ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden is done

First, I can see why YOU wouldn't. He's your pastor. Lol.

The pronoun thing is kinds new, and not something I ever thought about much til recently. Also not particularly easy, since we have learned to look at a person's name or face and supply our own pronoun accordingly, and when the signals say "he"we supply "he." Long haired little boys and short-haired girls, especially, can trick us, too.

They, for an individual, is as grammatically improper as "it," though perhaps less dehumanizing. But that's grammar, not human rights.

Before we know the gender of a baby we say "it!" We even say "it's a boy!"
They and them are much more fluid pronouns. Like "it," "they" 8covers non-human entities like cars. "I like Toyota trucks. They run forever."

I do not know how I am going to learn to speak in the format of "I like Bob. They are really nice." That discomfort on my part has nothing to do with violating my rights, though.
Hopefully we can keep this full blown insanity confined to California and Oregon where it belongs. People are really effed up these days.

This has one of the first quotes from the emails I’ve seen.

Sorry it’s from Hill’s twitter…

giphy.gif

Grant proves my point...but remains oblivious.

Irony is lost on these guys...

I guess it is these types of posts that "Tom has said he doesn't want on this board"

But "Gruden is a football coach", see the difference, see the difference!!!

Hypocrisy-1.png

Careful, you'll upset his fan club. I believe it's up to one now.
I'm just saying, this post seems very political - talk about racism/wokeness, etc.

Maybe @Hotshoe, can explain it to me.

But it seems that this isn't any different than the RBG thread....both are focused only on the political aspect of the discussion.

I'm just saying, this post seems very political - talk about racism/wokeness, etc.

Maybe @Hotshoe, can explain it to me.

But it seems that this isn't any different than the RBG thread....both are focused only on the political aspect of the discussion.

The guy was recently telling everyone what a great job he was doing posting. I find that very convincing.

Hey @Hotshoe - move if this isn’t appropriate. Thanks!
It's a fine line regarding politics. Politics is part of sports, so is being honest about a situation. That said, how Gruden said some of the things he did is absolutely mind boggling. One has to be pretty damn dumb, arrogant, and out of touch to use the language he did. That isn't cancel culture, that's plain wrong over so many years.

You imply that there is a new standard and everyone is subject to it. That's not the case Plenty of people get passes on worse and plenty of other get cancelled for less.

The Gruden quotes come from some big investigation into the WFT. They looked through a cajillion e-mails but we only heard about those of Gruden. What do you think the chances are the the only person in all those e-mails that said something bad was Jon Gruden? I'd say approximately zero.

If Person X says Thing Y then whether or not a cancellation occurs depends a lot more on the Person X part than it does the Thing Y part.

This stuff is akin to witch hunts. And I don't even like Gruden. I was happy when he back to NFL coaching because I couldn't stand listening to his blather on MNF. But I dislike witch hunts far more than I dislike off bad language.
Several things here.

This was 10 years ago before he coached the raiders

gruden worked for espn and he was their love child for a while but I see nothing held against espn.

did gruden write these in espn emails?? Or personal.

when in corporate the rule is and has always been no personal or stupid emails should be written.

NFL Chiat came out and said their were no other bad emails for the wft.

who gave up gruden to protect the pc wft? I mean they did change the name from that offensive redskin name lol.

I hate the raiders. So too bad!!!

Just pointing out that the person who wanted he RBG post gone because "You're breaking Tom's rules" is intellectually dishonest and a hypocrite.

That's it.
And? So you should go after those that know better and start these threads or take them down their rabbit holes, but if they say what you want....and give you your echo chamber....you're just fine with it. They know the rules and still do it...sorry I don't appease your echo chamber wishes. Ok Black pot?

Signed black kettle is who at least realizes it. Your fake outrage doesn't move my needle...sorry. The man was in his late 40's sending titty pics and slurs to people that work in his industry.....a real man of genius there. You make him the victim all you need to or blame society or the media or whatever your told to say now.

Last edited:
Several things here.

This was 10 years ago before he coached the raiders

gruden worked for espn and he was their love child for a while but I see nothing held against espn.

did gruden write these in espn emails?? Or personal.

when in corporate the rule is and has always been no personal or stupid emails should be written.

NFL Chiat came out and said their were no other bad emails for the wft.

who gave up gruden to protect the pc wft? I mean they did change the name from that offensive redskin name lol.

I hate the raiders. So too bad!!!
If you read the NYT article it states that Gruden was using his personal email and Allen was using his official WFT email. I agree with burning ESPN to the ground. They're the same idiots who thought it would be a good idea to add Rush Limbaugh to the NFL GameDay cast. 🙄

And? So you should go after those that know better and start these threads or take them down their rabbit holes, but if they say what you want....and give you your echo chamber....you're just fine with it. They know the rules and still do it...sorry I don't appease your echo chamber wishes. Ok Black pot?

Signed black kettle is who at least realizes it. Your fake outrage doesn't move my needle...sorry. The man was in his late 40's sending titty pics and slurs to people that work in his industry.....a real man of genius there. You make him the victim all you need to or blame society or the media or whatever your told to say now.
I'm fine with all posts staying up. I don't believe in censorship.

I care not one whit about Jon Gruden.

My issue is that the liberal side of the board cries "foul" when they're losing (delete the RBG post!!!) and doesn't when they're not losing. It had nothing to do with "Tom's rules" or any other such garbage. It was just that the liberals were getting smashed in the RBG post.

My issue is that the liberal side of the board cries "foul" when they're losing (delete the RBG post!!!) and doesn't when they're not losing. It had nothing to do with "Tom's rules" or any other such garbage. It was just that the liberals were getting smashed in the RBG post.
opinions vary- mine is that labels are not useful or meaningful- take "snowflake" for example, there are plenty of those on both sides of the divide

Well, I finally got around to reading up on this subject and the 11 pages of this thread and I haven't yet seen any emails. Does anyone have a copy of the actual emails that you could share?

Well, I finally got around to reading up on this subject and the 11 pages of this thread and I haven't yet seen any emails. Does anyone have a copy of the actual emails that you could share?
Yes, please find the racist ones and share. Might take a while, since there aren't any.

What, you don't trust the media's description of them? That's not good enough for you? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

If you read the NYT article it states that Gruden was using his personal email and Allen was using his official WFT email. I agree with burning ESPN to the ground. They're the same idiots who thought it would be a good idea to add Rush Limbaugh to the NFL GameDay cast. 🙄
Don’t read nor will ever read the nyt

thank you for sharing though

Re Gruden personally, agreed, I was never a fan and could care less about him. My point had to do with the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the mob that brought him down.

Oh and make no mistake, the libs were getting smashed in this thread too. I mean, it was like the Union army at Marye's Heights in Fredericksburg...marching up and being mowed down. Near the end, their ammunition exhausted and their arguments exposed, some were reduced to shooting pathetic memes. The entire spectacle was just a terrible thing to see... ;)

Re Gruden personally, agreed, I was never a fan and could care less about him. My point had to do with the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the mob that brought him down.

Oh and make no mistake, the libs were getting smashed in this thread too. I mean, it was like the Union army at Marye's Heights in Fredericksburg...marching up and being mowed down. Near the end, their ammunition exhausted and their arguments exposed, some were reduced to shooting pathetic memes. The entire spectacle was just a terrible thing to see... ;)
you really are delusional

Did you don’t care but keep chiming in. Good to know hypocrite.

Gruden should show up at the Raiders’ headquarters on Monday morning and assume the head coaching job similar to George Costanza after he quit a job. Never happened!

That was the purpose of my post - to show actual words from emails. Oh well.

Did you don’t care but keep chiming in. Good to know hypocrite.

They resurrected a months old RIP post to sh*t on someone - a political figure no less - because of a media/press issue (read: Constitution, First Amendment, ie inherently political). I add to an existing non-political thread with actual email content - that pertains to the topic at hand - and am intellectually dishonest. And Hotshoe agrees with me. Ah well.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT