ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin post game quote.

Ahh. I'm quickly getting ok with it. We had a coach for 45 years who would never say anything bad about an opponent, would never run it up on an opponent, and all that bought him was people thinking he was capable of placing winning football games over children being sexually abused. I'm more than happy to wear the black hat.
SPOT-FREAKIN-ON!!! F'everybody! The only way you get to the "playoff" is to be in the headlines...well bring it! This makes headlines!

Franklin: "For their win last year it was like winning the Super Bowl. For us this year, it was like beating Akron."

Way to disrespect Akron!!

Understand he was trying to reinforce the idea that every game is viewed and treated alike. But his wordsmithing did leave a little something to be desired.
Or maybe it was just a "thank you" for Narditzy's reference to Donovan's playcalling a couple years ago.

All the Pitt players and fans got participation ribbons today so well done. Pat yourselves on the back and don't forget to brush your tooth before turning in tonight.

Before all six of the Pitt fans get all high and mighty...remember Narduzzi's post game presser after last year's game.

And I quote "Oh, that's just another excuse..."

You reap what you sow, Narputz.

Last edited:
Before all six of the Pitt fans get all high and mighty...remember Narduzzi's post game pressed after last year's game.

And I quote "Oh, that's just another excuse..."

You reap what you sow, Narputz.
And his slam in 2015 about the offensive coaching. And if Pitt fans were really concerned about class, they would want their coach to not use negative recruiting. But class apparently only goes one way.

Blown way out of proportion just like everything on news....as mundane as it seems, it is one game at a time, just worry about opponent immediately in front of you....not the ones behind you or those way ahead of you.

Yes Franklin is pushing his one game at a time mantra. He actually said in the full quote, I believe, that every game is our super bowl.

He doesn't believes in circling games because it leads to you losing focus yadda yadda yadda....and of course he is right.

However there is no doubt he, the other coaches, players and fans all know the success of this program will hinge on consistently competing and beating Ohio St and Michigan.

Also you dont say dominate the state and not know what that implies. Keep the best kids in state and beat your in state competition. That implies to recruitung of course but recruiting doesnt matter unless you get results on the field.

So Franklin absolutely knows this a big game for the program. For his coaching staff that recruits against them. For alot of his players and for a sizeable segment of the fan base.

He could of easily phrased his answer differently and acknowledged as much but he stuck to his mantra and knew he was twisting the knife a little while doing it. His commemts on their face could be argued as taken out of context but he is fully aware of how these comments are being taken by his opponents today.

Reactions: JohnHenry87
NarDouche and the Pitters knee slap each other and drop quotes like this all the time. I know what CJF meant, his Freudian slip, however, is the fact that Pitt truly is no better than Akron.

The Pitters really need to come to terms that they are a tier 3 program.

It is what it is. Georgia State, Georgia State, Georgia State

Reactions: pandaczar12
Yes Franklin is pushing his one game at a time mantra. He actually said in the full quote, I believe, that every game is our super bowl.

He doesn't believes in circling games because it leads to you losing focus yadda yadda yadda....and of course he is right.

However there is no doubt he, the other coaches, players and fans all know the success of this program will hinge on consistently competing and beating Ohio St and Michigan.

Also you dont say dominate the state and not know what that implies. Keep the best kids in state and beat your in state competition. That implies to recruitung of course but recruiting doesnt matter unless you get results on the field.

So Franklin absolutely knows this a big game for the program. For his coaching staff that recruits against them. For alot of his players and for a sizeable segment of the fan base.

He could of easily phrased his answer differently and acknowledged as much but he stuck to his mantra and knew he was twisting the knife a little while doing it. His commemts on their face could be argued as taken out of context but he is fully aware of how these comments are being taken by his opponents today.

Pitt beat PSU last year. Pitt's recruiting is actually worse while PSU's got better. That is what dominate the state was about. Pitt comes off PSU's schedule in 2 years. Even if Pitt beats PSU both times, it won't affect the big picture. I know that doesn't make sense, but it is a fact. Pitt is irrelevant and probably always will be. PSU is not.

Franklin knew what he was doing when he said that. First, he does not want his team to believe this was a huge win at all. And rightly so. Home vs. Michigan and away vs. Ohio State will be so much tougher than this game was. Second, Pitt probably really pissed him off at some point in the last year.

Reactions: m48tank
NarDouche and the Pitters knee slap each other and drop quotes like this all the time. I know what CJF meant, his Freudian slip, however, is the fact that Pitt truly is no better than Akron.

The Pitters really need to come to terms that they are a tier 3 program.

It is what it is. Georgia State, Georgia State, Georgia State

The Georgia State game really worries me. They are probably the worst team in America. It HAS to be a blowout or we really will drop in the polls.

You need to sell insurance.... LOLOL!

Pitt alumni and fan here. I actually see Pitt maybe going 7-6 this year if we even get to a bowl game. I don't care about the quote. BUT, this board is reacting worse than the quote. Pitt has a grad transfer at QB and is playing with players that are pretty green. Let's face it, if not for the interceptions the game would have been much closer. So gloat now but you have a couple games coming up to prove how great you are.

Pitt alumni and fan here. I actually see Pitt maybe going 7-6 this year if we even get to a bowl game. I don't care about the quote. BUT, this board is reacting worse than the quote. Pitt has a grad transfer at QB and is playing with players that are pretty green. Let's face it, if not for the interceptions the game would have been much closer. So gloat now but you have a couple games coming up to prove how great you are.

If not for interceptions the game would have been closer? If both of those had fallen incomplete I don't know that the game would have been any closer. Maybe 29-14? Yes, that is closer

The Georgia State game really worries me. They are probably the worst team in America. It HAS to be a blowout or we really will drop in the polls.

With four spots in the playoffs, we don't need a blowout. We simply need a win. I fully expect OU to jump us in the polls, as they should, because at this point of the season teams are still being felt out.

Win win win.

I don't understand what the problem is? He's absolutely right. I mean, they literally had keychains made for last year's victory. They could have went 1-11 and been fine with it as long as they beat PSU. It was their Superbowl. This, however, was not our Superbowl. It was week 2 in a long journey of progressing and defending our title. Big game, yes. But, when you're on top they're all big games. All of them.

Franklin could have been intentionally trying to make Pitt furious. After all, If Pitt turns around and beats OkSt next week, that is the best possible outcome for PSU.

By that token, if not for Trace's int or Hamilton's drop in the 4th quarter then we would have won last year.

We are not playing that game with a 19 point victory. Turnovers are part of football. It's not like Browne just gave em away. Pressure caused them. Ball security is of utmost importance.

Last year, we were the young, green team. We staged a comeback from 21 down, but fell short. This year, you guys dinked and dusted your way to about 40:00 ToP and were never a threat to win. Once Barkley took the seam pass to the house, the game was effectively over.

That sounds like a bunch of excuses. You lost and your season is over.

By that token, if not for Trace's int or Hamilton's drop in the 4th quarter then we would have won last year.

We are not playing that game with a 19 point victory. Turnovers are part of football. It's not like Browne just gave em away. Pressure caused them. Ball security is of utmost importance.

Last year, we were the young, green team. We staged a comeback from 21 down, but fell short. This year, you guys dinked and dusted your way to about 40:00 ToP and were never a threat to win. Once Barkley took the seam pass to the house, the game was effectively over.
Pitt fans are throwing Browne under the bus and using him as the only reason they lost the game. Typical behavior from their 6 fans.

With the way their fans acted last year after the game I don't mind taking the low road. They are offended by what Franklin said well maybe they should lighted up on the Pedo State BS and we will try not to make fun of them when they lose every week the rest of the way out.

Pitt fans are throwing Browne under the bus and using him as the only reason they lost the game. Typical behavior from their 6 fans.
The best player in the nation is always the backup QB after a loss.

With the way their fans acted last year after the game I don't mind taking the low road. They are offended by what Franklin said well maybe they should lighted up on the Pedo State BS and we will try not to make fun of them when they lose every week the rest of the way out.
And now that they lost, the Pedo State comments are coming out even more.

I liked the quote. Gets his point across that this game is just as important as any other OOC game, and gets a jab in on an opposing coach and team that has been taking cheap shots at him since they got there. Seems to be a win/win to me.

Good point. They are all offended and in an uproar because Franklin said a win is a win and beating Pitt was like beating Akron. That has them in a fury over him being "classless" and uncalled for, blah blah blah.

This from the people who have no problem calling all Penn Staters pedos, pedo State, etc. That's apparently ok but saying beating Akron has the same standing a beating pitt is over the top and out of line. :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Just unreal. Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Just in....the Duzzi has ordered 5,000 "Pitt-PSU Game Participant" key chain charms. He expects them to be big with 2* recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT