ADVERTISEMENT

It's back!!! Cenzo vs Imar....

ok, here is one for the rule book. When you challenge and lose, don't you go back to the position where the challenge was? Meaning, after IMAR got the takedown in the 1st and Cenzo escaped... the challenge was lost so why doesn't the match restart with Cenzo down and the clock restarting at that point?
I like how it was actually executed but I'm asking anyone out there for some clarification in this spot. Maybe I'm mixing it up with Hall vs Jordan and how Hall would have been down had OSU won that challenge.

Reactions: dwkeller
ok, here is one for the rule book. When you challenge and lose, don't you go back to the position where the challenge was? Meaning, after IMAR got the takedown in the 1st and Cenzo escaped... the challenge was lost so why doesn't the match restart with Cenzo down and the clock restarting at that point?
I like how it was actually executed but I'm asking anyone out there for some clarification in this spot. Maybe I'm mixing it up with Hall vs Jordan and how Hall would have been down had OSU won that challenge.
you have it backwards. Successful challenge = start at the point of the challenged action.

4543138674_b909613ac7.jpg

I just downloaded the sh*t out of that video. Even if it gets yanked, I got a copy for future generations.

Shhh,,,i have it still on the DVR but I watched it here,,,,,, twice......being bad feels good. HOW DO YOU DO!!! never gets old

I also have it on dvr and have watched it countless times, but as El-Jefe said, its watching with Byers calling that makes it that much better.

Can't wait till the home opener so we can blow the roof off of Rec Hall when Cenzo gets introduced.

I was there but watching that replay still gives me chills every time! The Iron voiceover is priceless.

Reactions: dwkeller
you have it backwards. Successful challenge = start at the point of the challenged action.
This is one rule that I wish would be changed. There are too many times where the action is continuous and going back to the point of the challenge isn't necessarily fair.

What a wonderful moment for Cenzo! He did what literally no one besides himself and his team believed could be done. Five for Five still amazes me. What a performance.

A match we'll never, ever forget. The call by Byers adds so much emotion. Damn, that's cool.

What a wonderful moment for Cenzo! He did what literally no one besides himself and his team believed could be done. Five for Five still amazes me. What a performance.
I hope he enjoyed it. I just learned over on the Iowa board he will be watching the finals this year.

I hope he enjoyed it. I just learned over on the Iowa board he will be watching the finals this year.
As much as Cenzo improved last year during the course of the season, it's scary how good he can get. Wrestling world team members in the room every day certainly doesn't hurt. Having faith in most HR opinions right now is akin to having faith in being able to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3 champs got pretty good respect. Surprised at 0 respect for Cenzo and little respect for Bo.

I don't think the respect they get or don't get on HR will affect the outcome of a single match in the upcoming season. In fact, I'm CERTAIN of that.

PSU gets plenty of respect.

It's nice to watch that match again and just see how well Cenzo wrestled. 3 TDs to 1 for Cenzo, over a 1 minute riding time, stalked and controlled the mat. Very impressive match for him. There really isn't anyone else in college wrestling besides Nolf that has shown an ability to do that against Imar. Not to say he's better, but he was better in that match, no fluke. And anyone who thinks that he's not capable of repeating that performance, is really just hoping and hating.
Time goes on and you get farther from the match and its easy to say maybe thats just a fluke and look at the losses Cenzo took on the year if you are an opposing fan base. But its nice to know they are not watching that match anytime soon. It's scary.
Great respect for Imar. Massa as well. One of the 3 is going to be in the finals. The other finalist will be the winner of the two on the other side. I'm pretty confident in that barring injury.

As far as Bo, love him and he is just such a favorite because he is nails and so clutch. But Zahid is rightly there with him as a talent. So I can see other fanbases picking Zahid, because I think it is razor close. So we'll pick Bo and they will pick Zahid. BTW, Downey's dad has said he will be going 184 which would absolutely make my day except in all likelihood we will never see a Bo-PDIII matchup - just going by past history, my over/under for him if he stays out of trouble and makes it to Iowa in January is 2.5 dates before McRib or philosophical differences with staff put him on the sideline. tOSU is the over, OSU the under. If he defies all odds and makes it past 2.5, little chance something does not crop up for the PSU match, but he will have no shot at avoiding the beatdown at B1Gs. But, hey, he got a TD on Nickal!!!! LOL. Bo and Zahid for the title, nobody else close.

Reactions: slushhead
PSU gets plenty of respect.

It's nice to watch that match again and just see how well Cenzo wrestled. 3 TDs to 1 for Cenzo, over a 1 minute riding time, stalked and controlled the mat. Very impressive match for him. There really isn't anyone else in college wrestling besides Nolf that has shown an ability to do that against Imar. Not to say he's better, but he was better in that match, no fluke. And anyone who thinks that he's not capable of repeating that performance, is really just hoping and hating.
Time goes on and you get farther from the match and its easy to say maybe thats just a fluke and look at the losses Cenzo took on the year if you are an opposing fan base. But its nice to know they are not watching that match anytime soon. It's scary.
Great respect for Imar. Massa as well. One of the 3 is going to be in the finals. The other finalist will be the winner of the two on the other side. I'm pretty confident in that barring injury.

As far as Bo, love him and he is just such a favorite because he is nails and so clutch. But Zahid is rightly there with him as a talent. So I can see other fanbases picking Zahid, because I think it is razor close. So we'll pick Bo and they will pick Zahid. BTW, Downey's dad has said he will be going 184 which would absolutely make my day except in all likelihood we will never see a Bo-PDIII matchup - just going by past history, my over/under for him if he stays out of trouble and makes it to Iowa in January is 2.5 dates before McRib or philosophical differences with staff put him on the sideline. tOSU is the over, OSU the under. If he defies all odds and makes it past 2.5, little chance something does not crop up for the PSU match, but he will have no shot at avoiding the beatdown at B1Gs. But, hey, he got a TD on Nickal!!!! LOL. Bo and Zahid for the title, nobody else close.
Regarding Bo, I'm going with the guy that is rolling with Cael, Casey, Varner, Hall, Taylor, etc.

3 champs got pretty good respect. Surprised at 0 respect for Cenzo and little respect for Bo.
It's a rival fan base. And except for one of our own showing their true colors, the NCAA Predictions thread wasn't a bad read. As far as specifics, Cenzo would be my pick too for the least likely of our 5 to repeat...though I wouldn't bet against him. Just trying to understand the angst.

If he defies all odds and makes it past 2.5, little chance something does not crop up for the PSU match, but he will have no shot at avoiding the beatdown at B1Gs. But, hey, he got a TD on Nickal!!!! LOL. Bo and Zahid for the title, nobody else close.
Sure there's a chance Downey could avoid the beatdown at B10s. He could draw Martin in the semis.

Reactions: Dogwelder
It's a rival fan base. And except for one of our own showing their true colors, the NCAA Predictions thread wasn't a bad read. As far as specifics, Cenzo would be my pick too for the least likely of our 5 to repeat...though I wouldn't bet against him. Just trying to understand the angst.

Agreed, and I'm sure like you, nothing against Cenzo at all. He is just up against a super tough 2 time champ who beat Nolf. There can be no disrespect when Imar is involved.

Don't have to say any more really, but you also have Massa who is a beast. On a given day I could see any of them winning it, though I think it will come down to Imar and Cenzo.

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most this year is Imar vs Cenzo because Imar has always adjusted, and is one of the all time greats. Can he do it again, or will it be Cenzo who continues and does it again? Then throw in Massa and it will be fireworks. Going to be really fun year on all fronts.

Cenzo was relatively "unloved" most of last season -- seems most couldn't see past the loss to Subjeck, and so they naturally see the title run as a fluke. Especially with the double-overs insanity that weekend -- reminds me of an old HS teammate we always hated on because he so frequently "pulled wins out of his ass" (our description) with 5-pt head-and-arm throws when down late. But eventually, he did it for long enough that it demanded respect, because even though everyone knew it was coming, they just couldn't defend it.

Here's to hoping Cenzo proves 'em all wrong again in March 2018.

Reactions: Gebmo and tikk10
Don't forget that Cenzo has four NCAA champions to go against that are close enough to his weight to give him some realistic practice competition. And one of them is also a Jr World champion. In fact, I've been told that the most intense match up in the practice room is Cenzo vs Hall. I don't think the Cenzo you'll see this year will be anything like last year.

Reactions: Gebmo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT