, I’d say. The loss to Birden seemed to wake him up.

This surprises me. My friends out East said Bachmann would TF Deputy easily. How much older is deputy
Deputy is a freshman at Chestnut Ridge. FLO has Deputy ranked 8th at 106. Bachman is not ranked....possibly because of grade, weight or both.

There's a guy I know that puts bacon in his carbonara that is very high on Anthony Knox.
Willie can
brain-craft-bring-home-the-bacon.gif

A) Wino was referring too Willie who likes bacon and Bud Heavies (not Bud Light) and was fired from flo.
B) Nomad was obnoxious, probably follows Dylan Mulvaney and thankfully was fired.
C) Mike Mal did more meaningful bits than anyone but was fired regardless.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Hate to get back on topic but I'm still on the Lillendahl train. Kid is going to be a great college wrestler.
I agree with Steel. Luke is a stud and lost two matches. Let’s praise him for getting after it. So many wrestlers get ranked and then don’t show up at the big events. This kid lost to two tough kids.
I frown down on the kids who don’t grind and then think they will be able to withstand a Big ten schedule. Not a chance. Lightning Luke needs to be in Happy Valley

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT