ADVERTISEMENT

If you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway

After seeing a few posts at the top and not even having the mental capacity to get thru the first one. I’ve got a few questions:

1) is the schedule out?

2) anyone got a great spice rub for a brisket? Gonna be putting mine in the smoker this weekend.
So many types of rubs but I use a simple pepper/salt/celery salt. I also rub the whole brisket in a mustard as a binder.

If only you didn’t live in Erie, i would think about visiting
But did you get invited? :)

Chris Rock: "Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn't invited." :)

chris-rock-academy-awards.jpg

Last edited:
So many types of rubs but I use a simple pepper/salt/celery salt. I also rub the whole brisket in a mustard as a binder.
In his book Franklin Barbecue: A Meat Smoking Manifesto, pitmaster Aaron Franklin says that slathers can be used on brisket and "can be anything from yellow mustard to hot sauce to plain ole water" although I wouldn't call water a "slather". He warns, "apply a very conservative amount, just enough to create a tacky environment for rub and smoke adhesion. Too much and you run the risk of building an impermeable barrier between the meat and the pending flavors. Too heavy a slather can also give you a premature crust that has the potential for flaking off, taking most of the smoke and seasoning with it."

However, Franklin does not slather briskets at his restaurant.

Since vinegar is a major component of prepared mustard and since vinegar and barbecued pork are best friends, maybe that's why people have such an affinity for applying yellow mustard to pork butts, whereas there's no vinegar tradition with brisket that I'm aware of.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
Real gangsta ass wrestlers don't flex nuts, cause real gangsta ass wrestlers know they got'em.

Too often in our increasingly soft wrestling world I hear about how allowing youth wrestlers to wear shorts and a compression shirt instead of the traditional singlet would help grow the sport. That doing this would help these snowflakes in middle school overcome their fear of performing with their genitals in full view of their friends, family, and strangers. Well guess what? Maybe it’s not such a good idea to grow the sport if it means attracting cowards, weaklings, and degenerates who don’t have the guts to participate in our sport’s traditions. When I was a teenager me and my brothers and and Dads/cousins (from the other side of the family) would all go down in the basement and wrestle without clothes and without a care in the world. Wearing a singlet was a luxury compared to those basement scraps, but it taught me everything I know about perseverance and overcoming adversity. Singlets are the way wrestlers face their demons, by presenting themselves to the public and never taking “no” for an answer. It’s not popular in today’s politically correct climate but the fact is if you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway.
Yikes

how can allowing compression shorts hurt the sport? It cannot, save a few traditionalists get their panties in a bunch. Could allowing fight shorts and compression shirts make it appealing to more kids? I would say that might be likely. Boxing ruled the world for centuries. Now it’s MMA. Why are we afraid to change? Especially to something that might grow the sport. Now get off of thefanswin’s lawn!!
Sounds like there is an unhealthy attachment to singlets. Let it go and the whole bs statement about not being a man if you didn't wear a singlet is just that BS. Lmfao. I could care less what they wear I watch the wrestling

“Wearing a singlet was a luxury compared to those basement scraps, but it taught me everything I know about perseverance and overcoming adversity. Singlets are the way wrestlers face their demons, ...”

If this site still exists in 2099 - thefanswin will be in the hunt for drunken poster of the Century.

Reactions: danoftw
Too often in our increasingly soft wrestling world I hear about how allowing youth wrestlers to wear shorts and a compression shirt instead of the traditional singlet would help grow the sport. That doing this would help these snowflakes in middle school overcome their fear of performing with their genitals in full view of their friends, family, and strangers. Well guess what? Maybe it’s not such a good idea to grow the sport if it means attracting cowards, weaklings, and degenerates who don’t have the guts to participate in our sport’s traditions. When I was a teenager me and my brothers and and Dads/cousins (from the other side of the family) would all go down in the basement and wrestle without clothes and without a care in the world. Wearing a singlet was a luxury compared to those basement scraps, but it taught me everything I know about perseverance and overcoming adversity. Singlets are the way wrestlers face their demons, by presenting themselves to the public and never taking “no” for an answer. It’s not popular in today’s politically correct climate but the fact is if you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway.
If this is serious- you should go back to your naked basement/cave
If this is satire- brilliant!

It's amazing how many people believe that unless kids go through their life exactly like they did (which is impossible) they aren't worthy of anything.

Reactions: Fatmarc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT