ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
d&d wtf GIF by Hyper RPG

50 pages!?!?!? I have to say, i am impressed by my impact!

GREAT SONG!!!

Grothus was certainly legendary, but one of my threads about Teasdale was actually the longest/greatest. I fully believe this will also become that here.

Careful or I will have you BANNED!!!
You really don't know how this works do you? If anyone is in danger of being banned it is you.

cautious-be-cautious.gif

Reactions: mcpat and 86PSUPaul
I think that, on GIA, when a word is misspelled or the wrong version of the word is used, the incorrect letters are auto-replaced with symbols (@$*!, etc.).

That’s the only logical explanation I can come up with for what we are witnessing here vs there.

Reactions: dicemen99
You really don't know how this works do you? If anyone is in danger of being banned it is you.

cautious-be-cautious.gif
uh NO, I am already a VERY famous person here! I will soon be a TOP poster also now that I have decided to create a great thread! So I would mind your P&Qs or I will report you and you will be SEE YA!!!!
I think that, on GIA, when a word is misspelled or the wrong version of the word is used, the incorrect letters are auto-replaced with symbols (@$*!, etc.).

That’s the only logical explanation I can come up with for what we are witnessing here vs there.
I am on and old server, long story but I never set up this account with this name. I do not have a password for it so I can not seem to figure out how to move it to an updated page? From time to time, it seems to just kinda do its own thing? Not sure how to explain it properly?

Reactions: mcpat
OK
1st topic (This bold print will alert everyone to new topics, another great idea by Sir IRON if you will!)

PA HS Wrestling

I Would guess that no one could argue the dominance of PA when it comes to HS wrestling? The amount of talent coming outa the state is ridiculous. I have some thoughts about it but would certainly like to hear "insiders" views.

To start, it wasn't always like this. We had a local HS team here in NY from back in the day that would wrestle and beat ALL_STAR teams from several states including NJ and PA. This was back in the 40-50s as memory serves me.

My questions would be why, and how PA become such a powerhouse in wrestling. My thoughts now are IRON SHARPENS IRON and you just have to be a stud to wrestle for championships in PA. but what got that started?

Was it the amount of college teams having an effect? Was there great HS coaches and programs that started rivalries? I did hear of the team they called the CEMENT CITY KIDS(would love to get more insight on this in another topic!) for example.

I can not image that they started clubs way back in the day like they have now which is obviously a big part of todays success. Would love to get peoples opinions of how it started, when it started, and how it is going now, which seems to be even greater then before!!!

Reactions: Sullivan
no one wants to really talk to you. we just want to make fun of your ridiculousness.

/end thread
I think you are wrong about the majority of your fans. I obviously have no idea about who posts on here? I have met PSU fans several times at NCAAs and B1Gs. While we certainly had our differences, we also had a good amount of fun as we talked wrestling.

If I find you are correct and only online board type "warriors" post here? Then it would be a sad day for this fan base but I would end the thread. As I said when I started the thread, NO need for you to be on this!!!

If you want to try and make a point about "my ridiculousness"? Please feel free to try in a CIVILIZED MANNER!!! I will debate you on any topic you wish!!!

Reactions: AriesRam
Welcome to our board IRONBIRD. We as a board would like to offer you WildTurks spot as the Iowa fan we like to mess with. jrod65 has the “Iowa fan we all love” so that spot isn’t open. You’re outrageous man, like no other way to describe it. But you know what? We can chalk that up to passion.

Welcome to our board IRONBIRD. We as a board would like to offer you WildTurks spot as the Iowa fan we like to mess with. jrod65 has the “Iowa fan we all love” so that spot isn’t open. You’re outrageous man, like no other way to describe it. But you know what? We can chalk that up to passion.
TY, not looking to take anyones spot, just looking for some good honest discussions and debates. I love wrestling and mostly everything about it. That being said, it does appear that some "undesirables" have penetrated our ranks. We need to beat them back to wherever it is they came from and move forward!

I will be heading to Thanksgiving festivities so I wish you ALL a very Happy day with FOOD, FAMILY, and FRIENDS!

We will continue on later this evening or possible tomorrow.
Try making it tomorrow instead of tonight if you could. I dont want to miss anything but Thanksgiving night is reserved for my annual naked wrestling tournament against my sloppy fat uncles..

I think you are wrong about the majority of your fans. I obviously have no idea about who posts on here? I have met PSU fans several times at NCAAs and B1Gs. While we certainly had our differences, we also had a good amount of fun as we talked wrestling.

If I find you are correct and only online board type "warriors" post here? Then it would be a sad day for this fan base but I would end the thread. As I said when I started the thread, NO need for you to be on this!!!

If you want to try and make a point about "my ridiculousness"? Please feel free to try in a CIVILIZED MANNER!!! I will debate you on any topic you wish!!!
No. He's right. You are either the world's greatest troll or dumber than a rock. Let's take a poll on that.

I don’t anything to contribute to this thread, but it seems like it will become very interesting. Too bad Spyker isn’t still posting. He and Ironbird would have some pretty colorful dialogue.

why, and how PA become such a powerhouse in wrestling
Became a powerhouse before my time.

My guess is that it is a low cost sport to pursue that appeals to hard working people. Population and demographics of PA helped. Wrestling develops desirable character traits and skills that, in the era of the draft for those likely to have low draft numbers, might pay dividends.

Over time, given all the colleges and universities that have had wrestling in PA, the tradition and greatness accumulated. College wrestlers kept or made roots in PA. Then they paid their passion forward in adulthood.

I mean, I'm a nobody who only wrestled sophomore year of high school, and I was coached by a NWHoF member in the WPIAL with as much enthusiasm as any long time wrestler. We all had to learn wrestling during the year in physical education class during the late 70s/early 80s.

OK
1st topic (This bold print will alert everyone to new topics, another great idea by Sir IRON if you will!)

PA HS Wrestling

I Would guess that no one could argue the dominance of PA when it comes to HS wrestling? The amount of talent coming outa the state is ridiculous. I have some thoughts about it but would certainly like to hear "insiders" views.

To start, it wasn't always like this. We had a local HS team here in NY from back in the day that would wrestle and beat ALL_STAR teams from several states including NJ and PA. This was back in the 40-50s as memory serves me.

My questions would be why, and how PA become such a powerhouse in wrestling. My thoughts now are IRON SHARPENS IRON and you just have to be a stud to wrestle for championships in PA. but what got that started?

Was it the amount of college teams having an effect? Was there great HS coaches and programs that started rivalries? I did hear of the team they called the CEMENT CITY KIDS(would love to get more insight on this in another topic!) for example.

I can not image that they started clubs way back in the day like they have now which is obviously a big part of todays success. Would love to get peoples opinions of how it started, when it started, and how it is going now, which seems to be even greater then before!!!
I’ll engage as I do believe you just play a character in fun on GIA and came here with good intentions.

They’ve been holding the Dapper Dan / Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic since 1975. Typically the best PA high school seniors vs the other 49 states’ (combined) best high school wrestlers.

While team USA owns a 27-19 lead in the series, the fact that team PA is even competitive in it, and that it’s even an event, should point to PA’s high school wrestling dominance.

As part of this event, they also wrestle the WPIAL (the Pittsburgh area high school conference) vs another state’s best. The WPIAL leads others states 29-16. The WPIAL has beaten New York state three times in it.

I can’t speak to PA high school wrestling before the 70s, but I’ve read the sport (folkstyle) dates back to farming fairs where towns had their best wrestlers compete against each other. PA has a very large rural population. Outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, there’s a ton of small farming communities, or at least there were. Maybe the tradition was built from that.

Last edited:
TY, not looking to take anyones spot, just looking for some good honest discussions and debates. I love wrestling and mostly everything about it. That being said, it does appear that some "undesirables" have penetrated our ranks. We need to beat them back to wherever it is they came from and move forward!
WE ARE!

Reactions: mcpat
OK

PA HS Wrestling

TOPIC #2
What gets you most excited about the Hawks program for the next 5 years?

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a man of wealth and taste, been around long long years" now its time for me to share my knowledge over hear!

It has been pointed out to me that I am a pretty famous celebrity over hear possible even well known with the PSU Alumni, coaching staff, wrestlers, and fans. I want to thank you all for this!!!

That being said " I come in piece, but you will LEAVE IN PIECES" if you do not follow the rules!

This thread is created to host good honest debates, and discussions about various topics but mostly WRESTLING! If you do not have any intentions of holding a good solid conversation, then please move on to another thread. We do not need you here or want you here!

Those who are in 100% agreement, you may chime in at anytime. I have plenty of good topics in mind. Training, recruiting, match prep, diet, etc....

Thank you all in advance!!!

OK

PA HS Wrestling

They are called the Konkrete Kids.

Northampton, PA was the world capital of concrete production during the bulk of the 20th century. It was the home of the Atlas Portland Cement company which was the largest of more than a dozen concrete factories in the Lehigh Valley.

My great-grandfather emigrated from Italy with my grandfather to work at one of those factories, Alpha Cement, in Alpha, NJ just across the river from Easton. A whole community of Italians from the province of Ancona emigrated and settled in Phillipsburg and Alpha to work in the factory.

My grandfather used to tell me stories of bringing his father a block of cheese and a quart of home made wine every day for his lunch break until he went to work with him at age 14.

The people of the valley are a tough breed and it has no peer in the country for producing top HS wrestlers in that dense of an area - about two dozen schools. WPIAL may produce more and is just as tough, but they are bigger.

What you may know as a "cowcatcher" is actually a cement mixer. The name should belong to the area that owned the move and made it their own. The rolling cement job and flying cement mixer even more so.

Farmers are tough people but there's probably nobody tougher than the descendants of alcoholic steel and cement workers. It's a crucible that churns (and burns) out great wrestlers.

Last edited:

Northampton, PA was the world capital of concrete production during the bulk of the 20th century. It was the home of the Atlas Portland Cement company which was the largest of more than a dozen concrete factories in the Lehigh Valley.

My great-grandfather emigrated from Italy with my grandfather to work at one of this is those factories, Alpha Cement, in Alpha, NJ just across the river from Easton. A whole community of Italians from the province of Ancona emigrated and settled in Phillipsburg and Alpha to work in the factory.

My grandfather used to tell me stories of bringing his father a block of cheese and a quart of home made wine every day for his lunch break until he went to work with him at age 14.

The people of the valley are a tough breed and it has no peer in the country for producing top HS wrestlers in that dense of an area - about two dozen schools. WPIAL may produce more and is just as tough, but they are bigger.

What you may know as a "cowcatcher" is actually a cement job. The name should be belong to the area that owned the move and made it their own. The flying cement even more so.

Farmers are tough people but there's probably nobody tougher than the descendants of alcoholic steel and cement workers. It's a crucible that churns (and burns) out great wrestlers.
Great post dicemen. This is what I love about this forum; I had no idea about this history of Easton and the surrounding area. And great point about the steel history of the WPIAL.

My great-grandfather emigrated from Italy with my grandfather to work at one of this is those factories, Alpha Cement, in Alpha, NJ just across the river from Easton. A whole community of Italians from the province of Ancona emigrated and settled in Phillipsburg and Alpha to work in the factory.

What you may know as a "cowcatcher" is actually a cement job. The name should be belong to the area that owned the move and made it their own. The flying cement even more so.

Great comment. I’d say elsewhere in the state the coal miners had a big influence in wrestling’s popularity as their kids winning against coworkers and rival mines was a true sense of pride. These families didn’t have much and wore toughness as a badge of honor. Wrestling exemplified this. It may be true of other blue collar communities as well but I speak for district 5/6 areas.

Try making it tomorrow instead of tonight if you could. I dont want to miss anything but Thanksgiving night is reserved for my annual naked wrestling tournament against my sloppy fat uncles..
Gonna have an early day tomorrow, so have to make some quick comments now and maybe tomorrow night.
No. He's right. You are either the world's greatest troll or dumber than a rock. Let's take a poll on that.
Hmmm
@IRONBIRD you seem reasonable here, but you seem like an idiot on GIA….
I defend MY TURF on MY BOARD! I will take no chit over there from ANYONE!!!
Is there a reason your username here is in all caps but over on HR it isnt? LoL
I have no idea?
TOPIC #2
What gets you most excited about the Hawks program for the next 5 years?
I see us gaining some ground and I am looking at our new facility, recent UFC partnership, girls program, and best results maybe of all teams from transfer portal to continue. We beat you 2 years in a row do not forget(counting Covid year) and did so with far less high end recruits.

Once we bring up our level of recruiting to yours, WATCH OUT!!!
And hoping for points on push outs!
There certainly should be a push out like FS!!!
I would like @IRONBIRD to use this opportunity to tell us his life story. Just curious how successful someone has to be to call an Olympic gold medalist, the greatest folkstyle wrestler of all time, and soon to be roundly recognized greatest coach of all time a Krailure.
See, this is a little bit off, sorry!!! Many will use the term "GREATEST" and really have NO idea what they are talking about! IF you want to say greatest in the recent era/ modern era? Maybe OK??? believe me I had nothing but the most respect for his 159-0 official career record. I would even go so far as to say it was impossible!!!

But you have to know the history of wrestling to understand GREATEST! You would know the name Dan Hodge for example, but may not know just how GREAT he was???

As unreal as his feats were, there was even better!!! Please look up ROBIN REED, and then get back to me!

As far as coaching, I do not like what he did to his former great coach! I do not like what he did to his former school! I do not like the reports of how the deal went down for him to come to PSU! That being said, I am not calling anyone any names here on YOUR board. So that means you are a GUEST on the IOWA board. If so, and you post there? Do so with the same respect that I am giving here!!!!

I’ll engage as I do believe you just play a character in fun on GIA and came here with good intentions.

They’ve been holding the Dapper Dan / Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic since 1975. Typically the best PA high school seniors vs the other 49 states’ (combined) best high school wrestlers.

While team USA owns a 27-19 lead in the series, the fact that team PA is even competitive in it, and that it’s even an event, should point to PA’s high school wrestling dominance.

As part of this event, they also wrestle the WPIAL (the Pittsburgh area high school conference) vs another state’s best. The WPIAL leads others states 29-16. The WPIAL has beaten New York state three times in it.

I can’t speak to PA high school wrestling before the 70s, but I’ve read the sport (folkstyle) dates back to farming fairs where towns had their best wrestlers compete against each other. PA has a very large rural population. Outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, there’s a ton of small farming communities, or at least there were. Maybe the tradition was built from that.
GOOD POST!!!

My great-grandfather emigrated from Italy with my grandfather to work at one of those factories, Alpha Cement, in Alpha, NJ just across the river from Easton. A whole community of Italians from the province of Ancona emigrated and settled in Phillipsburg and Alpha to work in the factory.

What you may know as a "cowcatcher" is actually a cement mixer. The name should belong to the area that owned the move and made it their own. The rolling cement job and flying cement mixer even more so.

THIS is what I am here looking for!!!!! Any info you have on this i would love to hear about. I actually have a old VHS tape I pulled out of a wrestling room closet where i coached of the KONKRETE KIDS as you called them correctly. The cement job and all the ways they used it is unreal!

I believe it was the coaches son in the NCAAs that was down big and hit the Cement job for the fall in what I believe is the greatest finals match of all-time! Is tat correct?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Gonna have an early day tomorrow, so have to make some quick comments now and maybe tomorrow night.

Hmmm

I defend MY TURF on MY BOARD! I will take no chit over there from ANYONE!!!

I have no idea?

I see us gaining some ground and I am looking at our new facility, recent UFC partnership, girls program, and best results maybe of all teams from transfer portal to continue. We beat you 2 years in a row do not forget(counting Covid year) and did so with far less high end recruits.

Once we bring up our level of recruiting to yours, WATCH OUT!!!

There certainly should be a push out like FS!!!

See, this is a little bit off, sorry!!! Many will use the term "GREATEST" and really have NO idea what they are talking about! IF you want to say greatest in the recent era/ modern era? Maybe OK??? believe me I had nothing but the most respect for his 159-0 official career record. I would even go so far as to say it was impossible!!!

But you have to know the history of wrestling to understand GREATEST! You would know the name Dan Hodge for example, but may not know just how GREAT he was???

As unreal as his feats were, there was even better!!! Please look up ROBIN REED, and then get back to me!

As far as coaching, I do not like what he did to his former great coach! I do not like what he did to his former school! I do not like the reports of how the deal went down for him to come to PSU! That being said, I am not calling anyone any names here on YOUR board. So that means you are a GUEST on the IOWA board. If so, and you post there? Do so with the same respect that I am giving here!!!!
I'm more respectful to the Iowa program over there, but I'm not 2 faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT