ADVERTISEMENT

Is Teske going to redshirt ?

I noticed that Teske made the trip and was manning the video camera from the bench. With what appears to be a somewhat serious
injury suffered by RBY, I think that Brody will take his place. 133 appears to be heavily stocked with talent like Jack Davis, Brandon
Meredith and others......
I hope I am wrong about the severity of the injury that RBY suffered,and best of luck to him. He is definitely one of the most
enjoyable PS'ers to watch....................

I noticed that Teske made the trip and was manning the video camera from the bench. With what appears to be a somewhat serious
injury suffered by RBY, I think that Brody will take his place. 133 appears to be heavily stocked with talent like Jack Davis, Brandon
Meredith and others......
I hope I am wrong about the severity of the injury that RBY suffered,and best of luck to him. He is definitely one of the most
enjoyable PS'ers to watch....................

It is more likely that Penn State will forfeit 133 than that Cael will pull an undersized 125 pounder's red shirt for a dual that is in the bag.

There is a zero% chance that Teske will wrestle 133. He is not quite ready to contribute significant points at 125. He needs to grow stronger and increase his bottom wrestling skills over the next year and be at an AA level next season. The young man is a hard worker and will get there eventually, but he has a ways to go. Cael recruited him knowing there were improvements needed in his game, and saw him as the type of young man who would be receptive to coaching and living the lifestyle. Cael wasn't wrong.

yes. even if Schnupp would fall to injury they would just get another back up 125 and bring him in. The NC points are the same. No offense to Teske but if we need .5 or 1pt that he MIGHT be able to get this year we got other major issues to contend with.

I know some on the interwebs saw Teske last night on the bench (now want him to get pulled) but that is not about him wrestling this year. As much as it is about team chemistry, rewarding him for hard work in the room and getting him used to the process for next year.

We need him to HIT THE WEIGHTS HARD this offseason. We need to him to beat NICO IN THE ROOM this offseason. We need him to develop LASER FOCUS this offseason.

For Brody its all about the next 4 years.

If RBY is seriously hurt Teske goes to 125 which makes that weight probably better and they slide Schnupp or someone else to man 133 with the thought they give up less than 6 from a forfiet or a fall.
One point could be the difference in Michigan and Ohio State matches.

Reactions: JimNazium
There is a zero% chance that Teske will wrestle 133. He is not quite ready to contribute significant points at 125. He needs to grow stronger and increase his bottom wrestling skills over the next year and be at an AA level next season. The young man is a hard worker and will get there eventually, but he has a ways to go. Cael recruited him knowing there were improvements needed in his game, and saw him as the type of young man who would be receptive to coaching and living the lifestyle. Cael wasn't wrong.
I've said this before, but it's rather unlikely that Teske will be at an AA level in 2019-2020, as a RS freshman. As noted, he has a long way to go; IMO, he looks to be at least 2-3 years away from being a legit AA contender.

And, yeah, Teske's RS will not be removed this season.

Reactions: nitlion6
no way teske's shirt gets pulled at this point. if RBY is seriously injured, one of the other 133's will come in later and we'll see a forfeit for indiana.

it could be argued that we'll lose the ohio state dual without RBY unless teske beats heinselman, but that's not enough of an agrument for cael to pull the shirt.

no way teske's shirt gets pulled at this point. if RBY is seriously injured, one of the other 133's will come in later and we'll see a forfeit for indiana.

it could be argued that we'll lose the ohio state dual without RBY unless teske beats heinselman, but that's not enough of an agrument for cael to pull the shirt.
yep. won't remove the shirt to save a dual streak, or win the bts. real prize is in march in pittsburgh.

Reactions: Lyons212
Cael will sacrifice a dual or two for Teske's shirt without doubt. He is clearly not ready and it would gain little to nothing to burn it now.

I think Heinselman can handle Teske right now as well. I doubt RBY is out for long but we may just give up on winning both Mich and tOSU, to let RBY heal. I think we win Mich without him but probably not tOSU.

The Teasdale debacle was almost perfectly timed. I knew the story there was much deeper than just the cut when we didn't see him at opens wrestling 133. It's bringing back memories of Suriano.

If we see a shirt burned I would expect Jack Davis at 133 to compliment Schnupp

Teske would be quite unlikely to beat Heinselman at this juncture, IMO.

Didn't we get a report of RBY walking around afterward under his own power?

Didn't Yianni win nationals with a torn ACL?

Maybe we should wait a little while before sticking a fork in RBY.
So, using the logic often found on internet message boards, you're saying that if RBY has a torn ACL, he has a great chance to be the NCAA champ? :eek::oops:

There is zero chance Monthley would have let him go back out after injury time with a potential ACL tear. So unless he "tore" his ACL in the 3rd period, it likely is more of a strain/sprain of whatever magnitude. Without knowing RBY 's pain tolerance it is hard to say. He will just be back when he is back. We don't need him to win either against Michigan or tOSU (although tOSU will be tighter), but even that is a secondary consideration to March. I don't see anyone's shirt being burned.

Reactions: diggerpup
Maybe we should wait a little while before sticking a fork in RBY.

I'm with you on that El Jefe. But for the impatient types, such as myself, the slow pace of information getting out can be excruciating :(

Not complaining, just admitting patience is not something I excel in.

I hope RBY’s injury is nothing serious and he is good to go in the post season. I would like to add, though, that I think PSU is still a comfortable favorite in March without any points from either 125 or 133 (the big 4 will put up nearly 100 points up themselves, the other 4 should easily put up 40+). No redshirts need to be pulled. Just my two cents.

[QUOTE="GogglesPaizano, post: 3966991, member: 88109”]
... If we see a shirt burned I would expect Jack Davis at 133 to compliment Schnupp[/QUOTE]
Me too. I expect Davis to say, “Schnuppy, you are the Man!” :)

100% yes. Also, I’m not quite so quick to write him off of AA in 2020. While it’s fun to project on a kids trajectory, we have no idea. I do know that Brody is pretty good right now and Cael usually has our boys on a constant upward trajectory.

I hope RBY’s injury is nothing serious and he is good to go in the post season. I would like to add, though, that I think PSU is still a comfortable favorite in March without any points from either 125 or 133 (the big 4 will put up nearly 100 points up themselves, the other 4 should easily put up 40+). No redshirts need to be pulled. Just my two cents.
I agree with RBY injury, I cant see the Cael allowed him to finish the match if this was a serious injury, with that said I do not expect RBY to take the mat today against Indiana--better safe then sorry. as for March-I do believe that some points a 133 is needed. I dont think we will end up with as many points at 149 as predicted at the beginning of the season. IMHO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT