ADVERTISEMENT

Hodge Trophy Fan Voting

starts on Monday, 3/25, at 5 pm CST. Ashnault, Yianni, Bo, and Jason are your finalists

CLICK HERE to vote

The deadline for your vote is this Friday, March 29, at 5:00 pm CST.
Bo is/was my favorite - just loved how out there he was. Pretty much nobody else can do the things he does. But it was tough to not vote for Jason. They're both so good it's sad anyone has to pick. Yanni is a two-timer who may get his shot in the future and Ashnault had to get a 6th year to get his title.

Just seen they opened voting. Obviously a tough choice between Nickal and Nolf. In the end, one of the criteria is heart, Nolf won a NC last year after coming back from an injury that put him out of competition for how long. For everything else being pretty much equal, that sets him apart from Nickal IMO.

Nolf was lucky to win this year. That will work against him. Last impression...is lasting impression.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The sportsmanship criteria is what's really helping Ashnault. Ear slappin Jack, pistol firing, be mobbin, tweeting trash talk

Reactions: McScoreley
As of 1:15 this Am.....Nolf is 1700 votes behind Ashnault........and the Earth is flat. :)

Last edited:
I knew something like this would happen, thinking back to Carter and Collins, but still is mind blowing to see Ashnault leading nolf in fan vote.

When does the official vote take place.

It is just a function of two PSU guys being on there.. splitting the PSU vote.. and AA getting every Rutgers supporters vote that goes on and votes.. this component doesn't have a huge impact.. there is no way it is not Jason or Bo that wins it..

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
It is just a function of two PSU guys being on there.. splitting the PSU vote.. and AA getting every Rutgers supporters vote that goes on and votes.. this component doesn't have a huge impact.. there is no way it is not Jason or Bo that wins it..
Little doubt they finish 1 - 2.

I vote for Bo without hesitation. Stats aside, to my eye the most dominant and intimidating

Nolf 2nd and AA 3rd.

Yanni shouldnt even be a nominee imo. It's very, very questionable he defeated McKenna. I think he lost.

Reactions: lionlover
The winner of the fan vote gets two 1st place votes. As such, it's unlikely to be the different maker in the decision. That said, it's hard to objectively look at Ash and Nolf, and conclude that Ash should be ahead of Jason in the voting.

LOL. You're far too kind, Tom. It's absolutely im-freaking-possible.

I promise you that a significant portion of their fans, not just message board posters, would believe that Ashnaultl should be the Hodge champion if he were to pass Bo in the fan vote.

Reactions: matter7172
I guess those fans....could be said...to believe......that wrestling started ....

............in 2019?????????????

When Suriano transferred to Rutgers is the real answer. They have spun a story made of whole cloth about Rutgers wrestling. They piss all over John Sacchi, who was actually a good coach for a long time. They don't even know that 2017-18 was the worst dual meet season under Goodale or that they won 21 of 23 duals in 2010-11. It's like the People's Temple.

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT