ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: No. 11 Penn State vs. Northwestern

If we can't beat Northwestern even with this gameplan this year we aren't contending anyway. We don't have Ohio State's talent either but, yes, you're right that Day's a better coach
Ohio State and Michigan are simply at a different level. We won't get within three scores of either team. Hopefully we get a win today but we are pretenders not contenders.

Reactions: Nittany18
Awful awful spot on that third down play. Back was down at the three

Yes, he was. He hit down at 3, then jumped forward to 1. They marked him at the 1. Then there QB is jumping up and down crying that he scored when replay shows he was absolutely down at half yard line before lamely rolling on the ground into endzone vehemently claiming he scored.

Figure out a way to get off the field? Like wait for the inconsistent QB to miss a friggin wide open receiver?

Our offense is just putrid now. Clifford not getting it done to seal the W.

How can Cliff miss wide-open Tinsley and Washington that badly? He is so frustrating sometimes.

Ohio State and Michigan are simply at a different level. We won't get within three scores of either team. Hopefully we get a win today but we are pretenders not contenders.
I’ll take that bet on Michigan. They’ve played no one. That game will be tight - I expect us to not have our heads up our ass for that game

You’re right. We struggle at Iowa and Michigan made it look easy. We don’t scare anyone.

Reactions: scrivener
if that moron from NW wasn't in the neutral zone then neither are the PSU defenders

I was going to post how Clifford is not over throwing the deep balls like he did consistently last year. But then he overthrew Tinsley by 10 yards.......

I’ll take that bet on Michigan. They’ve played no one. That game will be tight - I expect us to not have our heads up our ass for that game
Don't count on it. Our heads are so far up our ass at this point not sure we can find it.

I know this makes me a bit of a hypocrite because I was laughing about wide receivers wanting flags but does anyone think that NW never held today?

Did you see J'Ayir Brown being held from behind on that 4th Down play - no flag! Thankfully, it was batted down.

Gouge my GD eyes out of my head - the deep, slow-@ss mesh point run shows up. Thought that was finally dead

Turnover on downs inside NW territory and could not finish them off with a FG or TD. This is not good enough football against a weak team.

Reactions: cntblvitsbutter
You have got to be kidding me! We have the opportunity to put this game away and we get -1 yard and leave plenty of time on the clock. How about throwing on first down or at least put Clifford under center and let the running back build up speed and use their vision. For the love of God this team is soooooooooooooo Frustrating!!

We just have spiraled into an abyss on offense because of the fumbles or Patty's D has made great adjustments or both but whatever it is their D is totally dominating us. How do we ever have a shot against scUM with this clown show.

You have got to be kidding me! We have the opportunity to put this game away and we get -1 yard and leave plenty of time on the clock. How about throwing on first down or at least put Clifford under center and let the running back build up speed and use their vision. For the love of God this team is soooooooooooooo Frustrating!!
Yep, notice NW hasn't been afraid to air it out on early downs in the 2nd half which has helped them. But, according to some, the bad weather wasn't in the game plan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT