ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Appreciation Thread

One thing I’d like to see is the split between front side bonus and consy bonus. Lots of Hawkeyes went to consis early - hence more opportunities for bonus and they are wrestling some guys who might be dejected. That said, I have said a few of our guys lacked some pop this year at the tourney and 30 BPs is getting the job done regardless.

Just imagine a tourney where a bonus maniac like Nolf gets knocked into consis early and gets 2/3 extra matches.
Iowa: 19/11
PSU: 20.5/5

I think we should keep our front side opportunities.

Very quick, so could be off a little.

That isn't a joke! I already knew in the thread about getting engaged but I am indeed going to be a father! It was early in the pregnancy so we didn't make it public. Now we are past the higher risk stage so it's ok to mention. Especially with a bunch of strangers on the internet

I bought a new handgun and working on a new truck(forsure need a Quad cab now:cool:) before the baby comes around September. Lord knows I won't be able to afterwards:D
Just a FYI. My F150 crew cab has twice as much room in the back seat as my Tahoe. We take the truck when we take all three grandkids, just because of the room. Of course because of the grandkids, I also had to have those entertainment (dvd) systems installed.

Reactions: WildTurk
Iowa: 19/11.5
PSU: 20.5/3

I believe...
Nick Lee majored Weaver and Perry
Shak majored Root, Chaid and Miklus, but Miklus was in the 7th place bout. Do you get bonus for those?

Nick Lee (33-7) placed 5th and scored 11.50 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Ryan Diehl (Maryland) 13-14 won by fall over Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 (Fall 2:13)
  • Cons. Round 1 - Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 won by decision over Josh Alber (Northern Iowa) 25-8 (Dec 7-3)
  • Cons. Round 2 - Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 won by decision over Mason Smith (Central Michigan) 32-7 (Dec 5-0)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 won by major decision over Cole Weaver (Indiana) 26-12 (MD 13-5)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 won by decision over Tyler Smith (Bucknell) 29-6 (Dec 13-6)
  • Cons. Round 5 - Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 won by major decision over Sa`Derian Perry (Eastern Michigan) 18-19 (MD 12-4)
  • Cons. Semi - Jaydin Eierman (Missouri) 32-3 won by major decision over Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 (MD 12-4)
  • 5th Place Match - Nick Lee (Penn State) 33-7 won in sudden victory - 1 over Kevin Jack (NC State) 23-6 (SV-1 9-7)
Shakur Rasheed (24-5) placed 7th and scored 9.50 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) 24-5 won by major decision over Sawyer Root (The Citadel) 25-16 (MD 13-5)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) 24-5 won by major decision over Daniel Chaid (North Carolina) 22-12 (MD 14-3)
  • Quarterfinal - Michael Macchiavello (NC State) 22-3 won by decision over Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) 24-5 (Dec 5-4)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) 24-5 won by decision over Frank Mattiace (Pennsylvania) 31-8 (Dec 6-5)
  • Cons. Round 5 - Kollin Moore (Ohio State) 27-4 won by decision over Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) 24-5 (Dec 7-4)
  • 7th Place Match - Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) 24-5 won by major decision over Willie Miklus (Missouri) 25-6 (MD 11-3)

One thing I’d like to see is the split between front side bonus and consy bonus. Lots of Hawkeyes went to consis early - hence more opportunities for bonus and they are wrestling some guys who might be dejected. That said, I have said a few of our guys lacked some pop this year at the tourney and 30 BPs is getting the job done regardless.

Just imagine a tourney where a bonus maniac like Nolf gets knocked into consis early and gets 2/3 extra matches.

Can’t wrap my head around Nolf losing early unless he has to wrestle 197. Which arm is tied behind his back?

Reactions: Dogwelder
I am going to disagree on this one. Lum is still on that board and he is possibly one of the biggest jackwagons around, lion goes over and pokes with his Eddie Haskell 'who me?' Schtick. There is plenty of open discussion allowed, plenty of rules violations that are unchecked. Perhaps some of the issues and it either comes with being the dominant program or it is the Pleasantville there is no wrong in Happy Valley persona that seems to be prevalent. That there is nothing(and I rarely use absolutes) that could possibly be questioned about anything PSU. I know not all posters share that approach but it seems far more prevalent than elsewhere.
There’s a reason I act the way I do over there. I started out giving opinions and my take on things only to be verbally assaulted, called a pedophile, a stupid injun or what have you because they didn’t want to hear the truth. You have some real idiots over there and you guys allow them to run wild. That being the case, I’m gonna irritate them every chance I get.

Reactions: nitlion6
Nick Lee majored Weaver and Perry
Shak majored Root, Chaid and Miklus, but Miklus was in the 7th place bout. Do you get bonus for those?
Yes, as someone else noted.

The only thing you don't get by winning a placement match (whether it's the finals, 3rd, 5th, or 7th Place bout) are Advancement Points. Placement Points and Bonus Points can be earned.

There’s a reason I act the way I do over there. I started out giving opinions and my take on things only to be verbally assaulted, called a pedophile, a stupid injun or what have you because they didn’t want to hear the truth. You have some real idiots over there and you guys allow them to run wild. That being the case, I’m gonna irritate them every chance I get.
The reason you act and respond the way you do over there is because of what's between your ears, not because of what some strangers type on an anynonomus internet forum. Won't be long before you become another statistic. Time to grow up 21guns Jr. :D

The reason you act and respond the way you do over there is because of what's between your ears, not because of what some strangers type on an anynonomus internet forum. Won't be long before you become another statistic. Time to grow up 21guns Jr. :D
So basically you’re running your mouth to me here like I do to you guys there. You do understand that right? I must be in your head...

Last edited:
Either you'll figure it out or you won't. There is a big difference between you and I on wrestling forums LumbeeIndian. I come to defend, you go attack. You can easily ignore all the Sandusky/Cael hating crap if you try harder to block it out. It's never going away. People will always bring it up. All up to you.

Either you'll figure it out or you won't. There is a big difference between you and I on wrestling forums LumbeeIndian. I come to defend, you go attack. You can easily ignore all the Sandusky/Cael hating crap if you try harder to block it out. It's never going away. People will always bring it up. All up to you.
So I have this right, you want me to ignore the folks that call PSU fans pedophiles, or call Cael and the PSU wrestling program dirty while it’s ok for you to come here and defend the negative that’s said about anything Iowa? I am reading that right right?

This will be interesting.
I just need to drop it and move. Wrestling fans should be one big fraternity. We should all be looking to grow the sport, help bring in as many new fans as possible.... we should all be doing what we can for the sport to blossom. But what do we get from the folks in Iowa? We get accusations that PSU wrestling fans are pedophiles. We get that our boys are juicing. We get programs like PSU and tOSU are cheating. They run down kids from other programs like it’s no big deal. Kids they know nothing about. Hell, they run down kids still in HS because they didn’t choose Iowa.

Don’t get me wrong though, I think they really do want to see a healthy future for wrestling ....but only if they are on top.

Last edited:
So I have this right, you want me to ignore the folks that call PSU fans pedophiles, or call Cael and the PSU wrestling program dirty while it’s ok for you to come here and defend the negative that’s said about anything Iowa? I am reading that right right?
You are over there calling people names and picking fights. You type before you think. Even your own have noticed and mentioned as much.

When somebody rips into say, Terry Brands over here I respond with I love Brands! He is a great coach, mentor and father. I'm lucky to have met and shook his hand or I say have you even met Terry in person? Or watched him interact with kids he is teaching? Or I guess I could go your route and call the poster a dumb bastard, pitch a fit & ruin threads.

There are a ton of Iowa threads here on BWI and I get a kick out of most of them. That's a big part of why I come here year after year. If I responded to every negative comment about the "Farm boy Squakeyes" I wouldn't have much of a life outside the wrestling forums.

And remember Coach Cael was in Iowa long before he headed East. Many of us Hawk fans have tremendous respect and admiration for what he has accomplished. Do you have his Wheaties box and Des Moines Register full page tribute? Did you even know him then? I also have called out the select HR posters several times that repeatedly bring up Sandusky. As I am not a mod, that's about all can do unfortunately.

Before we ruin this thread I will bow out after my post. Try not to compare yourself to me. You will wander around in cirlces trying to figure things out. Have yourself a wonderful weekend. Hug your loved ones and be happy! :D

Don't forget 'poison drawls' my apologies to the board, I didn't think I typed Lumbee 3 times to activate his typing skills. I won't invoke his name again. I am sorry, you shouldn't have to deal with him either.

You are over there calling people names and picking fights. You type before you think. Even your own have noticed and mentioned as much.

When somebody rips into say, Terry Brands over here I respond with I love Brands! He is a great coach, mentor and father. I'm lucky to have met and shook his hand or I say have you even met Terry in person? Or watched him interact with kids he is teaching? Or I guess I could go your route and call the poster a dumb bastard, pitch a fit & ruin threads.

There are a ton of Iowa threads here on BWI and I get a kick out of most of them. That's a big part of why I come here year after year. If I responded to every negative comment about the "Farm boy Squakeyes" I wouldn't have much of a life outside the wrestling forums.

And remember Coach Cael was in Iowa long before he headed East. Many of us Hawk fans have tremendous respect and admiration for what he has accomplished. Do you have his Wheaties box and Des Moines Register full page tribute? Did you even know him then? I also have called out the select HR posters several times that repeatedly bring up Sandusky. As I am not a mod, that's about all can do unfortunately.

Before we ruin this thread I will bow out after my post. Try not to compare yourself to me. You will wander around in cirlces trying to figure things out. Have yourself a wonderful weekend. Hug your loved ones and be happy! :D
LEAVE MY LOVED ONES OUT OF THIS!!

They don’t particularly care for me either....

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Don't forget 'poison drawls' my apologies to the board, I didn't think I typed Lumbee 3 times to activate his typing skills. I won't invoke his name again. I am sorry, you shouldn't have to deal with him either.
Wtf does this even mean??

For the record. I love Johnstown/Lumbee. He’s a great fan of the sport and I appreciate that he goes over and goes at it with some of the dopes spewing nonsense. Personally I try to stay out of the fray over there unless something really bothers me.

When some on HR (there are also some great posters) constantly spew hate and inaccurate info over there it’s nice when someone like Lumbee can set the record straight in an entertaining fashion

Sorry.......but when you say you are "Gonna irritate them every chance I get"..........do you think you are part of the problem or part of the solution? If you show up with the gasoline........you need to accept some responsibility for the dumpster fire that results.

For the record. I love Johnstown/Lumbee. He’s a great fan of the sport and I appreciate that he goes over and goes at it with some of the dopes spewing nonsense. Personally I try to stay out of the fray over there unless something really bothers me.

When some on HR (there are also some great posters) constantly spew hate and inaccurate info over there it’s nice when someone like Lumbee can set the record straight in an entertaining fashion
Thank you...you’re one of the few. My goal over there is to have the entire Iowa fan base put me on ignore that way I can have free reign in setting the record straight without interruption. I couldn’t care less if any of them read or respond. It’s those fans outside of Iowa that’s really my target audience. Those fans may hear the crap that they spew about PSU and other programs but they are sure as hell going to get the opposing viewpoint. At least until they drop the banhammer anyway...

my opinion on these back and forth 'debates': They never go anywhere; Only the two writing are interested while everyone else is annoyed; 'They' think they're going to change the others opinion; and they must care a hell of a lot or are missing something in their lives by arguing with strangers.
I'm sure there is more to be said but it would be cool that personal attacks were mandated to two responses...

Reactions: LumbeeIndian
Sorry.......but when you say you are "Gonna irritate them every chance I get"..........do you think you are part of the problem or part of the solution? If you show up with the gasoline........you need to accept some responsibility for the dumpster fire that results.
Irritate may be the wrong word. But yes, I take full responsibility for my part in it all.

Reactions: nitlion6
my opinion on these back and forth 'debates': They never go anywhere; Only the two writing are interested while everyone else is annoyed; 'They' think they're going to change the others opinion; and they must care a hell of a lot or are missing something in their lives by arguing with strangers.
I'm sure there is more to be said but it would be cool that personal attacks were mandated to two responses...
You’re right. I’m out...

There is no comparison between the two boards. It is best to just stay away from HR, unless you wanna go read for a good laugh. The thread titles and stuff written on that board for the most part is down right embarrassing. Way too much hate, jealousy, false accusations, and other nonsense. Sorry but this board is nothing like it is over there. Not even close.

There is no comparison between the two boards. It is best to just stay away from HR, unless you wanna go read for a good laugh. The thread titles and stuff written on that board for the most part is down right embarrassing. Way too much hate, jealousy, false accusations, and other nonsense. Sorry but this board is nothing like it is over there. Not even close.

The funniest one over there right now is the too early for lineup predictions. You have the Iowa Big donor bnicolls who predicts Iowa to score 150 next year and bet some guy that looks like a troll $10k plus challenged him to a wrestling match. Pure entertainment

The funniest one over there right now is the too early for lineup predictions. You have the Iowa Big donor bnicolls who predicts Iowa to score 150 next year and bet some guy that looks like a troll $10k plus challenged him to a wrestling match. Pure entertainment
That was comedy gold!! I’d take the guy up on that action but my luck it’d be one of the rare times I’d be wrong over there.

Ok....now I’m out.. lol

To be fair, comparing Lumbee to 21Guns was a pretty low blow. That would fire me up too.

Reactions: purescurve
Hey Turk, I see the rich donor over there called the PSU troll a pussy. Are you going to send him that form letter you send me about personal attacks not being tolerated on your board?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT