ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden is done

Reactions: BobPSU92
DeMaurice Smith and the PA are filing to have ALL of the 650,000+ emails published.

Doubt Gruden is the only one that made bad remarks. Might be the highest profile to call Goodell a *aggo* though.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown
So your post was about "young people" in general? Black, white, yellow and brown young people? How many white young people do you see running around "saying the N word over and over again in their 'music?' " In my experience, it is almost exclusively black folks using the N word in their music. Eminem, Macklemore, Machine Gun Kelly, and Post Malone are all white, but they are in a very small minority when compared to the number of black rappers. And they are (quite understandably) somewhat sparing in their use of the N word.

Whites may well use the N word in private conversation (I have no doubt they DO in your circle of friends), but that is something entirely different. Color me skeptical that you were referring to anything other than black young people.

Again, you conveniently didn’t address the part about shooting cops. But hey. You’re from California where you rich guys from Lafayette all have your own private security. So I guess that’s no concern of yours.

Since you bring it up, i haven’t heard a White guy use the N word in probably two years. The last time was in a barber shop and the whole room got quiet. Before that, I literally can’t remember the last time I heard a White guy say it. It must be more common around sheltered White communities like Lafayette.

Cracks me up that I talk about all the rap music we have to listen to all the time in the gym, but you think only old White guys go there. You must have missed the part where I said all the old Black guys hate it too.

As I said in an earlier post. All us old geezers (ooops……was I just insensitive to myself) would prefer stuff like Four Tops and Beach Boys. 🙂

Oh good, you're talking for an entire race of people. Good job whitey.
The biggest threat to western civilization is people the profess to speak for everyone. it is, actually, the antithesis of "inclusiveness" in and of itself.

DeMaurice Smith and the PA are filing to have ALL of the 650,000+ emails published.

Doubt Gruden is the only one that made bad remarks. Might be the highest profile to call Goodell a *aggo* though.
Oh snap! You have to think some others are going to come out looking really bad, losing their positions.

Reactions: BBrown
None of these things that I would answer yes to would get a person fired from any job.

You've laughed at a holocaust joke? Is there even such a thing?

Did you ever call someone a "f*gg*t" in a professional email?
LOL, doesn't everyone do that? :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant Green
To all of you guys who are having to talk to your therapists about the trauma reading Gruden's emails caused you, maybe you should watch this. Could help you understand a bit about how non-beta males talk to each other.

How could we forget about the "It's just locker room talk" defense?! Wonder if Clint also brags about grabbing women in the pussy.

Oddly I find myself wanting to defend the guy. He’s always been fairly entertaining and a pretty decent football coach. But at the end of the day in all of my years I’ve never written an email anywhere close to what she’s written. Even in my worst days of anger so I would never go to that far. So why should I defend him? So I am not. I suspect the man has anger problems. And I suspect that if you knew his wife or wives there would be some complaints of anger. But that’s fully speculation on my part. I just have no idea why you would put into writing those kinds of feelings unless you were so blinded by anger that you could not think straight
I suspect he's a dinosaur who refuses to evolve, even a little bit.

Oh how the self righteous preen and strut.

Have you ever made a joke about someone’s appearance?

Have you ever taken something that someone else needed?

Have you ever denied a bum the change he asked you to give?

Have you ever called someone a bum?

Have you laughed at a crude joke?

Have you made rude comments about a woman’s appearance?

Have you ever enjoyed the harm done to others?

Have you ever slowed down to look at an auto accident?

How about laughing at someone taking a fall?

How about judging someone by their appearance?

Did you ever laugh at a priest and altar boy joke?

Did you ever laugh at a holocaust joke?

Did you ever question someone’s sexuality?

Did you ever say, “Some of my best friends are ....”

Ever laugh at a racial stereotype joke?

Did you ever toss a prostitute off a bridge?

Well, I have done all those things, except the last one. Still, the day is young, so who knows?

So you perfect types can toss your stones.

As for me I’m old enough to accept we are all hypocrits to some extent and what we keep private is quite different from what we engage in publicly.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner of the most irrelevant post in the thread.

The funniest thing is he wanted to cancel all players that dared to take a knee for a cause they believed in like he was some GD moral authority. You know it's they hypocrisy.... as someone ironically pointed out above.

Reactions: BBrown
He should have "evolved" to fit in to today's landscape, and claimed he was struggling with his mental health. Then all would have been forgiven by the woke mob, and he'd still be the Raiders head coach.

Agreed...20 years ago, power brokers got stuff done by being bullies. They'd just rant at you and if you were offended, so bit it. Times have changed. People have a hard time catching up. I just had to explain, to a co-worker who is probably 40-ish what the pronouns are for on LinkedIn.

I sued a previous employer. The case took over two years. They went through four years of email with a team of people. I know because one of them called me after the case was concluded. He told me that they were shocked at how clean my emails were. Four years, not a single negative comment on anyone. They also went through my expense reports. Nothing.

I agree there is no defense. My only beef is the unequal application of the rules.
Obli: Your experience shows just how "forever" e-mails really ARE. I'm glad they weren't able to use your e-mails against you.

Reactions: Obliviax
He should have "evolved" to fit in to today's landscape, and claimed he was struggling with his mental health. Then all would have been forgiven by the woke mob, and he'd still be the Raiders head coach.
Genius. It is he who is the victim. he was forced to be that way by the times and the powers that he reported to.

Obli: Your experience shows just how "forever" e-mails really ARE. I'm glad they weren't able to use your e-mails against you.
thanks...I understood emails. Most people don't, and still don't.

Fact is, the other side claimed that had an attachment to an email where a co-worker lit me up. They sent the email two weeks before trial (after years). It bothered me because it was a friend. After a couple of sleepless nights, it occurred to me that the sentence structure and tone of the email was drastically different from the attachment (written by the same person). I hired a digital forensic expert and informed them I wanted access to the server. they said they would fight that but they already introduced the email and attachment as evidence. I told them that if I won discovery and found that it was NOT the right attachment, I'd be pressing criminal charges.

They collapsed the next week.

Agreed...20 years ago, power brokers got stuff done by being bullies. They'd just rant at you and if you were offended, so bit it. Times have changed. People have a hard time catching up. I just had to explain, to a co-worker who is probably 40-ish what the pronouns are for on LinkedIn.
Interesting you bring up the pronouns. I can't say I totally understand it, and I'm working on that. I've talked to my wife and my 19 year old girl as they are more informed. I'm not saying it's easy to grasp and understand, but I do see the need to respect it. At least I'm making an effort. That's a lot more than most folks here.

Has Nassib posted or said anything about gruden since this blew up?
If he has any sense, he will just endeavor to say as little as possible. Why would he want to speak up and join Gruden in the middle of what amounts to a public punching machine?

Reactions: LaJollaLion
If he has any sense, he will just endeavor to say as little as possible. Why would he want to speak up and join Gruden in the middle of what amounts to a public punching machine?
Agree. He doesn't need to say a word. It's not his battle and nor should he bother dealing with an antiquated way of thinking.

Look at a lot of his past posts. Rude, arrogant, vulgar, opinionated, confrontational, and more. I swear he is really Donald Trump posting under a pseudonym! Hard to see any difference at all.....😂
Not looking to make friends or to lead you anywhere. Kinda knew the quality of a lot of folks here a long time ago. I am not dependent upon folks here to make a living, or to salve my ego, or for anything. Funny how snow-flakey you guys get. If I cared what you thought I would govern myself accordingly. It is not like I am trying to hold onto a $10 million a year job based on how much you like me or trust me.

Interesting you bring up the pronouns. I can't say I totally understand it, and I'm working on that. I've talked to my wife and my 19 year old girl as they are more informed. I'm not saying it's easy to grasp and understand, but I do see the need to respect it. At least I'm making an effort. That's a lot more than most folks here.
I'm liberal, but I gotta admit that I can't do the pronouns thing. If someone wants to claim they are "non-binary" and start using "they" and "them" instead of "he/she" or "his/her," I am not gonna complain about it, but I don't feel any particular inclination to address such a person as "they" and "them." Unless, perhaps, that person can establish their status as a hermaphrodite. Mea culpa. Maybe my position on that will change with time. :cool:

I'm liberal, but I gotta admit that I can't do the pronouns thing. If someone wants to claim they are "non-binary" and start using "they" and "them" instead of "he/she" or "his/her," I am not gonna complain about it, but I don't feel any particular inclination to address such a person as "they" and "them." Unless, perhaps, that person can establish their status as a hermaphrodite. Mea culpa. Maybe my position on that will change with time. :cool:
Positively Gruden-esque.

Hey, I don't make the rules. I just laugh at them.

None of these things that I would answer yes to would get a person fired from any job.

I like crude jokes, the darker the better.

Then again, I’m a man and not some finger pointing snowflake.

I have done just about everything a person could do to offend someone. Not proud of it, but I lived what could be called a full life.

Experience tells me the finger pointers among us have many things they hide.

I would not sit my son down and review all the evil I have done, it would take too long. At the same time I think my son knows I’m a good man, I fail, I try to do better, and that’s what I ask of him. Life works that way.

A man does not judge others by a few acts or by what he does or says in private. Keep the hypocrisy as limited as you can, but it is necessary if the world is going to function.

Reactions: Ski and NoBareFeet
Our daughter listens carefully and let's us know if we've trangressed. She told me the other day that I've shown improvement and am not helpless after all. They is my go to.

I like crude jokes, the darker the better.

Then again, I’m a man and not some finger pointing snowflake.

I have done just about everything a person could do to offend someone. Not proud of it, but I lived what could be called a full life.

Experience tells me the finger pointers among us have many things they hide.

I would not sit my son down and review all the evil I have done, it would take too long. At the same time I think my son knows I’m a good man, I fail, I try to do better, and that’s what I ask of him. Life works that way.

A man does not judge others by a few acts or by what he does or says in private. Keep the hypocrisy as limited as you can, but it is necessary if the world is going to function.
Thanks for not addressing any of my points.
Again, you don't get fired/cancelled for liking crude jokes. You're initial post was beyond irrelevant.

Oh, I have laughed at many holocaust, slavery, death, ethnic and other humor.

As for ******, I may not have used it in emails, but I have used it.

Thanks for not addressing any of my points.
Again, you don't get fired/cancelled for liking crude jokes. You're initial post was beyond irrelevant.

I have not posted a single word about the Gruden firing.

I do find all the righteous indignation and finger pointing ridiculous. I have to wonder how many of these cancel culture warriors would suvive a review of their private communications or an IRS audit?

Umm I don't think your post is making the case for you that you think it is.:rolleyes:
I’m not trying to “make a case “ for myself.

Im the first to admit I’m fully capable of the worst. You won’t see me delight in the destruction of others as Some on here do. But hey, that’s me.

If my employer checked my computer use at work I’m sure we would have an interesting discussion. Just the views on this site of women, music, and politics would be enough for sanction.

Then again, my employer knows me and values me. He would not act like a little ***** like you.

I’m not trying to “make a case “ for myself.

Im the first to admit I’m fully capable of the worst. You won’t see me delight in the destruction of others as Some on here do. But hey, that’s me.

If my employer checked my computer use at work I’m sure we would have an interesting discussion. Just the views on this site of women, music, and politics would be enough for sanction.

Then again, my employer knows me and values me. He would not act like a little bitch like you.
I was just making fun of you. I thought that was ok? Seems your skin isn't as thick as you claim.

Reactions: Franklinstheman
I was just making fun of you. I thought that was ok? Seems your skin isn't as thick as you claim.
I’m sorry, I did not intend to hurt your feelings.

While I’m at it I am sorry to all Asians.

Im sorry to that girl in eleventh grade.

Im sorry to the Democrats.

Im sorry to that kid at the drivethru.

Im sorry to my Polish neighbors.

Im sorry to anyone I left out, there are just too many of you.

I’m sorry, I did not intend to hurt your feelings.

While I’m at it I am sorry to all Asian.

Im sorry to that girl in eleventh grade.

Im sorry to the Democrats.

Im sorry to that kid at the drivethru.

Im sorry to my Polish neighbors.

Im sorry to anyone I left out, there are just too many of you.
Didn't hurt my feelings. You were the one that got all super defensive and are now tripling down on being a snowflake.

Reactions: demlion
I have not posted a single word about the Gruden firing.

I do find all the righteous indignation and finger pointing ridiculous. I have to wonder how many of these cancel culture warriors would suvive a review of their private communications or an IRS audit?
Pssst. This thread is all about the Gruden ordeal. Context dude, context.
Perhaps you should go to the test board and start a thread on your general feelings about cancel culture.

• Haha
Reactions: MohawkLion
Not looking to make friends or to lead you anywhere. Kinda knew the quality of a lot of folks here a long time ago. I am not dependent upon folks here to make a living, or to salve my ego, or for anything. Funny how snow-flakey you guys get. If I cared what you thought I would govern myself accordingly. It is not like I am trying to hold onto a $10 million a year job based on how much you like me or trust me.
Interesting. So in a business setting that affects your income you are a gentleman, a professional, and one that is accepting of other opinions. But here you can be the arrogant, opinionated, rude, angry, elitist, self absorbed person you really are. Here is the one place the true demlion can shine! I swear you really are Donald Trump.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT