ADVERTISEMENT

I really doubt that Franklin thought this game could be a loss

Michaelion

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Despite his weekly tweets about being 1-0, opponent name, opponent name, opponent name, he looked stunned in the post game PC and his comments were not his best.

He focused too long on the lateral/incomplete pass and unfortunately it was the correct call. No one cares about his “little league” football recollections of the rules. The game wasn’t lost on that play

He pointed out player mistakes a little more than usual...especially on the fake punt.

He took on the responsibility after Ohio State about taking the next step and being a “psychopath” to get to that goal. Well, he had a home game with 2 weeks to prepare vs a wounded team as a decided favorite and lost while his squad looked unprepared and unfocused. His new approach failed miserably in it’s first test.

I know running it up...and that’s what it has been vs certain teams...not his line about “being aggressive in everything we do” is going to come back and bite him. Right or wrong, it makes it easier for a lot of PSU fans to not want to support him when the chips are down. The timeout vs GA State, throwing deep repeatedly this year against Pitt, last year vs Michigan (as much as I dislike both of them) was questionable to many fans. He certainly isn’t aggressive late in the big games so his mantra is flawed.

He has got a really, really, tough task in front of him to keep this team from falling apart and the schedule only gets tougher. He’s got job security but fans are fickle and he has set expectations really high...as he should but the last 2 years have been a high and there could easily be a lot of doubt setting in circa September ‘16.

Everybody generally predicted 3 losses. Why such soul searching for a team nobody believed to be plsyopl worthy?

Yeah, I would like to see some changes, but we are exactly who we thought we were.

Everybody generally predicted 3 losses. Why such soul searching for a team nobody believed to be plsyopl worthy?

Yeah, I would like to see some changes, but we are exactly who we thought we were.

They'll be luck to win 8 games reg season now, worst case scenario. Could easily be 6-0. Last year could have easily been 12-0. Year prior, can't complain, great year but could have easily won Rose Bowl. Year prior JF clock mismanagement and play not to lose mentality cost them game against Maryland and arguably Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT