ADVERTISEMENT

Is tomorrow the day when PSU jumps over oh-high-ya in the polls??

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
A big game by Allar and the offense to roll up a score combined with a lethargic game by oh-high-ya against a nobody might do it.

The way Klatt seems to like Allar he may do his share during the broadcast to pump up PSU if Allar has a big day and PSU can dominate Illinois.

Not likely, but possible.

Last edited:
A big game by Allar and the offense to roll up a score combined with a lethargic game by oh-high-ya against a nobody might do it.

The way Klatt seems to like Allar he may do his share to pump up PSU if Allar has a big day.
No. in 2023, an undefeated OSU will always be ranked above an undefeated PSU

If you really think PSU beating Illinois would warrant jumping anyone in the polls if those in front of them didn't lose then you are very naive!

If you really think PSU beating Illinois would warrant jumping anyone in the polls if those in front of them didn't lose then you are very naive!
I obviously didn't say I expected it to happen. But yes it is possible. OSU has not performed like a top 6 team to date and if they keep underperforming against low level teams they could fall in the polls as teams close behind rack up impressive wins. Just like Texas did.

My point was beating Illinois would not be an impressive win. And no one will lose ahead of OSU to move votes around. Texas Jumped 7 spots after beating Bama. Top 7 teams are all favored by 2 TDs or more this week. No one is moving baring an upset. Unless OSU wins by 60, they could get the 5 points needed to jump USC but not likely.

Yes because wins over Western KY, Bowling Green and Wyoming are much more impressive.

I obviously didn't say I expected it to happen. But yes it is possible. OSU has not performed like a top 6 team to date and if they keep underperforming against low level teams they could fall in the polls as teams close behind rack up impressive wins. Just like Texas did.
I don’t want PSU to jump OSU in the polls unless we beat them. Unfortunately I see them losing at ND next week and spoiling a showdown of unbeaten teams in Columbus. As much as I hate OSU, I’ll be rooting for them to beat ND and stay unblemished for our matchup. I think we have a good shot of going into Columbus and winning this year and a loss by OSU prior to that would somewhat diminish our win if we can pull it out.

Clearly you missed the point.
I get it and I know PSU isn’t jumping anyone, but it has nothing to do with who they’re playing and more to do with the perception of the teams above us.

I get it and I know PSU isn’t jumping anyone, but it has nothing to do with who they’re playing and more to do with the perception of the teams above us.
Not true, if they played Washington and blew them out they would jump someone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT