ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Penn State vs. Auburn

That is one area I am hoping for an upgrade with Allar. No reason our QB should have missed the entire left side of the field.
Yeah, that was simply a bad read. With the way he’s attacked outside the hashes, I would’ve thought he’d scan for him first. But hey, I guess it worked out in the end for Penn State…

MV5BMzZhNjYyZDYtZmE4MC00M2RlLTlhOGItZDVkYTVlZTYxOWZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Yeah, that was simply a bad read. With the way he’s attacked outside the hashes, I would’ve thought he’d scan for him first. But hey, I guess it worked out in the end for Penn State…
nope, you have a progression on every play, he started on the right and made the throw before getting back to the left, no way you have time to look everywhere every time before throwing

We did hold them to three so kudos there but that 3rd & 14 that kept that drive allow can't happen. There were countless mistakes on that drive by the D. Again, big time stop to hold them to 3 but let's not pretend we're doing well defensively.

The only person I hear constantly crying and whinning is you dip$hit. Why don't you make some more excuses about how awful we're playing but winning the game 14-6 in a sold-out Jordan-Hare - one of the most difficult venues in the Country.

The only person I hear constantly crying and whinning is you dip$hit. Why don't you make some more excuses about how awful we're playing but winning the game 14-6 in a sold-out Jordan-Hare - one of the most difficult venues in the Country.
We're doing what we're supposed to be doing. I haven't complained at all today other than Franklin's decision to go for 4th & 1 because of the hit Clifford took and giving up the long 3rd down completions
Again, is Purdue still a quality win or was I right?

The vibe in this thing is very good. Sean has a determination about him. You can almost feel it. The running game has been productive enough. The D has been tough. We went in there, subdued the crowd, and won the 1st half. One more half to go.

Real classy play there by 71. Ridiculous that players are ejected for ridiculously bs Targetting calls, but 71 isn't ejected for hitting a player with his back to him long after the whistle blew.

Reactions: 1AA
PSU is stepping on their Willies... 4th down miss, penalties, that possession after the TO, and 3rd and longs on defense. This game could be 28-0! My god. Finding a way to keep it close.

Real classy play there by 71. Ridiculous that players are ejected for ridiculously bs Targetting calls, but 71 isn't ejected for hitting a player with his back to him long after the whistle blew.
We actually agree on something--not sure why it takes two calls to eject someone for something intentional that can cause injury as opposed to 90% of targeting calls
Is Purdue still a quality win? You keep avoiding it. I wonder why???

PSU is stepping on their Willies... 4th down miss, penalties, that possession after the TO, and 3rd and longs on defense. This game could be 28-0! My god. Finding a way to keep it close.
talent is winning out though, in my opinion

Reactions: NittanyChris
Rewind and watch the prior play where we hit the QB in the endzone.

Undisciplined. Unfortunately a hallmark of recent teams.

Every team holds on every play--we're missing tackles, we're blowing coverages, etc. Stop making excuses.
I know that. I just want consistency . If your not calling it on both teams, stop calling it at all. My boy was a lineman, and that's what he watched closely. He's here yelling call the holding. On one play, he kept replaying it and pointed out at least 3 Auburn O linemen holding on a long completion.

I know that. I just want consistency . If your not calling it on both teams, stop calling it at all. My boy was a lineman, and that's what he watched closely. He's here yelling call the holding. On one play, he kept replaying it and pointed out at least 3 Auburn O linemen holding on a long completion.
He has been consistent though--they've let a lot of it go on both sides.

1. I never said anything about we couldn't run against Auburn or we shouldn't run the ball with the QB--read the Allar thread. Not me.
2. You never assign blame to our staff or indicate anything is bad about our team
3. Again, since you skipped it, are you still going to claim Purdue is a quality win or can you admit I was right?
From what I remember, you guaranteed a loss to Purdue, and then disappeared for two weeks.

Now stop them starting the 3rd quarter unlike the Purdue game.

How many yards does Auburn have on 3rd and long? Must be half their offense! Come on Manny.

Reactions: NCLION
nope, you have a progression on every play, he started on the right and made the throw before getting back to the left, no way you have time to look everywhere every time before throwing
Definitely, I just figured he’d start his progression to the left because I thought it was a designed play to get the ball to Washington coming off the motion. It’s water under the bridge now, though

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
From what I remember, you guaranteed a loss to Purdue, and then disappeared for two weeks.
What? I never said we'd lose to Purdue and at no point in time have I disappeared for 2 weeks. I said beating Purdue wasn't impressive. You're confusing me with someone else. The only two games on our schedule I said we won't win are Michigan and Ohio State. Any other loss is unacceptable.

If we don’t make mistakes in the 2nd half, we’ll win. No turnovers, no stupid penalties and no missed tackles. If only it were that simple.

Reactions: psualt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT