ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa prep before a Midlands match...

Makes sense... in an Iowa kind of way.

2018_19_team.jpg

Looks like no one is HAPPY to get slapped around except for Spencer Lee... What a coincidence.
I Commented last season on this with last years photo, I do get the stoic thing for wrestlers but damn...the entire team? Ironically the only true smile is from by far the best wrestler....more smiles may help these guys:):) but remember F** is a bad word over there now.

Reactions: danoftw
Then this garbage... Tom Brands telling the referee... "You suck." Tom... Alex Marinelli was called for stalling... because that what he was doing and that's what his pedigree is.

Last edited:
Just when you thought it couldn't get weirder...

Wrestling Parent: "Hey Siri, who is that great college wrestling coach who publicly slaps his wrestlers before a match and yells at refs that they 'suck' during tournaments?"

Siri: "I found no results for a great college wrestling coach meeting that description. Would you like to see results for Woody Hayes or Bobby Knight?"

Wrestling Parent: "Hey Siri, who is that great college wrestling coach who publicly slaps his wrestlers before a match and yells at refs that they 'suck' during tournaments?"

Siri: "I found no results for a great college wrestling coach meeting that description. Would you like to see results for Woody Hayes or Bobby Knight?"

I nearly spit my drink out of my nose on that one, bravo!

Makes sense... in an Iowa kind of way.

2018_19_team.jpg

Looks like no one is HAPPY to get slapped around except for Spencer Lee... What a coincidence.
Spencer is the only one showing teeth, but there are a few smiles there.
First row, third from the left is probably the most wholesome looking wrestler I have ever seen.
Second to last row, second from the left is definitely farting during the shot.

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been started here when Terry scratched his ass or when Tom picked his nose. Some of you have your binoculars out watching nothing but Tom and Terry. Have to keep that TMZ footage rolling back to BWI!

Iowa Prep for Midlands:

Step 1. Collar Tie and Push
Step 2: Repeat Step 1
I hear for their strength training, the Hawks use Prowlers with extra long poles and push them around. Nice simulation of grabbing something neck height and pushing. Great workout.

Reactions: PSU James
I'm surprised a thread hasn't been started here when Terry scratched his ass or when Tom picked his nose. Some of you have your binoculars out watching nothing but Tom and Terry. Have to keep that TMZ footage rolling back to BWI!
It's true, you have to be on your toes and do your research to find anything on these guys. I had to go to the deepest corners of the dark web to find out tom yelled YOU SUCK in a refs face and terry wanted to fight an opponents Dad in the parking lot.
When I'm laughing at them I think about this
a817afe6c6a00e5d3692decc20f75e97--wrestling-bags-olympic-wrestling.jpg

What's the disparity in look??? One looks like a frayed lunatic who would tell a referee in a public viewed sporting event that he clearly sucks when his athlete did exactly what he was held to and the other looks like a confident, highly successful, elite coach of a seven time National Champion collegiate wrestling team.

Last edited:
You mean this Tom Brands...

or this Tom Brands

Last edited:
What's the disparity in look??? One looks like a frayed lunatic who would tell a referee in a public viewed sporting events that he clearly sucks when his athlete did exactly what he was held to and the other looks like a confident, highly successful, elite coach of a seven time National Champion collegiate wrestling team.
isn't the one on the left a hs mugshot? oh never mind, no conviction

Then this garbage... Tom Brands telling the referee... "You suck." Tom... Alex Marinelli was called for stalling... because that what he was doing and that's what his pedigree is.

That’s really a disgrace. Crazy he is not asute enough to realize Marinelli was stalling and those calls were merited. Good news for PSU that he can’t understand what’s wrong and therefore cannot change it. Let’s hope TnT keeps taking the Lees, Warner’s and Marinellis backwards. They want credit for Lee being great, but he showed up in IA great. Anything less than greatness from Spencer is a result of TnT coaching

Reactions: psudotedu
That’s really a disgrace. Crazy he is not asute enough to realize Marinelli was stalling and those calls were merited. Good news for PSU that he can’t understand what’s wrong and therefore cannot change it. Let’s hope TnT keeps taking the Lees, Warner’s and Marinellis backwards. They want credit for Lee being great, but he showed up in IA great. Anything less than greatness from Spencer is a result of TnT coaching

Read through the twitter thread. These Iowa fans insist that Wick had a parallel ride going and trapped his leg, camped out, sat on his ankle -- and it was Wick who should have been called for stalling. Just complete fantasy.

The downward spiral continues.

Reactions: SJP80
Funny how you guys doing all the winning yet all you can do is talk about the Brands and the Hawks. I agree with one of Bulls stall call but not 3 of them...Also funny Wick had none yet he had no take downs and the Bull hit two nice double legs for tds..

Reactions: PrairieHawk24
Funny how you guys doing all the winning yet all you can do is talk about the Brands and the Hawks. I agree with one of Bulls stall call but not 3 of them...Also funny Wick had none yet he had no take downs and the Bull hit two nice double legs for tds..
If "no takedowns" is the standard for stalling then how many times should Spencer have been dinged?

Because we love the circus and side show that Iowa wrestling is... while Penn State continues to run laps around them on the mat... not to be confused with a circus arena.

Watched the Iowa vs Lehigh dual the other day and 3 of Iowa's wins came without getting a TD. Not exactly the kind of wrestling I enjoy watching and certainly not the style Gable taught.

Watched the Iowa vs Lehigh dual the other day and 3 of Iowa's wins came without getting a TD. Not exactly the kind of wrestling I enjoy watching and certainly not the style Gable taught.

I think you made that up or watched an entirely different meet. Iowa had 5 wins by bonus, all scoring multiple takedowns plus got wins from Young and Wilcke who also had takedowns.

I think you made that up or watched an entirely different meet. Iowa had 5 wins by bonus, all scoring multiple takedowns plus got wins from Young and Wilcke who also had takedowns.
Sad part is it sounded much more probable than not.

The full quote before the sound on that video was started actually said "I don't normally just come out and say this but you really suck. YOU SUCK." You could hear it live on Flo.

Hey, at least he didn't toss a chair on to the mat or anything.

The full quote before the sound on that video was started actually said "I don't normally just come out and say this but you really suck. YOU SUCK." You could hear it live on Flo.

Hey, at least he didn't toss a chair on to the mat or anything.

True on the chair tossing. However, the last time I saw a Brands involved in a "tossing" on the mat, he is the one that got tossed. Which was oh so cool for the national TV audience!

You try to post nice here but on HR not so much. Stay in your lane Bro!

Reactions: ZepGraffiti
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT