ADVERTISEMENT

If you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway

thefanswin

Gold Member
May 10, 2021
Too often in our increasingly soft wrestling world I hear about how allowing youth wrestlers to wear shorts and a compression shirt instead of the traditional singlet would help grow the sport. That doing this would help these snowflakes in middle school overcome their fear of performing with their genitals in full view of their friends, family, and strangers. Well guess what? Maybe it’s not such a good idea to grow the sport if it means attracting cowards, weaklings, and degenerates who don’t have the guts to participate in our sport’s traditions. When I was a teenager me and my brothers and and Dads/cousins (from the other side of the family) would all go down in the basement and wrestle without clothes and without a care in the world. Wearing a singlet was a luxury compared to those basement scraps, but it taught me everything I know about perseverance and overcoming adversity. Singlets are the way wrestlers face their demons, by presenting themselves to the public and never taking “no” for an answer. It’s not popular in today’s politically correct climate but the fact is if you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway.

Too often in our increasingly soft wrestling world I hear about how allowing youth wrestlers to wear shorts and a compression shirt instead of the traditional singlet would help grow the sport. That doing this would help these snowflakes in middle school overcome their fear of performing with their genitals in full view of their friends, family, and strangers. Well guess what? Maybe it’s not such a good idea to grow the sport if it means attracting cowards, weaklings, and degenerates who don’t have the guts to participate in our sport’s traditions. When I was a teenager me and my brothers and and Dads/cousins (from the other side of the family) would all go down in the basement and wrestle without clothes and without a care in the world. Wearing a singlet was a luxury compared to those basement scraps, but it taught me everything I know about perseverance and overcoming adversity. Singlets are the way wrestlers face their demons, by presenting themselves to the public and never taking “no” for an answer. It’s not popular in today’s politically correct climate but the fact is if you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway.
giphy.gif

Uncle Jerry is that you?

Personally, I don't think the singlet is an issue. I have been to plenty of youth track meets, young boys and teenagers do not seem to have a problem wearing compression shorts that highlights every nook and cranny. Plenty of high school track teams wear the same type of uniform too.

how can allowing compression shorts hurt the sport? It cannot, save a few traditionalists get their panties in a bunch. Could allowing fight shorts and compression shirts make it appealing to more kids? I would say that might be likely. Boxing ruled the world for centuries. Now it’s MMA. Why are we afraid to change? Especially to something that might grow the sport. Now get off of thefanswin’s lawn!!

Last edited:
is that you Grumpy Old Man from 80s/90s SNL?

I believe the statute of limitations has been extended for these crimes. The sport of swimming is drying up too because, you know, speedos.

Reactions: crd5333
After seeing a few posts at the top and not even having the mental capacity to get thru the first one. I’ve got a few questions:

1) is the schedule out?

2) anyone got a great spice rub for a brisket? Gonna be putting mine in the smoker this weekend.

No need for a poll, this post wins for Most Stupid Post of All Time. o_O :eek:

After seeing a few posts at the top and not even having the mental capacity to get thru the first one. I’ve got a few questions:

1) is the schedule out?

2) anyone got a great spice rub for a brisket? Gonna be putting mine in the smoker this weekend.

50% ground pepper
30% good salt
10% granulated garlic
10% instant espresso
Inject with truffle oil
Stick it in the fridge the night before smoking that bad boy.

This is the same poster who endorsed combining the Penn State and Iowa lineups for the purpose of bringing the college wrestling world together, so I'm afraid this too is just subtle satire.

• ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • ▢ ¾ cup white sugar
  • ▢ ½ cup American paprika
  • ▢ ¼ cup garlic powder
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
  • ▢ 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • ▢ 2 teaspoons rosemary powder
Stick to Carbonara. BBQ not your strong point if that's your go to Brisket rub.🥶

This is the same poster who endorsed combining the Penn State and Iowa lineups for the purpose of bringing the college wrestling world together, so I'm afraid this too is just subtle satire.
“Singlet, compression shirt, we’re ultimately all just one race - the human race” :p

You have to love the purity of thought that goes into wrestling naked. As the story goes - only after Adam felt guilty did he hide in the garden of Eden. Guilt brings about shame and if this guy was shame and guilt free for a portion of his life, well good for him. Those days are long gone for me. Unfortunately.

I love the Memphis dust on all BBQ. Besides, it's the cooking that makes or breaks the brisket. I've had enough brisket that is as dry as a popcorn fart.

No argument there. Plus the salting ahead of time and not in the rub. But brisket needs the the chilis (and the mustard, though I can leave that out without a huge loss) to really shine.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT