ADVERTISEMENT

In other games

KCLion

Jun 8, 2001
Linus has found the “Great Pumpkin” in Madison, WI at the Badgers/Illini game. Bielema wearing a bright Orange pull over wind shirt is just not a good look. That said, Bielema wearing anything is really not a good look.

Yeah but Venables was supposed to be a defensive genius.

Unless he brought in 22 defensive players, a genius wasn't going to fix the holes in that team.

Riley took a bunch of offensive studs with him and run another bunch off in the portal.

Unless he adapts, he's 3 years from having his own team on the field.

Unless he brought in 22 defensive players, a genius wasn't going to fix the holes in that team.

Riley took a bunch of offensive studs with him and run another bunch off in the portal.

Unless he adapts, he's 3 years from having his own team on the field.
The portal has changed that--coaches don't need 3 years to get "their" kind of guys there. There's no excuse for giving up 4 TDs in a quarter though even with someone else's guys.

The portal has changed that--coaches not need 3 years to get "their" kind of guys there. There's no excuse for giving up 4 TDs in a quarter though even with someone else's guys.

It's one thing to upgrade talent wholesale when you take over a job, but you can't bring in 10+ every year and expect it to work. Sparty is showing that this year.

Venables came from Clemson so I don't know if he's all in, all out, or what when it comes to his own team. I've not followed them either. I do know you aren't going from an Air Raid variant offense to a powerhouse defense in one season no matter the coach.

It's one thing to upgrade talent wholesale when you take over a job, but you can't bring in 10+ every year and expect it to work. Sparty is showing that this year.

Venables came from Clemson so I don't know if he's all in, all out, or what when it comes to his own team. I've not followed them either. I do know you aren't going from an Air Raid variant offense to a powerhouse defense in one season no matter the coach.

Agreed but 5 TDs by TCU in less than 20 minutes isn't acceptable anywhere. New coach or not.

Will “Heisman” Levis tearing it up against Ole Miss with an assortment of WR slip screens, screen passes and other passes thrown at the line of scrimmage. Just had a 5 yard TD pass thrown to a RB 2 yards in front of him. Stay tuned for more updates.

You know it’s bad when the announcers are talking about how bad the refs are and how many calls they make missed on the wolverines and made on Iowa
Shameful we have a new commissioner and yet he hasn't fixed the perceived bias by the officials. I'm being nice.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Will “Heisman” Levis tearing it up against Ole Miss with an assortment of WR slip screens, screen passes and other passes thrown at the line of scrimmage. Just had a 5 yard TD pass thrown to a RB 2 yards in front of him. Stay tuned for more updates.
And they got their top RB back after a four game suspension….apparently, Stoops isn’t a real strict disciplinarian if the player is good.

And they got their top RB back after a four game suspension….apparently, Stoops isn’t a real strict disciplinarian if the player is good.

Their board was in near meltdown the whole off season because he was due to miss the Florida game.

Michigan is pretty methodical. Nothing fancy. That will be tough for PSU to handle as it’s all at the LOS. Need some turnovers and penalties to beat them. Hard to come by especially in AA.

Michigan is pretty methodical. Nothing fancy. That will be tough for PSU to handle as it’s all at the LOS. Need some turnovers and penalties to beat them. Hard to come by especially in AA.
Yeah, Michigan doesn't look overly impressive to me but I agree. Very methodical and they try to force you into mistakes.

Reactions: rrdd2021
Was watching the end of the OK vs TVU first half. TCU getting railroaded by the refs. TCU pass play. Receiver got rocked. Could have literally called PI, Defenseless Receiver, and Targeting….they called none of them. Then like two minutes later they said a TCU punt returner called for a fair catch. They whistled the play dead as soon as he took off. Upon replay, the returner never raised an arm. TCU coach is absolutely livid right now.

Was watching the end of the OK vs TVU first half. TCU getting railroaded by the refs. TCU pass play. Receiver got rocked. Could have literally called PI, Defenseless Receiver, and Targeting….they called none of them. Then like two minutes later they said a TCU punt returner called for a fair catch. They whistled the play dead as soon as he took off. Upon replay, the returner never raised an arm. TCU coach is absolutely livid right now.
Levis with 2 nice throws including one for a TD. Probably should have let him throw down the field sooner.

This scUM Iowa game is a joke. Iowa is horrible on offense. Just pathetic. With that said we will have our hands full in AA, they are very good, no doubt. We have to be able to slow down their run game and be able to run it ourselves. I'm thinking at least 120 yards on the ground is needed.

Reactions: scrivener
Yeah, Michigan doesn't look overly impressive to me but I agree. Very methodical and they try to force you into mistakes.
I don’t normally hope anyone gets injured but it is Michigan so I hope they have a dozen over the next two weeks.

Iowa got screwed again by the refs when they completed a pass inside the Michigan 5 yard line. Announcers said that every time Iowa has had a big play today, the refs threw a flag. The calls are really iffy and are killing Iowa.

Ill-Noise hammering Wisco -- good thing the AP had Wisconsin as one of only 4 b1g teams ranked.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT