ADVERTISEMENT

If a QB scrambles and is tackled or chased OOB short of the LOS

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
Does this count as a sack? Masson clearly chased the NW QB out of bounds in the first half and it didn't seem to be registered as a sack.

Should be--but might go as a "team" sack as the QB wasn't touched (much).

Does this count as a sack? Masson clearly chased the NW QB out of bounds in the first half and it didn't seem to be registered as a sack.
I agree I was thinking eve same thing he chased him out for 2 yard loss!

I agree I was thinking eve same thing he chased him out for 2 yard loss!

Nassib had a similar thing in the 2nd half... was chasing QB on a rollout and he ran out 2 yards shy of the LOS. Should have added 1 to his sack total.

Nassib had a similar thing in the 2nd half... was chasing QB on a rollout and he ran out 2 yards shy of the LOS. Should have added 1 to his sack total.

As I recall, that play was a slight net gain, but short of the first down marker.

As I recall, that play was a slight net gain, but short of the first down marker.

I actually watched it again on DVR during the next commercial break and he lost yardage. Question is is it a team sack or does the player who forced it get credit for it? Not that it matters because the entire team get's the L but it'd be nice to see Nassib end up leading the country in sacks.

Nassib ran him out of bounds for a yard loss, but the official marked it as a yard gain, thus no sack.

I'm referring to when the QB lost yards running out of bounds. There were other similar plays where the announcers said "tackled for a X yard loss", but not a "sack". It could be that the out of bounds and scramble tackles short of the line of scrimmage were actually credited as sacks, but the announces just didn't say so. As someone mentioned above, I guess the team sack where the QB wasn't really touched makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT