ADVERTISEMENT

It will be official tomorrow.

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
Per Dan Patrick ESPN, three B1G presidents have privately confirmed. It's the B1G and Pac-12 "leading" the way. Nebraska and Iowa only ones voting no.

Last edited:
buckeyes.jpg

I know we all love Penn State and support the players, but after this everyone better reconsider giving a dime to the stooges that run these universities, including ours.
A lot of these decision makers could careless if a game was ever played again. None of them will be forced to come out of hiding to explain themselves and definitely wouldn’t get a tough question from any media member anyways

A lot of these decision makers could careless if a game was ever played again. None of them will be forced to come out of hiding to explain themselves and definitely wouldn’t get a tough question from any media member anyways
Yeah I'm sure they are all relishing the 10s of millions of dollars they will miss out on. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BBrown
I feel much "safer" now.

That damn college football is bad for your health.
I'd be willing to bet more kids will be detrimentally affected by knee, back and neck injuries in a year than they would have via COVID 19. I guess they are worried about the PR/liability. My recommendation is for them to move the season back to start on November 7th and they'd be fine. They can get 8 good games in.

Listening to some things and reading everyone's posts this morning.....are the University Presidents holding out because they don't want to get sued down the line? Can't that happen with just a regular student?

Reactions: bison13
Listening to some things and reading everyone's posts this morning.....are the University Presidents holding out because they don't want to get sued down the line? Can't that happen with just a regular student?

I'd speculate that they are discussing with the TV networks what options might exist.

Another issue the Presidents are probably dealing with is travel bans and quarantines.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
Per Dan Patrick ESPN, three B1G presidents have privately confirmed. It's the B1G and Pac-12 "leading" the way. Nebraska and Iowa only ones voting no.

I agree but it will be very interesting if the SEC and either the Big Twelve or ACC decide to play.
Do Big Ten kids transfer south to play football and how could the NCAA not make them immediately eligible if they are even in this process? This decision right or wrong could damage the Big Ten for years in recruiting if all conferences don't follow........

I agree but it will be very interesting if the SEC and either the Big Twelve or ACC decide to play.
Do Big Ten kids transfer south to play football and how could the NCAA not make them immediately eligible if they are even in this process? This decision right or wrong could damage the Big Ten for years in recruiting if all conferences don't follow........
Absolutely. Why play in a conference that shut it down. Once they do it once, it will be easy to shut it down in the future

Reactions: Lyons212 and psualt
Pitt waiting with bated breath for all college to be canceled so they can announce they will be the only team playing, so they can secure their 47th legitimate national championship.

There all going to cancel..

Easy, the NCAA could say they have to sit out a year....fixed.

I know we all love Penn State and support the players, but after this everyone better reconsider giving a dime to the stooges that run these universities, including ours.

I was already there with the naming of the George Floyd Scholarship. What happened to him was wrong, but to name a scholarship after a career criminal with no ties to the University is equally wrong.

I was already there with the naming of the George Floyd Scholarship. What happened to him was wrong, but to name a scholarship after a career criminal with no ties to the University is equally wrong.

Equally wrong? There’s a hot take

In a few years we will look back and realize that this was the end of college football as we knew it. Moving forward over the next 12 months I would expect a massive push to "unionize" CFB players into some type of collective bargaining force which will eventually lead us to a pay structure of some type making CFB a semi professional sport. This will in turn marginalize the scholarship aspect of the sport. But rest assured, the CFB landscape that we all knew is coming to an end.

Reactions: NC2017
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-state/3332277001/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
See you later, college football.

The Big Ten has voted to cancel the 2020 college football season in a historic move that stems from concerns related to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, multiple people with knowledge of the decision confirmed to the Free Press.

The sources requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the decision. A formal announcement is expected to Tuesday, the sources said.

The presidents voted, 12-2, Sunday to end the fall sports in the conference. Michigan and Michigan State — which both has physicians as presidents — voted to end the season, sources said. Only Nebraska and Iowa voted to play, Dan Patrick said on his radio show Monday. ....

In a few years we will look back and realize that this was the end of college football as we knew it. Moving forward over the next 12 months I would expect a massive push to "unionize" CFB players into some type of collective bargaining force which will eventually lead us to a pay structure of some type making CFB a semi professional sport. This will in turn marginalize the scholarship aspect of the sport. But rest assured, the CFB landscape that we all knew is coming to an end.
That started a few years back....not this year.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
If the Big 12, ACC, and SEC all vote to play......does the Portal blow up?

Seriously, If I am a PSU Sr. or rising 3rd year guy (Oweh), I am thinking about jumping somewhere to play because a spring season for Division I-WILL NOT WORK!!

If the Big 12, ACC, and SEC all vote to play......does the Portal blow up?

Seriously, If I am a PSU Sr. or rising 3rd year guy (Oweh), I am thinking about jumping somewhere to play because a spring season for Division I-WILL NOT WORK!!
LULZ

Absolutely. If you are in your last year of eligibility (Menet, Fries, Toney, Tariq C-F) what are your options??? Stick around Penn State and take some virtual on-line course-work and NOT play football. Or transfer to an SEC school and play your final season.

For that matter, I'd also include the guys who are not in their final season of eligibility, but most likely would have been gone after this season to go NFL: Journey Brown, Friermuth.....

Absolutely. If you are in your last year of eligibility (Menet, Fries, Toney, Tariq C-F) what are your options??? Stick around Penn State and take some virtual on-line course-work and NOT play football. Or transfer to an SEC school and play your final season.

For that matter, I'd also include the guys who are not in their final season of eligibility, but most likely would have been gone after this season to go NFL: Journey Brown, Friermuth.....
I can’t imagine there’s that much room on these other rosters.

Reactions: lions1995

Why in the f*ck would you go into the ocean, on a surfboard, & look like a floating seal to a shark

I can’t imagine there’s that much room on these other rosters.

Maybe Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Miss State will all of a sudden become powerhouses. I agree. Take our team. Outside of probably Menet & Friermuth, we probably do not have many guys who crack the 2-deep on an Alabama or LSU roster. But I'd bet Vandy or Arkansas would sure love guys like Journey Brown, Will Fries, Shaka Toney, Lamont Wade, Castro-Fields

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT