ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh makes a lot of money.

Just an immense asshole with a horrible personality.

Saban is a A-hole with the media, but one on one he's engaging and can talk football endlessly with anyone ( that's his rep anyway). Same with Belichick, all business in public but well liked by those around him.

Nobody likes Harbaugh after a few years of being around him. He's just an overbearing spaz. Great HC for short periods of time though.
You would take him as your Coach in a heartbeat...the hatred for Harbaugh here is really based from envy.
Michigan has a special Coach that most Penn State fans would love to have. His antics are intended to protect his players, and it seems to be appreciated by his team. Great Coach...great for the Big Ten.

You would take him as your Coach in a heartbeat...the hatred for Harbaugh here is really based from envy.
Michigan has a special Coach that most Penn State fans would love to have. His antics are intended to protect his players, and it seems to be appreciated by his team. Great Coach...great for the Big Ten.

Jimmah says you don't need to defend me like all the ann arbor jimbots...

Yea, he's "special" all right:

Today In Jim Harbaugh Is A Psycho – He Once Dressed In Full Pads And Practiced With The 49ers Because They Were Short On Quarterbacks

Yep, for sure, he's "special", LMFAO:

CONFIRMED: Jim Harbaugh enjoys hunting children for sport

Isn't Jimmah "special"?:

Jim Harbaugh Loves Pro Wrestling So Much He Wants WrestleMania To Take Place At ‘The Big House’

I just meant the original post as a reflection on how much money the big time coaches are moving towards, even in college football. It was not meant as a reflection on Harbaugh himself; more a reflection on how even one of the bluebloods has fallen into the quagmire.
To stay on topic here, I think that salaries across sports are becoming insane. This year's NBA free agent frenzy was absolutely bonkers, with mediocre players getting huge contracts. I haven't quite figured out when that bubble will burst, but I imagine it will be at a point where fans just can't afford to go to games.

Harbaugh's structuring is different, and it's something that will probably be more common in the future, but while I think these coaches deserve a lot of $, it's getting out of control.

To stay on topic here, I think that salaries across sports are becoming insane. This year's NBA free agent frenzy was absolutely bonkers, with mediocre players getting huge contracts. I haven't quite figured out when that bubble will burst, but I imagine it will be at a point where fans just can't afford to go to games.

Harbaugh's structuring is different, and it's something that will probably be more common in the future, but while I think these coaches deserve a lot of $, it's getting out of control.

No, what is "out of control" is Psycho Jimmah's unprofessional and sociopathic behavior and inability to even represent his employer properly DESPITE being paid this type of compensation to do so!!! Also what is "out of control" is that scUM would even employ such a lowlife with a long track-record of misplaced priorities and integrity such sums to REPRESENT their institution and its "values" when due diligence easily demonstrates that Psycho Jimmah is an @sshole and scumbag with questionable "values" and "priorities" based on a tidal wave of experiences with past employers (and players) of this charlatan.

No, what is "out of control" is Psycho Jimmah's unprofessional and sociopathic behavior and inability to even represent his employer properly DESPITE being paid this type of compensation to do so!!! Also what is "out of control" is that scUM would even employ such a lowlife with a long track-record of misplaced priorities and integrity such sums to REPRESENT their institution and its "values" when due diligence easily demonstrates that Psycho Jimmah is an @sshole and scumbag with questionable "values" and "priorities" based on a tidal wave of experiences with past employers (and players) of this charlatan.
Now that is a great post. Multiple parentheses, ALL CAPS, rambling off topic, irony.... Really doesn't get much better than this. "IN OTHER WORDS", pure BODE craziness.

Seriously though, I can't imagine anyone, much less a college football coach, making me so angry. Really strange behavior.

I guess I'm surprised that Michigan went along with the trend at this point. They've never had to do that sort of thing in the past, and they've always held themselves up as being above the hoi polloi of college football.

Again, not trying to be inflammatory for once. JH's salary is really astoundingly high. Michigan could have gotten a very big name coach for less than that.

I guess I'm surprised that Michigan went along with the trend at this point. They've never had to do that sort of thing in the past, and they've always held themselves up as being above the hoi polloi of college football.

Again, not trying to be inflammatory for once. JH's salary is really astoundingly high. Michigan could have gotten a very big name coach for less than that.
I haven't really gotten too much into it, but it's not $9M per year, I think it averages out to like $7M, but $2M of that is this life insurance loan thing, which gets paid back to the university. I haven't looked more into it than that, but it's a strange approach to compensation.

I think a 10-3 campaign in season 1 with hopes for a better year in season 2 shows a pretty good ability to represent his employer. He gets paid to win football games, not win the hearts of psychos like yourself.

Do you think that Michigan folks will be satisfied if he won a lot of games, but lost to Ohio State most of the time? Sort of like John Cooper in reverse? How important is beating Ohio State going to be?

Do you think that Michigan folks will be satisfied if he won a lot of games, but lost to Ohio State most of the time? Sort of like John Cooper in reverse? How important is beating Ohio State going to be?
No Michigan coach is going to survive a bunch of losses to OSU. He's got his work cut out for him there, since Meyer had the head start, but he will be expected to win those games.

And this likely comes off as homerism, but we were without an insanely crucial piece of our DL last year which was a huge reason for the beatdown. We lost one nose tackle to a broken ankle in the preseason, and then lost our other nose tackle during the Indiana game (I think?) to a torn bicep. But if you look at the numbers last year, our rush d went WAY downhill as soon as Glasgow went out. He was crucial to our our defensive system and keeping the linebackers clean to make plays. Both are back this year, so assuming they're healthy during OSU week, we won't get the ball shoved down our throats again.

Assuming Harbaugh can recruit similarly to Meyer, it will be coaching vs coaching. Should be interesting, but nobody in Big Ten right now has OSU's level of talent. Not even close.

Assuming Harbaugh can recruit similarly to Meyer, it will be coaching vs coaching. Should be interesting, but nobody in Big Ten right now has OSU's level of talent. Not even close.

Yet MSU beat them. Meyer shat the bed in that game and for such a great coach that seems to happen once or twice a season. He usually pulls them out, but not always.

Agreed, I think we're getting closer with guys like Peppers and Gary, along with Peters and McCaffery at QB, and the bevy of 5 stars we're in on (obviously won't land them all, but have a good chance to land a few) but as I said before, we're playing catch-up right now.

Agreed, I think we're getting closer with guys like Peppers and Gary, along with Peters and McCaffery at QB, and the bevy of 5 stars we're in on (obviously won't land them all, but have a good chance to land a few) but as I said before, we're playing catch-up right now.

Peppers is the one guy on your team that is a man amongst boys, but he's a junior, right? I imagine he'll go to the NFL after this year.

Peppers is the one guy on your team that is a man amongst boys, but he's a junior, right? I imagine he'll go to the NFL after this year.
Yeah he's technically a redshirt sophomore this year, but as far as draft eligibility, he's a junior. If he has a monster year, I can see him going. Sucks to only get 2 years out of him, but the man is a beast and I wouldn't blame him for going pro. Early returns on Rashan Gary are very positive. Another monster, and one that Rivals analysts consider one of the best prospects they've ever rated.

We have a "Peppers light" guy in Khaleke Hudson who is really showing out in practice, but he hasn't had an opportunity to show what he can do on the field yet. With the success we have had with Jourdan Lewis, it helped us land David Long and LaVert Hill last year, and we have a great shot to land Darnay Holmes this year. Between hiring arguably the top DC in the country and bringing in some great defensive talent, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Considering how PUTRID BC's offense was, it is unbelievable what Don Brown was able to do with that defense. Here's hoping he can do the same for us.

Regrettably we know all about Hudson and Hill. Most of us knew Hill was not going to stick, but Hudson was unfortunate.

Regrettably we know all about Hudson and Hill. Most of us knew Hill was not going to stick, but Hudson was unfortunate.
Ah, yes, sorry, it wasn't meant as a dig.

The consensus on Hudson is "I can't believe more schools weren't after this guy"

He blew up his senior year. Before then he was viewed as a good but not great prospect, and his size suggested he was a tweener. Without wanting to get into a debate with others here, I think our staff took him for granted.

He blew up his senior year. Before then he was viewed as a good but not great prospect, and his size suggested he was a tweener. Without wanting to get into a debate with others here, I think our staff took him for granted.
A couple guys who formerly worked for The Wolverine were not very high on him. Their biggest problem was his size, but every once in a while you're going to come across a Bob Sanders or Troy Polamalu type player where size is not holding them back. He still has to prove he can do it, but he definitely has a nose for the football.

Someone posting on this topic needs some of that.

Yea, the supposed-adult scUM coach who hunts down and repeatedly shoots a 10 year old in a game of laser tag so he can "win" his bachelor-party laser-tag game over his friends doesn't need any PROZAC.....whatever you say there scUM douche-bag LMFAO!

Yea, the supposed-adult scUM coach who hunts down and repeatedly shoots a 10 year old in a game of laser tag so he can "win" his bachelor-party laser-tag game over his friends doesn't need any PROZAC.....whatever you say there scUM douche-bag LMFAO!
I'm sorry, the acronym "LMFAO" is reserved for children under the age of 12. Please choose adult words.

Really? A laser tag story?
VD2kLKk.gif

Reactions: Go M&B

Losing to Tosu got lloyd carr run out of ann arbor. The guy who won their one national championship in 50 years got run out of town for losing to Tosu.

Losing to Tosu got lloyd carr run out of ann arbor. The guy who won their one national championship in 50 years got run out of town for losing to Tosu.
Run out? It is a fact that LC wanted to retire a year earlier than he did but the AD convinced him to stay for one more season. Love how some of you read a headline or message board post and pass it along as fact.

Last edited:
Uninformed post.

Lloyd wanted to retire after the 2006 season and was begged to come back for 1 more. Even with that happening, we still had no replacement ready to go, and RichRod was hired on a whim.

I know the general uninformed consensus is that he was run out, but anyone who knows anything about these people, it couldn't be further from the truth.

And yet he can't even give simple answers to which players missed the team photo, which 2 players are suspended, why the players are suspended (were they b1g or NCAA mandated suspensions?) and how long are the suspensions for??? Hard to believe a $9 million per year coach can't answer these simple questions at a formal preseason Press Conference where this type of information is routinely discussed.....scUM and it's administrators should be so proud for promoting and compensating this type of ridiculous and disgraceful behavior from their representative.
lol

"Coach Paterno would rather we NOT inform the public when a football player is found responsible for committing a serious violation of the law and/or our student code," she wrote, "despite any moral or legal obligation to do so."

Dr. Triponey ended her note by asking Mr. Curley and Mr. Spanier if these were accurate impressions of Mr. Paterno's views—and whether they shared them.

Email from then-athletic director Tim Curley to the school's then-chief disciplinarian Vicky Triponey.
Mr. Curley's response, also reviewed by the Journal, was sent three days later and was copied to Mr. Spanier. "I think your summary is accurate," it said.

Bushwood, above you wrote that Harbaugh not answering simple questions is ridiculous and disgraceful. Was Paterno disgraceful back in the day for how he handled team violations?
With all due respect, GoM&B, my daughter was a student at Penn State during Vickey's reign of terror. The students hated her. She muzzled dissent by censoring the student radio station. She also ran a kangaroo court, where students could accept punishment without a hearing, or worse punishment if they wanted that hearing.
http://safeguardoldstate.org/the-vicky-triponey-timeline-of-terror/

With all due respect, GoM&B, my daughter was a student at Penn State during Vickey's reign of terror. The students hated her. She muzzled dissent by censoring the student radio station. She also ran a kangaroo court, where students could accept punishment without a hearing, or worse punishment if they wanted that hearing.
I'm not doubting that she was crazy or mean or anything, but this is precisely how courts in the US work, hence the term "plea deal." Not sure what makes that a kangaroo court.

I'm not doubting that she was crazy or mean or anything, but this is precisely how courts in the US work, hence the term "plea deal." Not sure what makes that a kangaroo court.
There would be a predetermined outcome BEFORE a student had even a hearing. Students were presumed guilty. You like that?

All of that very well may be true. I have no reason to doubt it. But I think my point still stands in that Paterno wasn't up front with the public at times. That seems to be backed by triponey, curly and paterno's own words.

And, fwiw, it's not a criticism of paterno at all. More of a response to BODE screaming like a 4 year old that the public deserves the right to know why 2 UM football players are suspended.

Reactions: EPC FAN

Really? Have you been a Michigan fan longer than a couple of years? Do you know anything about college football? Assuming that you do, then you know Penn State's legacy of how all their coaches carry themselves in all sports and you have to know Penn State would not hire nor would they tolerate his behavior if they did hire him. Contrary to popular belief, Penn State is not just interested in winning games....as a fan, sometimes this attitude can be frustrating.

All of that very well may be true. I have no reason to doubt it. But I think my point still stands in that Paterno wasn't up front with the public at times. That seems to be backed by triponey, curly and paterno's own words.

And, fwiw, it's not a criticism of paterno at all. More of a response to BODE screaming like a 4 year old that the public deserves the right to know why 2 UM football players are suspended.
That idiot is a total embarrassment to the university, and the fan base.
I think it is a sure thing that old timer coaches like Joe, Bo, Woody, and Bear would much prefer to administer their own discipline. Joe clashed with Triponey over it. He felt like 50 plus years of experience with testosterone laden young men, gave him that right. She felt differently.

Reactions: Go M&B
I said he was a great coach for 3 seasons and then his personality starts alienate everyone around him.

It's happened everywhere he's been. I'm not making it up.

Really? Have you been a Michigan fan longer than a couple of years? Do you know anything about college football? Assuming that you do, then you know Penn State's legacy of how all their coaches carry themselves in all sports and you have to know Penn State would not hire nor would they tolerate his behavior if they did hire him. Contrary to popular belief, Penn State is not just interested in winning games....as a fan, sometimes this attitude can be frustrating.
This is a remarkable post. So let me get this straight...Penn State is a more upstanding institution than the University of Michigan? As a Michigan Law School grad, I am pretty comfortable saying we pride ourselves on winning the right way. Do I know anything about college football? LOL Do you know anything period?
...Michigan does it the right way...and I would bet most PSU fans/grads would agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT