ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: No. 11 Penn State vs. Northwestern

It was a sloppy first half but we completely dominated them...just have to limit the turnovers. Singleton might not even play next week after his performance today. Guess that depends on the deal with Allen

Reactions: NedFromYork
It was a sloppy first half but we completely dominated them...just have to limit the turnovers. Singleton might not even play next week after his performance today. Guess that depends on the deal with Allen

Singleton is definitely not playing next week since it's our bye week.

If I saw it right… I think effner played the entire 2nd quarter… how Wallace can be a 3rd year offensive tackle and still not be very good is pretty discouraging.

Is it a foreign concept for our running backs to wear gloves… like it's absolutely idiotic not to

I am trying to remember, did Franklin exhibit this much anger at himself when he screwed up games in the past ?

Penn State outgained Northwestern 202-78 in that first half. The defense has played great, the offense has been able to move the ball but Nick Singleton's two turnovers have been costly. The weather definitely affecting playcalling in this one.

I am at a loss to understand why we are not passing more. In wet conditions the offense has an advantage.

I would like to see us go back to under center more in some of those short yardage situations.

Is the equipment manager fresh out of gloves? Where’s Spider when you need him?

It became Illegal motion on NW because the NW shifters started jumping around causing the OL to come out of their stance. The PSU defenders went back onsides without touching a NW player and none of the set OL moved. What caused the OL to move was the two shifters jumping up-and-down yelling offsides. It is not Defensive Offsides if the Defenders get back one-sides without the set OL moving.

Playing to the level of our competition…this is a coaching/leadership issue. We have the talent…just not the will.

I don't get it. Two runs and then a deep, long, low-percentage pass to the sideline while conditions make coverage difficult. Where are the curl patterns? Where is the hitch and go? Why make it so easy for the defense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT