ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Penn State vs. Auburn

that was PI Danielson, every time, he ran through the receiver

Well, he admitted contact was early, but said, "I wouldn't have thrown a flag there either as the ball was thrown too short..." - IOW, his implication was that it wasn't catchable because of how short of the receiver. I think I agree with him, the contact would have qualified as PI, but I don't think the ball was catchable which it has to be under the rule.

Make them go a long way every possession and PSU wins this game. I don't think they can sustain a long drive.
Agreed. Need those third and long stops though. I’m concerned with guys handling the heat….97 first and foremost

Rewind and watch the prior play where we hit the QB in the endzone.

Yeah, that was a legal hit. BTW, a Safety should have been called as the QB was not fully outside the Tackle Box (which they must be under the "throw away" rule). Even SEC Homer Danielson said he was fortunate that was not called a Safety.

Definitely, I just figured he’d start his progression to the left because I thought it was a designed play to get the ball to Washington coming off the motion. It’s water under the bridge now, though
if that were true it would be the weirdest miss of a wide open receiver ever

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah, that was a legal hit. BTW, a Safety should have been called as the QB was not fully outside the Tackle Box (which they must be under the "throw away" rule). Even SEC Homer Danielson said he was fortunate that was not called a Safety.
I was referring to the jawing between Dixon and 71 From Auburn.

The vibe in this thing is very good. Sean has a determination about him. You can almost feel it. The running game has been productive enough. The D has been tough. We went in there, subdued the crowd, and won the 1st half. One more half to go.

Yeah, PSU did not play there absolute best football and is still leading going into the Half.

Reactions: maypole
I see "SEC patches" on the Officials sleves - I think this crew is SEC (don't recognize Referee either).

I thought our loudmouth, know-it-all board savants told us Strange couldn't block? Did some pretty excellent blocking on TD - massive hole that Singleton scored on.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
That is how to start the second half. Stop their offense and then score in the first 3 minutes.

Wasn't someone saying something to the effect of "yeah, but Singleton won't be able to outrun the Auburn studs like he did against Ohio." Epic fail.

Cobra Kai Sweep GIF by IFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT