ADVERTISEMENT

Given a choice between Franklin and Harbaugh

It is true that Joe wanted Urbs as his succesor. But Urbs never was coming to PSU. Do a little research and you''l see this. The Sandusky Scandal just gave him a convenient exit stage left.
^^^^ DING DING DING!!!!! ^^^^ WINNAH!!!!

Urby at PSU....or at OSU? LMAO

I would take Harbaugh in a second. Does anyone think Franklin is a better coach / has more potential than JH?

I like JF and I think he has a chance to be a solid coach. But if Harbaugh was our coach, we would be loving it ...
I would rather have a member of ISIS as head coach than an arrogant Michigan low-life like Harbaugh. I want to win very badly, but I won't sell my soul to win. How in the hell can any true Penn State fan say he would want Harbaugh as coach? I guess you would get Sandusky out of jail if you could, and have him be head coach, if he could win games

Reactions: Judge Smails
If he wins at Michigan, he'll be a lifer unless some NFL team comes along and offers unheard of money, and even then it's not a given.

Take PSU and Michigan out of the picture, picking a a coach for another school, I'd take Harbaugh.
An anti-thesis always emerges a la Matt Rhule.

I would rather have a member of ISIS as head coach than an arrogant Michigan low-life like Harbaugh. I want to win very badly, but I won't sell my soul to win. How in the hell can any true Penn State fan say he would want Harbaugh as coach? I guess you would get Sandusky out of jail if you could, and have him be head coach, if he could win games
Harbaught wins, recruits, emphasizes academics, fights tooth and nail for his players, never bashes them publicly, is innovative, creative, smart and he truly gets how to relate to today's high schoolers..I mean, you guys are out of your minds. James Franklin wishes he was Jim Harbaugh.

I would take Harbaugh in a second. Does anyone think Franklin is a better coach / has more potential than JH?

I like JF and I think he has a chance to be a solid coach. But if Harbaugh was our coach, we would be loving it ...

BS. Franklin has posted back to back 7 win seasons with a depleted roster, while Harbaugh inherited a full roster filled with annual Top 10 recruiting classes. There's no way to compare them until they're on equal ground.

Harbaught wins, recruits, emphasizes academics, fights tooth and nail for his players, never bashes them publicly, is innovative, creative, smart and he truly gets how to relate to today's high schoolers..I mean, you guys are out of your minds. James Franklin wishes he was Jim Harbaugh.
You forgot to say that Harvard calls itself the Michigan of New England.

In the short term, I'd take Harbaugh as well.
But I want a coach that will be here for 20 years, and there is no way JH will be a 20 year coach.

Do you really think for a minute that Franklin will be here 20 years from now? If he has another couple of years like his first couple he's gone. And if he kills it for us then he moves to NFL.

BS. Franklin has posted back to back 7 win seasons with a depleted roster, while Harbaugh inherited a full roster filled with annual Top 10 recruiting classes. There's no way to compare them until they're on equal ground.

Harbaugh, the genius, went 4-8 and 5-7 his first two seasons at Stanford.

Reactions: LionsandBear
As a Penn State fan, what would drive you to create a post like this? I'd truly like to understand your thinking.

Maybe message board chatter about something that would never happen but is different? That's how I took it. Not everyone is happy about games we lost that we should have won but didn't because of game day management. Kind of harmless and brainless thread imo. Don't engage if it bugs you. Or he's a troll that loves UM. I took him as a Lion that may not like Franklin. To me that's a bit unfair at this point to dump on Franklin but in fairness a lot of us shake our heads at some of his game day decisions and management. Is that unreasonable?

Do you really think for a minute that Franklin will be here 20 years from now? If he has another couple of years like his first couple he's gone. And if he kills it for us then he moves to NFL.

Well not every CFB head coach wants to coach in the NFL. And the greatest strength that I've seen him bring to the table.....recruiting..... disappears in being considered for an NFL job.

Hopefully he'll be successful enough to be here 20 years if he wants to be here 20 years.

Reactions: psu4343
Harbaugh, the genius, went 4-8 and 5-7 his first two seasons at Stanford.

What's your point Judge? He sucks or give Franklin time? I'm a huge Steeler fan and I can't stand either Harbaugh and hate Crenn the most. I was out of my chair screaming when MSU guy was running down the sidelines. I can't stand UM. Some of the most arogant people I've ever been around. But JH built a stud program at Stanford. He rebuilt the 49ers and immediately put UM back on the map. You're not arguing that JH sucks right? That would be kinda silly imo.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and I can't stand either Harbaugh and hate Crenn the most. I was out of my chair screaming when MSU guy was running down the sidelines. I can't stand UM.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Can someone translate for me?

7e83fb870dee49fcc16c508b05ff7a6b.jpg

The only thing I want Harbaugh for is to endorse some toilet paper.l He is such a big piece of crap he must know the best brand that is both soft and strong.

Reactions: StinkStankStunk
Hey StinkStankStunk, given a choice which one would you consider the sea-sick crocodile?

To just win games Hairball, no doubt. For Success With Honor, CJF all day. He may end up being a .650 career winning percentage guy but he'll do it right and with class and dignity.

Me too. Harbaugh actually uses a...................... "fullback"............. who can only do one thing like, get first downs, score touchdowns, block, create misdirection......

It was scandal that kept Urban from coming to PSU but it was not the Sandusky scandal. It was Tatgate which gave this board so much joy when if happened. The Urban to OSU deal was put together by the OSU BOT ( which unlike the PSU BOT at the time actually functioned in a positive way for the university) more specifically Les Wexner-owner of The Limited and Jerome Schottenstein- owner of Value City. Otherwise Tressel would have been the coach of OSU for several more years. By the time the Sandusky scandal broke in November 2011 Urban was signed sealed and delivered to OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT