ADVERTISEMENT

Is it possible to like the 2017 PSU football team and Joe Paterno?

Is it possible to like the 2017 PSU football team and Joe Paterno?

• Yes

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
Is it possible?

Well, thanks for asking, Bob.

I sure do! I even liked the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 teams, too! And the pre-1966 teams, too. And I will like the 2018 team!

AND.... I always have, and always will admire and respect JVP, and want the wrongs against him to be righted.

I also liked the old Baltimore Colts and now like the Pittsburgh Steelers, too. Color me a confused and mixed up human being!

Doesn't seem that way, looking at the refusal of both sides to talk about the 2017 football team, anyway.:(

Yes it is. It's actually very easy. The issue people seem to have is knowing when and where to support each one.

According to a lot of jag offs on these threads, the answer is No. Joe is to be forgotten about. Any mention of him and you give PSU a bad name. You must never honor the past, only the present. Oh yeah, almost forgot, you are also an embarrassment to PSU and a Joebot. Please move on

I read this crap from posters who say this and I shake my head in disbelief. F'n morons.

Last edited:
Do I post anything serious? :)

coffee-lids.jpg

51fvUE0V3vL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Yes, of course it's possible.

NEXT QUESTION:

Is it possible for 9fold to go 7 days without making any posts that allude to Joe Paterno?

I say no.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
According to a lot of jag offs on these threads, the answer is No. Joe is to be forgotten about. Any mention of him and you give PSU a bad name. You must never honor the past, only the present. Oh yeah, almost forgot, you are also an embarrassment to PSU and a Joebot. Please move on

I read this crap from posters who say this and I shake my head in disbelief. F'n morons.
Nobody said Joe should be forgotten about. The problem is when the JoeBots think the most important thing is somehow clearing his name, and continuing to embarrass the university, rather than accepting the fact that it’s over. People are tired of the minority who still think clearing his name is a priority. How many times have we waited for the bombshell that would clear him? It never came. The best argument JoeBots have is that he reported it.

Regardless, he’s dead. It’s time to move on.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Joe would love the kids on this team! And I bet nobody would be prouder of the job CJF and the current staff are doing.
I agree he probably would like the kids on this team.

But he’d probably have some strong words for Trace’s punting technique. Fundamentals were way off.

Nobody said Joe should be forgotten about. The problem is when the JoeBots think the most important thing is somehow clearing his name, and continuing to embarrass the university, rather than accepting the fact that it’s over. People are tired of the minority who still think clearing his name is a priority. How many times have we waited for the bombshell that would clear him? It never came. The best argument JoeBots have is that he reported it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The markings of a "true" hater. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You people. Anyone who claims to like both is completely full of crap.

YOU. MUST. CHOOSE. ONE. OR. THE. OTHER. :eek:

Anyone who has more than one child can attest, that you can only love one.

So you don't care about he opinion of a (supposed) minority? What other minorities are you tired of?

For the record, Joe has already been cleared, we simply remind trolls like you of it when the opportunity arises. This fundamental misunderstanding of Joe's minor role in the Second Mile scandal is how we know you are a troll. You are the true Joebot, who think the most important thing is besmirching his name. How many times have you waited for that bombshell that would implicate him? It never came. Let it go, it's time to move on. If you truly want us to stop, then the first step is YOU need to move on and never post on the subject again. Since nobody values your input on this board, you should probably stop posting all together.

You people. Anyone who claims to like both is completely full of crap.

YOU. MUST. CHOOSE. ONE. OR. THE. OTHER. :eek:

Up on Housing Project Hill
It's either fortune or fame
You must pick up one or the other
Though neither of them are to be what they claim

Your post lost all credibility when you used the term JoeBots.

Is it possible?

If you're a diehard fan, you support your team EVERY year regardless of the product on the field, spoken as a lifelong Mets/Jets fan. You retain the right to criticize them when they are bad but you stand behind them at all times.

I clicked, "yes", but I still feel strongly that those who choose ESPN college game day to "fight the power" have misplaced their energy and resources. It will be used against the university and that is not what Joe would want. Look into your heart young padawans -- you know it to be true.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Yes it is. It's actually very easy. The issue people seem to have is knowing when and where to support each one.

^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^

Lazy/ignorant/less capable people can't understand that everything isn't a binary choice. For instance, if you say that Colin Capernick's protest is Bullsh*t, the less intelligent among us simply assume that you are FOR police brutality, as if it's the only choice....never considering that perhaps there is no evidence of an epidemic of racially motivated police brutality. Perhaps you agree with him, but think an NFL stadium is not the venue. Nope, if you don't like CK's actions, you are a racist and FOR police brutality. Smart!

If you think same sex marriage laws are misguided, you are a homophobe and bigot...never considering that the government has no business being in the marriage business (A religious construct that govt created to prevent "unsavory" unions, and now bestows certain privileges to) and the answer is not to double down on bad law, but to get govt out of the marriage business, stop bestowing benefits to marriage for social engineering purposes, and grant EVERYONE the liberty to be with who they want. Nope, your a bigot.

If you come onto a Penn State Football message board after watching 5 games and express concerns that the OL is not playing well and you think the team will struggle against Top 25 opponents with a solid DL, you are a Joebot who can't get over things, you hate Franklin, and Penn State.

People struggle with basic reasoning skills. It's epidemic across the country and it's what allows the Democratic party to create false social hysteria on a weekly basis by stirring up a straw man argument for some new "right" that hasn't existed for the first 241 years of the Republic, but now is an essential idea that MUST be codified in law RIGHT NOW!

I clicked, "yes", but I still feel strongly that those who choose ESPN college game day to "fight the power" have misplaced their energy and resources. It will be used against the university and that is not what Joe would want. Look into your heart young padawans -- you know it to be true.

yeah I think that we are overplaying our hand every week, when our football opponents litter social media with the "Joe Knew" bullsh*t

Importance of fighting to clear Joe's name and the program's reputation > the importance of the 2017 football team winning games. To me, at least. I guess I have no football culture problem.

Last edited:
You = Joebot.

Get a life.

It's cute in some weird twisted way. He really thinks the world is going to hold some Joe apology day once Jerry is shown to be innocent. There is no winning in this and if you're not fine with Joe by now...you never will be. I'll take the W this weekend...so would Joe. He was secure as they came in his own skin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT