ADVERTISEMENT

it would no longer allow random alumni to bring cannons to home football games

When I was a kid, I played for the Yorktown Generals soccer team. One of the parents had this small cannon that they would bring to games. Whenever we scored a goal, the dad would shoot it off down near the corner of the field. I'm fairly certain he didn't have any projectile ammo in it, but I'm absolutely certain that it was beyond obnoxious to the opposing team. My mother was not a fan of loud noises, so she shuddered each time we hit the back of the net, knowing that Captain Cannon Blast was about to light the fuse.

Isn't the legend that Joe barred the WVU Mountaineer from bring his gun to Beaver Stadium?

When I was a kid, I played for the Yorktown Generals soccer team. One of the parents had this small cannon that they would bring to games. Whenever we scored a goal, the dad would shoot it off down near the corner of the field. I'm fairly certain he didn't have any projectile ammo in it, but I'm absolutely certain that it was beyond obnoxious to the opposing team. My mother was not a fan of loud noises, so she shuddered each time we hit the back of the net, knowing that Captain Cannon Blast was about to light the fuse.
my dad had a carbide cannon when I was a kid....he loved loud booms and I absolutely hated them lol

my dad had a carbide cannon when I was a kid....he loved loud booms and I absolutely hated them lol
Story about carbide cannon. "Slow" kid is a senior in high school and wanted to be in the class play. Everyone loves this kid but he can't remember his lines so they make a spot for him. At a point in the play, cannons go off and they give him one line. When the cannons go off he is to say "Hark, the cannons roar!" He practices his lines every day. He walks between classes saying "Hark, the cannons roar!" For the play they will use two carbide cannons, but because they are so loud, in play practice someone just says "Boom! Boom" and the slow kid repeats his line..."Hark, the cannons roar!". During practice he does it perfectly. He hears "Boom! Boom" and delivers his line. Finally the play opens and this time carbide cannons are used. BOOM! BOOM! And he yells "What the f**k was that?":)

If you have five grand a guy in Ohio has a remote control King Tiger tank that fires 12 gauge 00 buck rounds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT