ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh makes a lot of money.

I said he was a great coach for 3 seasons and then his personality starts alienate everyone around him.

It's happened everywhere he's been. I'm not making it up.
Can you please explain yourself in more detail?
Head Coach at USan Diego...turned a winless team into a 12 win team in three years...interviews with Stanford and accepts a big opportunity...turns a bad Stanford team into an Orange Bowl Champ in 4 years...San Francisco 49ers want to interview him/ a dream opportunity to Coach a legendary NFL franchise...Harbaugh accepts the Niners job and brings the Niners Super Bowl in three short years.
I guess you could say he "alienated" himself from SF management...but please tell me about this "everywhere" of which you speak.

Reactions: Go M&B
This is a remarkable post. So let me get this straight...Penn State is a more upstanding institution than the University of Michigan? As a Michigan Law School grad, I am pretty comfortable saying we pride ourselves on winning the right way. Do I know anything about college football? LOL Do you know anything period?
...Michigan does it the right way...and I would bet most PSU fans/grads would agree.

We thought that about Michigan until they hired Harbaugh...which is exactly my point. And if you pride yourself so much on winning the right way then you should be the first person to complain about a coach that's out in public acting like a complete ass...but let me guess, it's okay because he wins. Point made.

We thought that about Michigan until they hired Harbaugh...which is exactly my point. And if you pride yourself so much on winning the right way then you should be the first person to complain about a coach that's out in public acting like a complete ass...but let me guess, it's okay because he wins. Point made.
Acting like a complete ass? Because he is short with the media, protecting his team and players by keeping this in house? Is he crooked? Does he cheat? He has a different personality, I guess he is guilty of that...but if he weren't representing the University with ethics and dignity, he wouldn't be our Coach. The University of Michigan prides itself on being one of the preeminent Institutions in the world and that continues. I'll tell you why you don't like him...he is a winner and as long as he is Michigans head Coach, you will have a difficult time beating him. You wouldn't be posting on this site if winning wasn't important to you. Point made.

Last edited:
Acting like a complete ass? Because he is short with the media, protecting his team and players by keeping this in house? Is he crooked? Does he cheat? ...I'll tell you why you don't like him...he is a winner and as long as he is Michigans head Coach, you will have a difficult time beating him. Point made.

Sleepovers, tree climbing, shirtless at a camp... I don't really care that he was short with the media, although he could have handled it better. The guy is a narcissist and an attention whore. I don't like him because he's an ass...I have no problem with Saban and he's a bigger winner. I have no problem with a lot of coaches that are winners but they don't act like idiots and make everything about themselves. So apparently anyone that doesn't like Harbaugh is just jealous because he's a winner...please.

Sleepovers, tree climbing, shirtless at a camp... I don't really care that he was short with the media, although he could have handled it better. The guy is a narcissist and an attention whore. I don't like him because he's an ass...I have no problem with Saban and he's a bigger winner. I have no problem with a lot of coaches that are winners but they don't act like idiots and make everything about themselves. So apparently anyone that doesn't like Harbaugh is just jealous because he's a winner...please.
So let me understand this...you think Saban is a better representative of his University than JH?
The social media spotlight is clouding your judgment. Harbaugh is a good coach and a better person.
And with regard to the Saban comparison...Harbaugh has so much more integrity and it's not close. I believe he will win and win the right way. If playing a shirt v skins pickup football game makes him a poor representation of Michigan, then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I prefer to believe all the PSU vitriol toward JH is based on the fact that he is in your way.

So let me understand this...you think Saban is a better representative of his University than JH?
The social media spotlight is clouding your judgment. Harbaugh is a good coach and a better person.
And with regard to the Saban comparison...Harbaugh has so much more integrity and it's not close. I believe he will win and win the right way. If playing a shirt v skins pickup football game makes him a poor representation of Michigan, then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I prefer to believe all the PSU vitriol toward JH is based on the fact that he is in your way.

You act like only PSU fans hate Harbaugh. Good luck finding too many people outside of Ann Arbor who like him. He rubs people the wrong way because he's an ass, not because he wins. Why do you need people to like him? You're on another team's message board espousing about the greatness that is Jim Harbaugh. He may be a good coach, he may win, but he acts like a fool and is embarrassing. Even if you did manage to change my mind, within a month he would do something stupid and change it back. And Penn State has more than just Harbaugh to worry about...Meyer and Dantonio are much bigger worries.

You act like only PSU fans hate Harbaugh. Good luck finding too many people outside of Ann Arbor who like him. He rubs people the wrong way because he's an ass, not because he wins. Why do you need people to like him? You're on another team's message board espousing about the greatness that is Jim Harbaugh. He may be a good coach, he may win, but he acts like a fool and is embarrassing. Even if you did manage to change my mind, within a month he would do something stupid and change it back. And Penn State has more than just Harbaugh to worry about...Meyer and Dantonio are much bigger worries.
I don't need people to like him. But that isn't the point...your allegations were not about "liking" Harbaugh. You have insinuated that Michigan has compromised its reputation by the hiring. All of this with no basis whatsoever. But a nice attempt to wriggle off the hook. As for being on your board, I enjoy the PSU perspective on many topics. As far as your "worries", I won't compare but... Harbaugh and Michigan are quite formidable.

Can you please explain yourself in more detail?
Head Coach at USan Diego...turned a winless team into a 12 win team in three years...interviews with Stanford and accepts a big opportunity...turns a bad Stanford team into an Orange Bowl Champ in 4 years...San Francisco 49ers want to interview him/ a dream opportunity to Coach a legendary NFL franchise...Harbaugh accepts the Niners job and brings the Niners Super Bowl in three short years.
I guess you could say he "alienated" himself from SF management...but please tell me about this "everywhere" of which you speak.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/3/5465588/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ugh-story-is-real-49ers-players-want-him-out/

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/12/jim_harbaughs_way_might_be_abr.html

If you want to believe he walks on water and can do no wrong, go ahead. He'll be somewhere else in 5 years tops.

Last edited:
I don't need people to like him. But that isn't the point...your allegations were not about "liking" Harbaugh. You have insinuated that Michigan has compromised its reputation by the hiring. All of this with no basis whatsoever. But a nice attempt to wriggle off the hook. As for being on your board, I enjoy the PSU perspective on many topics. As far as your "worries", I won't compare but... Harbaugh and Michigan are quite formidable.

I didn't insinuate, I said it, but not because of Harbaugh doing anything illegal, just embarrassing th university and not representing the institution very well. He doesn't think beyond himself when he does sh!t, so he really doesn't care about how he's representing the university. I don't know how you can call that trying to "wriggle off the hook". I stand behind my statement that Harbaugh's an ass and I will stand behind that even after he goes back to the NFL.

I didn't insinuate, I said it, but not because of Harbaugh doing anything illegal, just embarrassing th university and not representing the institution very well. He doesn't think beyond himself when he does sh!t, so he really doesn't care about how he's representing the university. I don't know how you can call that trying to "wriggle off the hook". I stand behind my statement that Harbaugh's an ass and I will stand behind that even after he goes back to the NFL.
...or so you hope. Yes, play that NFL card...whatever helps you sleep at night.

So you say "everywhere" and then point to 3 articles about his time with the 49ers?

And Deion Sanders is an idiot, and ran with a story that Baalke and York were trying to spread.

Last edited:
Reactions: spoke8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT