ADVERTISEMENT

I’m sickened by what I witnessed tonight

I was at a game watch party and couldn’t hear much. What happened?

Lol, you're just proving the point, strutting around like a chicken hawk on opposing fan's board. I'd suggest you act like you've been there before....but you clearly haven't. Congrats on your signature win for the decade.

This is the point. iowa athletic supporters act like this because they are desperate to be relevant. iowa will win some games, but they will never be top tier. It’s just iowa. iowa is not and never will be a top draw. It is what it is.

They won today, but this win doesn’t elevate their overall standing.

This is the point. iowa athletic supporters act like this because they are desperate to be relevant. iowa will win some games, but they will never be top tier. It’s just iowa. iowa is not and never will be a top draw. It is what it is.

They won today, but this win doesn’t elevate their overall standing.

Both penn state and iowa have one big ten championship game apperance. Sure, you won yours. But, we know where we sit. Do you?

Ah. Klatt and Johnson said a few times that iowa athletic supporters reacted like PSU players feigned injuries to stop iowa’s momentum.
this is so funny. what momentum? this d was loving squaring up against that team.

Both penn state and iowa have one big ten championship game apperance. Sure, you won yours. But, we know where we sit. Do you?
Yes we do. Our odds are longer playing in OSUs division. Your odds would be way longer if you were in the East. Do you know that?

I haven’t figured out WHY our D would want to fake injuries. Iowa’s O absolutely stunk and there was no need to slow them down.

Reactions: Warneke and psu2016
Your last conference title was in 2004. We've won three since then. No, not dominance but we're in the conversation most seasons. That's where we sit. How about you??

Where we “sit” has nothing to do with it

Booing opposing teams injuries is as low class as it gets - it has nothing to do with winning or losing

TV showed your fans booing and mocking Clifford as he was walking to the locker room - I was really kind of embarrassed “for” you because it made your fan base look like idiots on National TV 📺

Congrats on the win - but you totally embarrassed yourselves - good for you !

I haven’t figured out WHY our D would want to fake injuries. Iowa’s O absolutely stunk and there was no need to slow them down.
yea i was really confused by the booers. that defense was loving it out there until they had to play for 3 quarters in a row due to an offense averaging a yard per play with the backup. very bizarre, not sure what they were watching.

Reactions: rcy4499
I could not watch this live and just watched it. Why is Clidford running around the sidelines fine. He should be playing. It is definitely not a leg injury. Definitely not an arm injury. Definitely not a head injury. How he could not be playing is an embarrassment. In high school we had guys play on broken legs to win. What the hell are we doing. Where was Mustipher? Why is Roberson clueless? Why can't a tight end catch Riversin's throws. We should have crushed this team 47 to 10.

I could not watch this live and just watched it. Why is Clidford running around the sidelines fine. He should be playing. It is definitely not a leg injury. Definitely not an arm injury. Definitely not a head injury. How he could not be playing is an embarrassment. In high school we had guys play on broken legs to win. What the hell are we doing. Where was Mustipher? Why is Roberson clueless? Why can't a tight end catch Riversin's throws. We should have crushed this team 47 to 10.
He still had his flack jacket on under his t shirt while on the sideline

It appeared to be his ribs. I watched the game and didn't see him running anywhere. He was walking around and it seemed he was a bit out of kilter. My guess is they gave him a pain killer injection so he could come out and watch.

Reactions: A2Nit
TV showed your fans booing and mocking Clifford as he was walking to the locker room - I was really kind of embarrassed “for” you because it made your fan base look like idiots on National TV 📺

meh. Our students would do the same thing. I agree that it is classless but it’s certainly not unique to Iowa nor are we immune to such stuff from our fan base

Iowa is a decent team with a solid defense, second best in the big ten, right behind PSU, but if not for key injuries, this game was headed for a blowout. Iowa has a super easy schedule and may end up winning the rest of their regular reason games, but will likely lose big to whoever wins the big ten east. Iowa easily loses 4 to 5 games with our schedule.

We both control our own destiny. Had we not lost Clifford we win by 20. Hope to see you again in December. Until then stay classy. Well, stay something. But whoever wins the East is gonna boat race you. Bye bye.

Iowa averaged 14.5 yards per play on the play an injury occurred and ~3.6 on plays the rest of the game. We’re they faking, likely not. But to excited fans in the stadium it sure looks fishy

Reactions: ThriceHawk
Iowa fans are smart. We can tell when players are faking injuries to slow down the offense, which most of the PSU “injuries” were tonight. It’s the old Dantonio move. Never thought PSU would stoop that low (actually, check that, you’ve done worse), but here we are. As for Clifford, he’s good, but fragile. Iowa exposed him tonight. Don’t feel bad, it’s what we do to opposing QB’s. Take care.
The freaking commentators called it out as well. Every 10+ yard play - a player drops. Stupid.

We sit as college football blue bloods....and you don't.

Yet neither of those data points change the fact that your no class fans booed injured players.
Fricking `12 year old talking about blue bloods Yes the fans were booing we have seen this fall down routine Before to buy time and stop momentum how dumb are you? You got beat it's called football live with it Sorry we won't see you in the B1G finals

Iowa fans are smart. We can tell when players are faking injuries to slow down the offense, which most of the PSU “injuries” were tonight. It’s the old Dantonio move. Never thought PSU would stoop that low (actually, check that, you’ve done worse), but here we are. As for Clifford, he’s good, but fragile. Iowa exposed him tonight. Don’t feel bad, it’s what we do to opposing QB’s. Take care.
Yeah…we kept our starting NT out for the game because he was faking injury. And we purposefully told our best DE and All American safety to fake injury.

You are a hayseed doofus and should go back to your pathetic board and GFY (or your sister).

The freaking commentators called it out as well. Every 10+ yard play - a player drops. Stupid.
What would be stupid is for our best players to fake injuries and miss a play. Also, maybe you're not aware the first guy you booed never returned.

This. Iowa fans are particularly sensitive to the tactic because of Dantonio doing it. (MSU players even admitted it years later).

At one point tonight, Iowa averaged 14.5 ypp when a psu player was injured, and 3.6 ypp overall.

You may not like it, but this is why Iowa fans are sensitive to this tactic. Especially when time after time players are healed 1 play later.

Huh? PSU won Big Ten Championships in 1994, 2005, 2009 and 2016, plus they played with one hand tied behind their backs from 2012 through 2015 thanks to the NCAA/BIG Ten throwing them under the bus. Iowa has not experienced that degree of success over the same time period. Go home.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT