ADVERTISEMENT

In other games

Anybody watching the Iowa-scUM game? They just called an Offensive PI call on Iowa where the scUM defender grabs and holds onto the Iowa receiver as soon as he fires of the LOS. Just a horrendous call and should have been Defensive Holding automatic 1st Down. Just a ridiculous joke of a call.

It's likely going to happen both weeks...... Referines will Referine.
Iowa was just called for offensive pass interference on 4th-and-2. Didn't see that in the replay, but it sure looked like a receiver was being held in the middle of the field at the goal line.

I like our chances of running on them. But I bet as soon as Singleton breaks a long one we see a flag for a phantom hold.

In other “college football” games, Aaron Judge is still trying to break a record that’s already been broken three times.
It's an impressive American League record without steroids. Judge also has a chance to win the triple crown. Cabrera won it 10 years ago but the last one before that was 55 years ago. Look at Judge's WAR. Nobody is close. Opponents are pitching around him so he's not getting many pitches to hit.

I'd say it's as big of a sports story as NW @ PSU

It's an impressive American League record without steroids. Judge also has a chance to win the triple crown. Cabrera won it 10 years ago but the last one before that was 55 years ago. Look at Judge's WAR. Nobody is close. Opponents are pitching around him so he's not getting many pitches to hit.

You’re assuming Judge isn’t using steroids. Only he knows.

Judge had pitches to hit in every AB today and most of the other ABs I have seen lately (and they show every damn one of them) It’s not the other pitchers’ “job” to throw meatballs for Judge to hit over the fence.

• Haha
Reactions: scbob
Judge had pitches to hit in every AB today and most of the other ABs I have seen lately (and they show every damn one of them) It’s not the other pitchers’ “job” to throw meatballs for Judge to hit over the fence.
I saw a lot of pitches that were called balls that looked like strikes to me.

• Haha
Reactions: scbob
You’re assuming Judge isn’t using steroids. Only he knows.
I'm not assuming - it's the media. I'm sure Judge or any of today's power hitters who deserve consideration for what they did on the field will have no trouble getting into the HoF.

Last edited:
It’s not the other pitchers’ “job” to throw meatballs for Judge to hit over the fence.
No it's not their job. Yes he had a couple of pitches to hit today. He was also hit by pitch and walked twice.

Bama up 28-0 on Arkansas though Bryce Young is the concern
Toledo up 31-3 against Central Michigan (not surprising)
Michigan State struggling again this time with Maryland

Didn’t pay attention to the osu highlights at halftime but ….. did osu fumble the ball through the end zone and they called the guy down at the one foot line? How are you down when fumbleing?

Reactions: hlstone
Didn’t pay attention to the osu highlights at halftime but ….. did osu fumble the ball through the end zone and they called the guy down at the one foot line? How are you down when fumbleing?
You must be new around here.

Reactions: bison13

See below, and it’s not like the pitchers weren’t using.

Well alrighty then that makes everything okay huh? Lots of players and pitchers weren’t juicing then and have been snubbed by the Hall. Fred McGriff immediately comes to mind.
Players have been using a lot longer than you think.

Not quite. That would be Hank Aaron who played clean.
Fair enough--Hank Aaron retired prior to me turning 1 so I should say that I "watched" in my life time. Bonds was a better hitter than Aaron though. People ignore what Bonds did prior to the steroids for some reason.

Fair enough--Hank Aaron retired prior to me turning 1 so I should say that I "watched" in my life time. Bonds was a better hitter than Aaron though. People ignore what Bonds did prior to the steroids for some reason.

He didn't have the power he had after roiding out. He was a 25-30 HR a season guy his first 5-6 years in the league - a great all-around hitter, but not nearly the power he had after roiding out. Not nearly the power.

Reactions: john4psu
He didn't have the power he had after roiding out. He was a 25-30 HR a season guy his first 5-6 years in the league - a great all-around hitter, but not nearly the power he had after roiding out. Not nearly the power.
And I said "The best hitter"--not the best power hitter. Bonds and Gwynn are the best pure hitters I've seen in my lifetime.

Alabama collapsing in the second half--without a healthy Young they're not very good offensively

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT