ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

Cali_Nittany

Jan 5, 2016
The PRC
Since I’ve covered every other Big 10 team (except for tOSU which I’m saving for later), I figured I shouldn’t leave Indiana out. Last season, Indiana went 6-10 in duals, 0-9 in the Big Ten. They even lost to MSU but did finish ahead of them in the Big Ten Championships coming in at 13th place.

125 – Oliver (Sr) <Washington Community, IL>

Elijah Oliver went 19-15 last season and 1-2 in the tournament.

133 – Konrath (Fr) <Mt Vernon, IN> or Pepple (Jr) <East Noble, IN>

Paul Konrath transferred in from Wisconsin. He had a 20-3 redshirt season (one win against a NCAA qualifier, Korbin Myers). Garrett Pepple went 13-19 last season and didn’t qualify for the tournament. He had 1 win against a NCAA qualifier, Anthony Tutolo (Kent St, now MSU).

141 – Weaver (Sr) <Hudson, MI>

Cole Weaver is back for his last season as a Hoosier. He went 26-12 overall and 2-2 in the tournament from the 16 seed. He was one of several seeded wrestlers to meet their end with Nick Lee in the wrestlebacks.

149 – Tunon (So) <Clinton-Massie, OH>

Davey Tunon went 15-13 last season as the starter for most of the season. AJ Raya finished the year as the starter and went 8-11 (1-8 in duals and Big 10 tourney).

157 – Danishek (Sr) <Dayton Christian, OH>

Jacob Danishek went 8-7 last season and didn’t qualify for the tournament. He qualified in 2017, going 0-2.

165 – Martin (Sr) <Bakersfield, CA>

Bryce Martin went 15-10 last season and 0-2 in the tournament.

174 – Koontz (Jr)<Edgewood, IN> or Hinz (Jr) <Westerville North, OH>

Gabe Koontz went 5-8 in limited action last season. Jakob Hinz went 7-8 filling in @184 and @197 last season. Last season’s starter, Devin Skatzka went 22-13 overall and 0-2 in the tournament (also went 0-2 in 2017). Skatzka transferred to Minnesota.

184 – Conley (Jr) <Chaminade Prep, MO> or Graber (Fr) <Northridge, IN>

Norman Conley went 14-17 last season and didn’t qualify for the tournament. He didn’t have any wins against NCAA qualifiers. Incoming freshman Conner Graber won the 182lb Indiana state championship in 2018.

197 – Kleimola (So) <Lake Central, IN>

Jake Kleimola went 0-13 as the starter last year. (There is no one else listed as a 197 on Indiana’s roster. Maybe one of the backup 184s will try moving up.)

Heavy – Miller (Sr) <Kokomo, IN>

Fletcher Miller went 14-12 last season and didn’t qualify for the tournament. He had 1 win against a NCAA qualifier, Stephen Suglio (Kent St).

The good news is that Indiana is returning 3 of their 4 qualifiers from last year and returning a former qualifier. The bad news is that they only scored 1.5 points in last year’s tournament and none of their returning qualifiers are underclassmen. Indiana is hurting. With 5 senior starters this year, they’ll be in severe pain in 2019/20.

Indiana-University-Head-Coach-Bob-Knight-Throws-Chair-On-Court.gif

Reactions: tikk10
133 – Konrath (Fr) <Mt Vernon, IN> or Pepple (Jr) <East Noble, IN>

Paul Konrath transferred in from Wisconsin
I went looking for a 20-page thread on the Wisconsin wrestling message board* about how in the hell was Paul Konrath able to pull off an inter-conference B1G transfer but came up empty. So it's possible no one noticed.

*There may not be a Wisconsin wrestling message board.

I went looking for a 20-page thread on the Wisconsin wrestling message board* about how in the hell was Paul Konrath able to pull off an inter-conference B1G transfer but came up empty. So it's possible no one noticed.

*There may not be a Wisconsin wrestling message board.

Is it possible that the fact that he redshirted and didn't "compete" for Wisky was the reason?

Indiana-University-Head-Coach-Bob-Knight-Throws-Chair-On-Court.gif

According to the “many worlds” hypothesis, there exists a universe in which an outrageously popular sport called chair bowling was invented by Bobby Knight on a basketball court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT