ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Penix Jr. on Tom Allen hire

Insincere? That’s ridiculous!!! The young man came to IU, graduated in 4 years, gave the school, coaches, teammates and fans everything he had, while sustaining four season ending injuries in 4 straight seasons!!! He probably came back too early after the ACL rehab between ‘20 and ‘21. He needed a change of scenery. Not one person I know who roots for IU has begrudged his decision to leave.

Nothing wrong at all choosing to hook up with an OC you started for in ‘19, albeit only 6 starts that year in DeBoer, and the guy who recruited you at Tennessee and IU in Nick Sheridan.

Insincere? That’s ridiculous!!! The young man came to IU, graduated in 4 years, gave the school, coaches, teammates and fans everything he had, while sustaining four season ending injuries in 4 straight seasons!!! He probably came back too early after the ACL rehab between ‘20 and ‘21. He needed a change of scenery. Not one person I know who roots for IU has begrudged his decision to leave.

Nothing wrong at all choosing to hook up with an OC you started for in ‘19, albeit only 6 starts that year in DeBoer, and the guy who recruited you at Tennessee and IU in Nick Sheridan.
If he beats Michigan he’ll become one of my favorite players, and I’ll forgive and forget about that stretch to the pylon fiasco.

Check this out…while I’m not at all advocating for this, BUT, if JJ Mac happens to go out of the game injured tomorrow night, it could be a battle of former IU QBs, as Tuttle is the UM back-up.

Reactions: NedFromYork

It comes across as insincere. He left.
That doesn't make him a bad person. People are asked questions that they're forced to give answers to. He took the high road but if he felt that way about Allen he stays. It's truly that simple.

• Wow
Reactions: 4IUSox2
It comes across as insincere. He left.
That doesn't make him a bad person. People are asked questions that they're forced to give answers to. He took the high road but if he felt that way about Allen he stays. It's truly that simple.
At Indiana when he had a chance to transfer to Washingon ? That would be a no-brainer for me. Allen was fired for a reason. Penix was just being diplomatic and nothing wrong with that

At Indiana when he had a chance to transfer to Washingon ? That would be a no-brainer for me. Allen was fired for a reason. Penix was just being diplomatic and nothing wrong with that
Yeah, he wasn’t a great head coach. Which we didn’t hire him for. He was a great DC…..which we did hire him for. And his team loved him. Just like Penix said

Yeah, he wasn’t a great head coach. Which we didn’t hire him for. He was a great DC…..which we did hire him for. And his team loved him. Just like Penix said
Agree, no argument here. Just wasn't cut out to be the CEO of a CF program

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT