ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana loses Penix to Washington.

SoParkLion

Sep 23, 2001
I feel that this is bad for the conference. More stars and beget competition makes for a better B1G.

Penix is about the worst college QB I have seen in 50 years.

IU will likely be a better team without him.
Really? So Penn State allowed the worst college QB in 50 years to beat them in 2020? Actually, that does make sense, James Franklin-coached Penn State teams do have a history of making poor to average quarterbacks look like Heisman-trophy candidates.

Really? So Penn State allowed the worst college QB in 50 years to beat them in 2020? Actually, that does make sense, James Franklin-coached Penn State teams do have a history of making poor to average quarterbacks look like Heisman-trophy candidates.
Yep, Penix's record throwing the ball as a QB is abysmal. And the PSU defense that day did give up 170 yards passing that day, nothing much for a QB in the portal that believes he is actually a P5 QB. Penix did about nothing passing the ball against any team I saw him play against, displaying the worst "accuracy" for a QB I have seen.

In the 2020 PSU/IU game PSU outgained IU 488 yards to 211. And the paltry 211 yards that IU gained included their last drive, about the only real drive IU had in the game. PSU really dominated that game, but managed to beat itself with turnovers and penalties, and some poor strategy and execution when it counted most.

But then again I am defining a quarterback as someone that's prime responsibility is to hand the ball off to RB's and pass the football.

Penix was really just a wildcat running back playing quarterback. A very good athlete that likely could help a team if he played another position.

And yes, if IU can field a legit QB that can lead a successful college passing game, they will be an improved team.

Reactions: Madsol
Yep, Penix's record throwing the ball as a QB is abysmal. And the PSU defense that day did give up 170 yards passing that day, nothing much for a QB in the portal that believes he is actually a P5 QB. Penix did about nothing passing the ball against any team I saw him play against, displaying the worst "accuracy" for a QB I have seen.

In the 2020 PSU/IU game PSU outgained IU 488 yards to 211. And the paltry 211 yards that IU gained included their last drive, about the only real drive IU had in the game. PSU really dominated that game, but managed to beat itself with turnovers and penalties, and some poor strategy and execution when it counted most.

But then again I am defining a quarterback as someone that's prime responsibility is to hand the ball off to RB's and pass the football.

Penix was really just a wildcat running back playing quarterback. A very good athlete that likely could help a team if he played another position.

And yes, if IU can field a legit QB that can lead a successful college passing game, they will be an improved team.

This. Indiana had 130 yards of total offense going into their final possession of regulation. So a good chunk of their yardage came during that final drive and then in OT. Penix did make some nice throws on those drives. But PSU lost because of turnovers, special teams gaffes and the insanely overanalyzed Ford TD. Not because of Penix.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Highly overrated. As mentioned here, he manages to beat us with that ridiculous last drive. What was that 1 in 100 we lose that game. I'm thinking Brent Pry did not mention that drive in his Va Tech interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT