ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone noticed that these new Rivals 5 star videos have several things in common....

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
Most of the players look slow and they all look like they will average 5 flags per play for hands to the face, pass interference, and/or offensive and defensive holding on the same play.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
For someone who constantly decries the relevance of star ratings, you sure do spend a lot of time focused on recruiting...

For someone who constantly decries the relevance of star ratings, you sure do spend a lot of time focused on recruiting...

I love recruiting .... star ratings bought from organizations made up of guys with no creds in a pay for 7 on 7 and back yard one on one exercises that could put one to sleep .... well I find those things rather funny. I also love when the tools doing the videos for the players turn the speed up so many notches that every kid on the field looks like he is running at worst a 4.3 40... I think those are humorous..... slapstick even. I follow recruiting to know the names of the players and a little about them and then to watch them transform at the next level.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I love recruiting .... star ratings bought from organizations made up of guys with no creds in a pay for 7 on 7 and back yard one on one exercises that could put one to sleep .... well I find those things rather funny. I also love when the tools doing the videos for the players turn the speed up so many notches that every kid on the field looks like he is running at worst a 4.3 40... I think those are humorous..... slapstick even. I follow recruiting to know the names of the players and a little about them and then to watch them transform at the next level.
Let me know when recruiting rankings stop statistically predicting results.

They always have. From Sims to Kendra to 3 star Mitch Turbisky.... 5 Star Terrelle Pryor, 5* Anthony Morelli, Just because you pay for it doesn't mean it is worth all that much.

Here ... learn something.
How many five-star QBs panned out over the last 10 years? - Saturday Down South

Define panned out.

Those rankings are for college. So most "panned out".

That being said he said statistically. Statistically stars have been extremely effective predictors.

Ldn

The big boys of college football certainly love those 4 and 5 star recruits. Yeah, recruiting rankings aren't 100%, but they matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT