ADVERTISEMENT

Hack to the Eagles

Good for him but the Eagles already have 3 QB’s so unless someone gets hurt, he will have a hard time making the active roster once the season starts.

I hope this helps him find a home, but as an Eagles fan I hope it's elsewhere. They may have the best QB room in the league as it is- why screw with that? I think he's a camp arm for them, maybe he can show enough to get another look from somebody.

I hope this helps him find a home, but as an Eagles fan I hope it's elsewhere. They may have the best QB room in the league as it is- why screw with that? I think he's a camp arm for them, maybe he can show enough to get another look from somebody.
If you don't believe Hack can win a spot on the Eagles roster, you should try these on for size...they always work for me :)
rose-colored-glasses.jpg

Hackenberg had a guaranteed $1.6 million signing bonus, as a 2nd rounder.

Not sure of his yearly totals, but in 2017 he got some decent money as a backup, if the report is accurate.

Salary: $661,832 USD (2017)
It’s not the big time NFL numbers that are out there, but at 22 years old, it’s not too shabby.

Hope “Hack” can continue to be signed and useful for NFL teams for some time to come.

Reactions: diggerpup
They just need him to take reps in practice and play some preseason games so Foles doesn’t get injured before Wentz returns. But it’s another chance, and hopefully he can make a good impression for a team to pick him up. No one thought that McGloin would last as long as he did. Remember the Eagles had him play a lot in preseason last year while Foles was injured and then they cut him in favor of Foles just before the season began. I expect history will repeat itself here.

Maybe they are not happy with Sudfeld - he looked terrible.
Did not see game, only the stats. Was your post sarcadtic or an honest evaluation?

I read 10-14 140 yards, 2TD's and 2ints... 103+ QB rating. 2-5 on rushes.

Again, didn't see game so honest question.

Reactions: wbcincy
I can’t blame Hack. If you can get a team to bring you on and make league minimum, it’s an incredible salary and continued top level experience in management and leadership. I don’t think for a second he’ll stick, but no reason he should stop trying until that door is slammed in his face.

I wonder what the NFL pension rules are like. Although he didn't play for the Jets he was on the team for two years so I think that counts as two years of service. In addition to making nice money now (in terms of regular folks, not NFL stars), sticking longer in the NFL even as a clipboard holder may pay via a pension down the road.

Hack still needs another credited season (3+ games on the 53-man roster) to qualify for the pension.

Did not see game, only the stats. Was your post sarcadtic or an honest evaluation?

I read 10-14 140 yards, 2TD's and 2ints... 103+ QB rating. 2-5 on rushes.

Again, didn't see game so honest question.
I thought he played pretty well for qb3. Made a mistake on the first INT, but the second looked like the WR messed up.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
fc.....
The Eagles signed Christian Hackenberg on Sunday and the quarterback said Monday that it was tough to be at home while training camps got going around the league this summer.

Hackenberg worked out for the Patriots and Texans, but had been unemployed since the Raiders cut him in June. He landed in Oakland via a trade with the Jets, who took Hackenberg in the second round of the 2016 draft and never played him in a regular season game.

That history doesn’t foreshadow big success in the quarterback’s future and coming in late to a team that has four other quarterbacks doesn’t do anything to change that outlook, although Hackenberg isn’t focusing on that aspect as he gets started in Philly.

“It’s my opportunity, whenever that comes, whatever this is,” Hackenberg said, via NBC Sports Philadelphia. “I assume they signed me for a reason, so I’m just going to come in and give it everything I have in terms of picking it up and trying to push myself and learning as much as I am mentally and taking that on and also making sure I stay up on everything physically. It’s going to be tough, but again it’s a challenge that I’m excited for. It’s better than sitting on the couch.”

Hackenberg has been working with quarterback coach Jeff Christensen in hopes of cleaning up his footwork and other mechanics. Hackenberg will probably not get a lot of chances to show off the fruits of that labor while with the Eagles, but it’s a chance and that’s enough for Hackenberg to predict he’ll be “enjoying every minute of it.”

fc.....
The Eagles signed Christian Hackenberg on Sunday and the quarterback said Monday that it was tough to be at home while training camps got going around the league this summer.

Hackenberg worked out for the Patriots and Texans, but had been unemployed since the Raiders cut him in June. He landed in Oakland via a trade with the Jets, who took Hackenberg in the second round of the 2016 draft and never played him in a regular season game.

That history doesn’t foreshadow big success in the quarterback’s future and coming in late to a team that has four other quarterbacks doesn’t do anything to change that outlook, although Hackenberg isn’t focusing on that aspect as he gets started in Philly.

“It’s my opportunity, whenever that comes, whatever this is,” Hackenberg said, via NBC Sports Philadelphia. “I assume they signed me for a reason, so I’m just going to come in and give it everything I have in terms of picking it up and trying to push myself and learning as much as I am mentally and taking that on and also making sure I stay up on everything physically. It’s going to be tough, but again it’s a challenge that I’m excited for. It’s better than sitting on the couch.”

Hackenberg has been working with quarterback coach Jeff Christensen in hopes of cleaning up his footwork and other mechanics. Hackenberg will probably not get a lot of chances to show off the fruits of that labor while with the Eagles, but it’s a chance and that’s enough for Hackenberg to predict he’ll be “enjoying every minute of it.”
Good for him. Keep learning and growing and hopefully something with click for him. It's not like he lacks the physical gifts. I've watched more than a few super bowls and pro bowls with guys who didn't have it right out of college.

Reactions: PSUfiji
No school craps on their own like Penn State fans.

I respect Hack and home he makes a team, but there aren't too many other active former PSU players that take a lot of crap from PSU fans.

Think Hack was a little immature throwing others under the bus on his way out of Happy Valley after the Taxslayer Bowl. Think that rubbed some people the wrong way.

I respect Hack and home he makes a team, but there aren't too many other active former PSU players that take a lot of crap from PSU fans.

Think Hack was a little immature throwing others under the bus on his way out of Happy Valley after the Taxslayer Bowl. Think that rubbed some people the wrong way.

The only thing Hack did was leave out Franklin when he thanked people. That's not throwing people under the bus. Donovan Smith threw Franklin under the bus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT