ADVERTISEMENT

How can you explain Iowa?

tboyer

Sep 25, 2002
They lost at home yesterday to Purdue. This is the team that plays like the Steelers at home when they're playing Penn State or Ohio State or any Top 5 team.

Just so weird. I guess the biggest thing that explains it is they played Wisconsin the week before and their D just had nothing left for Purdue (and the Boilers aren't terrible this year)

Anyway, PSU had better watch it against Maryland. They won't have the home crowd to buck them up, the PSU D is running on empty and Maryland is not terrible. PSU is going to need to score 42 in the 1st half again to win this game.

Reactions: PSU&Trout
They lost at home yesterday to Purdue. This is the team that plays like the Steelers at home when they're playing Penn State or Ohio State or any Top 5 team.

Just so weird. I guess the biggest thing that explains it is they played Wisconsin the week before and their D just had nothing left for Purdue (and the Boilers aren't terrible this year)

Anyway, PSU had better watch it against Maryland. They won't have the home crowd to buck them up, the PSU D is running on empty and Maryland is not terrible. PSU is going to need to score 42 in the 1st half again to win this game.
It would be nice to have Buchholz, Bates, Bowen, & Charles. We lost Apke for the 1st half.

Reactions: mn78psu83

Whole year has been strange. How did we lose to MSU and Lewerke only to have Maryland make them look pedestrian? How does OU lose to Iowa State and Clemson to Syracuse?

Trust your last line is hyperbole because if winning really is dependent on us scoring 42 points in the first half, we're in trouble. I don't care who you're playing, no team ever should expect to score 42 points in a half. Of course it happens but to count on it...nope. Besides, I don't think it will take 42 points total to win this game. Maryland does not have much on offense and we've played a lot of kids on defense. I think we're all a little shellshocked about the D based on yesterday's 2nd half but I don't think they're worn down. I think we'll come out and be very aggressive on D. Those kids (and coaches) have a lot of pride and I'm sure they didn't like seeing Nebraska put up 44 pointsm

Reactions: cavic and BBrown
Trust your last line is hyperbole because if winning really is dependent on us scoring 42 points in the first half, we're in trouble. I don't care who you're playing, no team ever should expect to score 42 points in a half. Of course it happens but to count on it...nope. Besides, I don't think it will take 42 points total to win this game. Maryland does not have much on offense and we've played a lot of kids on defense. I think we're all a little shellshocked about the D based on yesterday's 2nd half but I don't think they're worn down. I think we'll come out and be very aggressive on D. Those kids (and coaches) have a lot of pride and I'm sure they didn't like seeing Nebraska put up 44 pointsm

Who played the first half on D yesterday. They did a great job.
Who played the second half. They weren't tired, how could they be, many have been resting all season.

Good God the jump off the cliffers ....it get's older than mold.

Reactions: LionJim

I bet the Iowa fans area asking themselves the same thing.
I wonder if they are getting tired of Kirk?
And yes MD will not be RU or Nebraska easy.
I'm not sure I'll go as far as saying they have to score 42 in the first half because frankly I'll be surprised if MD can score more than 14. They have their own very long laundry list of injuries.

Well, Shoeless Joe Jackson thought it was Heaven.

How old are you?

You're dealing with 18-23 year olds. They're AMATEURS. Amateurs haven't mastered playing at a top level week after week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT