ADVERTISEMENT

How many seniors or guys leaving on UM team

I'm hardly an expert on their roster, so there may be some mistakes in the below.

Players that who won't be back:

WR - Grant Perry
LT - Jon Runyan
RT - Juwann Bushell-Beatty
TE - Zah Gentry
RB - Karan Higdon

NT - Lawrence Marshall
DE - Chase Winovich
FS - Tyree Kinnel

There is a lot of noise that DE Rashan Gary will opt for the NFL.

There are also some backups whose eligibility will be up after this season.

This sounds desparate, hoping for early departures, but I’ve seen speculation that both their corners could go pro (hill and long)
The good or bad news depending on how you look at it is that PSU doesn't have any junior starters that appear to be NFL ready.

The good or bad news depending on how you look at it is that PSU doesn't have any junior starters that appear to be NFL ready.

I’ve seen mention of bates and McGovern and even Gonzalez at times... after today’s game, not sure any of them would be drafted very high or at all (honestly not even just basing this off today’s game.. for a unit that should be dominating based off experience and if you put any stock in recruiting rankings..)

I’ve seen talk that Shareef could go early, he would be a loss, but I feel like he was better last year? Not sure he couldn’t be replaced by Simmons after a healthy offseason.

Than god farmer can’t come back.

I think Polk has one more year of eligibility. I hope he decides to move on with life

TM Injury played more into that game today than anything, IMO. His passes were all way off target and when it wasn't an obvious passing down he had plenty of time to throw. I think his lack of mobility effected him more than any on the coaching staff want to admit. Wish Stevens would have played the whole game....I think it would have been much closer.

This Michigan defense didn't look so dominant last year did they? Same coaches. Same players. A big difference a year made.

Wait for draft grades. Anybody who projects decent is likely gone.

This is Hairball’s Best Shot... if they choke against Ohio State which is possible... one can easily say failure... as he was brought in to win Championships certainly based on his salary alone...

Next year will be a struggle...

I despise Hairball... think he is classless... kudos to this years Michigan Team.., but has been led by

1) a great defensive coordinator and
2) Taking advantage of a new transfer rule and picking up Shea Patterson. Patterson is a very good QB.

Hairball will do just what he did at Stanford and SF...get his team just far enough... never win the big one... then leave..

Michigan has 5 seniors on offense and 3 on defense (including Winovich). Bush and Gary could also leave early.
]

The only senior starters are JBB, Higdon, Winovich, and Kinnel. Everyone else has eligibility left. A few might leave early but Michigan will be loaded next season and ranked higher in the preseason tha they were this season.

]

The only senior starters are JBB, Higdon, Winovich, and Kinnel. Everyone else has eligibility left. A few might leave early but Michigan will be loaded next season and ranked higher in the preseason tha they were this season.

Their talent on defense is real. They could lose bush, Gary, long, hill to the draft early. That unknown makes it a little early to conclude that they will be loaded next season

I’ve seen mention of bates and McGovern and even Gonzalez at times... after today’s game, not sure any of them would be drafted very high or at all (honestly not even just basing this off today’s game.. for a unit that should be dominating based off experience and if you put any stock in recruiting rankings..)

I’ve seen talk that Shareef could go early, he would be a loss, but I feel like he was better last year? Not sure he couldn’t be replaced by Simmons after a healthy offseason.

Than god farmer can’t come back.

I think Polk has one more year of eligibility. I hope he decides to move on with life

The thought of any of our offensive lineman EVER playing in the NFL is pretty laughable.

I will preface this by saying any animosity in this post is solely reserved for the user being quoted. I greatly enjoyed every single interaction I had with PSU fans this year, just like I did when I visited Happy Valley in 2010(?). Y'all honestly have one of the nicest fan bases around. That being said...

Hairball will do just what he did at Stanford and SF...get his team just far enough... never win the big one... then leave..

This is always one of the dumbest narratives out there. Harbaugh left San Diego to move to a P5 team in Stanford and then left Stanford to move to the NFL. What, is he supposed to just be content where he is and not try to move up?

And then of course after having the 5th best winning percentage of all time in the NFL the SF management got upset that their power was dwindling and forced Harbaugh out. He then landed at what he has said numerous times is his dream job.

Regarding not winning the big one... Probably an even dumber narrative than the one above. Doing what he did at Stanford and finishing it with an Orange Bowl win is more impressive than anything James Franklin has done in his entire career. Same with getting to the Super Bowl. Did he win? No. He's a whopping 0-1 in title games. He's also 54. It's not like time is much of a factor.

Yeah, with those 5 graduations from starters! It'll be a disaster! Oh, Gary will leave too? Oh no, I guess Josh Uche, a guy with 7 sacks in 7 games played, will have to play more downs!

I despise Hairball... think he is classless...

There is one word that comes to mind when I see posts like this: unhinged.

Despising a human being over football is bizarre and troubling. Despising a human being whose crime is "the media liked him too much when he was hired" is just pathetic.

But yeah, let's shit on the guy who pulls women out of car crashes (http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...an-wolverines-helps-two-women-94-car-accident) or is consistently doing activities in support of charities (https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...05/13/harbaugh-chucks-chad-charity/101660708/) because he tweeted about satellite camps or threw a headset or something.

Doing what he did at Stanford and finishing it with an Orange Bowl win is more impressive than anything James Franklin has done in his entire career.

If Stanford had fell back off the face of the Earth after Harbaugh left, I'd probably agree with you. The fact that they haven't weakens your argument.

And I find it strange that the post you replied to was one from a poster I don't think anybody on the board recognizes. He posts somewhere, but not a regular here.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
]

You think Bush & Gary return?

I'm hardly an expert on their roster, so there may be some mistakes in the below.

Players that who won't be back:

WR - Grant Perry
LT - Jon Runyan
RT - Juwann Bushell-Beatty
TE - Zah Gentry
RB - Karan Higdon

NT - Lawrence Marshall
DE - Chase Winovich
FS - Tyree Kinnel

There is a lot of noise that DE Rashan Gary will opt for the NFL.

There are also some backups whose eligibility will be up after this season.
Wrong on a couple of counts. Runyon and Gentry both have another year and Marshall normally doesn't start unless someone is hurt.

This is Hairball’s Best Shot... if they choke against Ohio State which is possible... one can easily say failure... as he was brought in to win Championships certainly based on his salary alone...

I despise Hairball... think he is classless... kudos to this years Michigan Team.., but has been led by

1) a great defensive coordinator and
2) Taking advantage of a new transfer rule and picking up Shea Patterson. Patterson is a very good QB.

Screen-shot.

TM Injury played more into that game today than anything, IMO. His passes were all way off target and when it wasn't an obvious passing down he had plenty of time to throw. I think his lack of mobility effected him more than any on the coaching staff want to admit. Wish Stevens would have played the whole game....I think it would have been much closer.

Exactly. They are a very good defense. Not great. An average offense.

If psu had even serviceable QB play today it’s a ball game

We have at least 2 guaranted losses next year (MSU/osu), fraudkin has proven he’s way over his head againt those 2. Michigan at home is a possible dream win, but very unlikely. We have a fraud head coach.

Reactions: thetruth82
We have at least 2 guaranted losses next year (MSU/osu), fraudkin has proven he’s way over his head againt those 2. Michigan at home is a possible dream win, but very unlikely. We have a fraud head coach.
Nice try Troll - damn, why do we have the worst Trolls in college football - you are probable a sPitter or even from
Rutgres? You sound very desperate.

Reactions: ram511 and 81b&w
Take your blue and white glasses off, that’s an elite defense.

There were plenty of opportunities... psu didn’t take advantage of them.

Maryland scores 21 on them
SMU scored 20

Again ... very good. Not great imo. But whatever. Psu didn’t do what it needed to

Lol

We’ll be losing more than just seniors but we will return a lot of talent, too. The DLine will be elite again next year even if Gary goes.

Coaches should have pulled TM much earlier. Play TS whole game to see if he move the time to gauge if he can help this team next year. Moreover he needs experience.

After it became clear that this team cannot move the ball, make changes in WR's and RB's and so on. Pull the trigger and let this team play! Coach Franklin needs to soul searching about these issues. Non-performing players 3, 10, 7 and other LB's should have been pulled. Put in Dotson, Micah, rotate LB's and so on. Asst. Coaches are afraid to make mistakes, they are waiting for Coach Franklin to make decisions.

Players are not playing disciplined football. As an example, Mich. QB burned them over and over with rolling out after a fake to RB.

Especially on D lol. Just thinking about next years whiteout

We will lose Gary, Winovich, Bush, Mone, Marshall, Kinnell. Seems like a lot bcuz it is. Good news is Harbaugh has built unreal depth. I’m sure there will be some initial drop off but I wouldn’t expect much. Uche, Paye, Solomon, Dwomfour, Kemp and Ross are more than capable replacements.

We will lose Gary, Winovich, Bush, Mone, Marshall, Kinnell. Seems like a lot bcuz it is. Good news is Harbaugh has built unreal depth. I’m sure there will be some initial drop off but I wouldn’t expect much. Uche, Paye, Solomon, Dwomfour, Kemp and Ross are more than capable replacements.
I believe Long will declare as well. Along with Watson graduating that leaves vacant the “other” corner opposite Hill (who I believe returns). There are clear holes to fill - look at the inability to set the edge yesterday when Hutchinson was in at DE - but there’s also clear talent and Brown & Co have been able thus far to really coach em up.

Reactions: Team Yoder
I will preface this by saying any animosity in this post is solely reserved for the user being quoted. I greatly enjoyed every single interaction I had with PSU fans this year, just like I did when I visited Happy Valley in 2010(?). Y'all honestly have one of the nicest fan bases around. That being said...

This is always one of the dumbest narratives out there. Harbaugh left San Diego to move to a P5 team in Stanford and then left Stanford to move to the NFL. What, is he supposed to just be content where he is and not try to move up?

And then of course after having the 5th best winning percentage of all time in the NFL the SF management got upset that their power was dwindling and forced Harbaugh out. He then landed at what he has said numerous times is his dream job.

Regarding not winning the big one... Probably an even dumber narrative than the one above. Doing what he did at Stanford and finishing it with an Orange Bowl win is more impressive than anything James Franklin has done in his entire career. Same with getting to the Super Bowl. Did he win? No. He's a whopping 0-1 in title games. He's also 54. It's not like time is much of a factor.

Yeah, with those 5 graduations from starters! It'll be a disaster! Oh, Gary will leave too? Oh no, I guess Josh Uche, a guy with 7 sacks in 7 games played, will have to play more downs!

Despising a human being over football is bizarre and troubling. Despising a human being whose crime is "the media liked him too much when he was hired" is just pathetic.

But yeah, let's shit on the guy who pulls women out of car crashes (http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...an-wolverines-helps-two-women-94-car-accident) or is consistently doing activities in support of charities (https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...05/13/harbaugh-chucks-chad-charity/101660708/) because he tweeted about satellite camps or threw a headset or something.
You do realize Franklin and PSU HAVE won a BIG championship! Harbaugh has NEVER won a championship anywhere.....so come back when and IF he ever does

Priceless, our coach pulls women out of car crashes. He is such a humanitarian. Most individuals would probably just run her over. Can I get his cell# in case I get into an accident and need a superhero?

Priceless, our coach pulls women out of car crashes. He is such a humanitarian. Most individuals would probably just run her over. Can I get his cell# in case I get into an accident and need a superhero?
After he hit them from behind while picking his nose in the rear view mirror, stopping to help was the least he could do.

Exactly. They are a very good defense. Not great. An average offense.

If psu had even serviceable QB play today it’s a ball game

Michigan has played a reasonably tough schedule this season compared to many other teams. Despite that, the defense ranks #1 nationally in total D. And the gap between #1 Michigan and #2 Miami is bigger than the gap between #2 Miami and #15 Kentucky. Michigan is currently allowing 216 YPG on defense. No team has finished the season allowing under 250 yards per game since 2011 Alabama.

But sure, it's not a great defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT