ADVERTISEMENT

Is BWI gone?

I have been on the McAndrew board since the early plotit days. More than 25 years. Can’t believe it’s ending, but all good things do come to an end. Still have the same handle that I had since the beginning.

Not going to pay for the new board, which is the continuation of the Lions Den, but nothing with the McAndrew name. I will probably migrate over to TOS, but that is a mere shadow of what it used to be.

I came to this site because I was sick of paying that on the other site. This blows.
Hell, I can’t even post on the other site. (Just noticed it a few months ago. No reason why). All I get is a “your reply is pending approval” message that never comes and can’t get a hold of any mod over there to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Connorpozlee
So what is everyone going to do pay the $1 for at least one more year or not?🤔
I'm not sure yet.🤷‍♂️
I really like the new additions of T-Frank, Gregg and Dave. Ryan and Nate have been super but and I mean this with all due respect (no, I really do) there is very, very little insider info given out anymore. Franklin just doesn't allow it. That is the one thing that has been missing and at least for me that was the reason I joined the Den many moons ago. I would have continued on with the Den simply because it limited some of the idiotic political takes and trolling from other boards. I may try out the new board just to see where it goes for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
Can anyone say what happened to SB Nation? I used to frequent Black Shoe Diaries but then started coming here. One reason was the content and general attitude here matched me better than that place, which was more corporate and happy and lets forget about the horrors of 2011, yada yada.

But also, the site went to complete crap technically. I can never log in, it takes an eternity to load the comments; it's just total trash for the last few years.

Anyone have similar experience? I can't fathom why it works so poorly on my laptop and phone. Do I need a super gaming computer for it to work?

Guess it isn't a coincidence that a bunch of free content is being shared on the recruiting threads. I was thinking that those that pay for the Den couldn't be happy about it but now it all makes sense.
I noticed that too and wondered what was going on and yes I wasn't "happy about it". But I was also willing to pay to keep peoples, mine included, idiotic political takes off the board.

I asked Tom (replied in a thread he was actively posting at the time) to address this subject with the board. My post got deleted...strange.

spanish-monty-python.gif

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I asked Tom (replied in a thread he was actively posting at the time) to address this subject with the board. My post got deleted...strange.
Thats kind of bush league. Frankly I find this whole thing to be bush league in that I had to hear about it through rumor and not from anyone in charge, especially in the Den. :mad:
I'm sure he'll get around to telling us later...sort of like he did with all the crap that went down in '11.:rolleyes:

RLR has a free board already in place. Just needs more activity to be a regular place for me to go.

This looks ok. They have a forum called "Anything Else" that would seem to cover this board. It'll take me a bit of time to get oriented but may do.

I wonder if they want this traffic?

Edit: If found this at RLR so I'm not sure this is the site...

"Roar Lions Roar is about the present and the future, not the past. This is supposed to be fun. Please wage your battles elsewhere."

This looks ok. They have a forum called "Anything Else" that would seem to cover this board. It'll take me a bit of time to get oriented but may do.

I wonder if they want this traffic?

Edit: If found this at RLR so I'm not sure this is the site...

"Roar Lions Roar is about the present and the future, not the past. This is supposed to be fun. Please wage your battles elsewhere."
"Anything Else" forum says no politics(great), religion or social issues allowed. Question', Is a Midnighter poll considered a social issue???

I like how they assume the ‘biggest message board community’ (that’s us) will automatically follow to the new site. I don’t love 247 but they have a free option and lots of OT threads. Guess we’ll see.
Is 247 a good free landing spot? Maybe we should all agree to head over there. I can’t lose your movie/TV opinions!

You mean you just can’t post on other team’s Boards until after the November 1st launch date? Hopefully they’ll let you post on other team’s Boards after that.
Nope. You would have to join the other teams fan site. Bammer and AU were the 1st launched in August.

RLR has a free board already in place. Just needs more activity to be a regular place for me to go.

Almost no one posts over there. If the community was active, I'd give it a go, but the sense I get is that they heavily censor posting.

BSD has a pretty large posting community, although it is obviously a different structure (i.e. most of interaction is commenting on articles, but threads can get to 1000 comments).

I'd consider moving to another (independent?) platform. Someone suggested reddit...is that a possibility?

Reactions: Sharkies
Shannon Terry started this (On 3) in August. He knows what he is doing, sold Rivals and 247 for over 100 milly IIRC. It’s a good site.

Is 247 a good free landing spot? Maybe we should all agree to head over there. I can’t lose your movie/TV opinions!
247 is your best bet. They have a totally free board and the Lions Pride board is also free but users can put stuff under VIP so you won't be able to read some posts in a thread.

I don't care about losing my username, I'll get another one, but to lose the community like this? Ain't no way in hell we're even gonna get half the people to switch over to a paysite... True customer service would have had @Tom McAndrew post here first - hey, listen up, this is what's happening... yet nothing? The deal is already announced... give us more than this thread discussing the changes.

I don't care about losing my username, I'll get another one, but to lose the community like this? Ain't no way in hell we're even gonna get half the people to switch over to a paysite... True customer service would have had [B]@Tom McAndrew post here first - hey, listen up, this is what's happening... yet nothing? The deal is already announced... give us more than this thread discussing the changes.[/B]
+100 @Tom McAndrew ...

I don't care about losing my username, I'll get another one, but to lose the community like this? Ain't no way in hell we're even gonna get half the people to switch over to a paysite... True customer service would have had @Tom McAndrew post here first - hey, listen up, this is what's happening... yet nothing? The deal is already announced... give us more than this thread discussing the changes.
I am sure all the BWI staff and Tom are tied up with NDA's.

Update: Just made an account on 247/Sports and tried to post a "McAndrew BWI Board roll-call" post on the Audibles board... my post is "pending approval". I presume I have to be approved to not be a bot, and won't have that issue again... strike 1 for those guys... but maybe if enough of us switch there, we won't lose this community.

Almost no one posts over there. If the community was active, I'd give it a go, but the sense I get is that they heavily censor posting.
They don’t censor much. And the rules aren’t any more strict than here. I just think not enough people have known about that forum to get it over the hump.

Reactions: Sharkies
Thats kind of bush league. Frankly I find this whole thing to be bush league in that I had to hear about it through rumor and not from anyone in charge, especially in the Den. :mad:
I'm sure he'll get around to telling us later...sort of like he did with all the crap that went down in '11.:rolleyes:
This whole thing is confusing. When Phil announced he sold Blue White, he said that it was great that all of his people were staying and that he was going to still try to have a weekly chat during the football season. I understand Corman might want to move the website but why the potential name change (does Rivals own BWI website name) and making members subscribe to the new board. THIS IS THE ISSUE THIS WEBSITE MUST ADDRESS. When Fight On State merged with Lions247, their account was just moved to Lions 247. They did not have to pay if they had an active subscription. We found out about Blue White being sold by a board member either receiving his Blue White in the mail or bought one at his grocery store days before I received it in the mail. I thought BWI should have let this site know before the magazine was mailed out or hit the stands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT