ADVERTISEMENT

Francesa Blasted JF for Icing the Kicker

bobroars

Jul 24, 2012
Anyone know how it went down? I didn't see the end of the game. Francesa was screaming like someone stole his Oreos

Mike was clearly no fan if Penn State and almost took pleasure in the Sandusky situation. Apparently his anti-penn State bias has rolled over to Franklin. He really gets worked up about this and considering he pays very little attention to college football, it's sort of shocking he has such a strong opinion about this.

Franklin thought kicking field goal to ruin shuutout was weak so he iced the kicker in retaliation and it worked.

Given the GA St coaches comments at half I was more than behind Franklin
I missed that. What did the GA St. coach say?? Thanks...

I missed that. What did the GA St. coach say?? Thanks...

The on-field reporter said something along the line that the Coach thought "those were the weakest 35 pts he had ever seen". Something to that effect, the interaction was not shown.

The on-field reporter said something along the line that the Coach thought "those were the weakest 35 pts he had ever seen". Something to that effect, the interaction was not shown.

I guess he missed pitt giving up 35 points in like 6 minutes a few hours prior.

I remember after the Rutgers game where MM threw the late TD pass, Francesa ranted the next day accusing Paterno of running up the score. He said stuff like "MM is never going to start a game at quarterback, so there was no reason to have him throwing passes late in a game."

That was the last time I ever listened to the moron's show.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Guy needs to calm down before he strokes out. The way I see it GA St. Didn't want to get shut out. Penn State wanted the shut out. GA St. Tried a field goal Penn State had tried to make them miss that field goal... that's not a new concept. According to that idiot Penn State should have just layed down and let them kick it. That douche sounds like he got a bunch of "participation" trophies when he was a kid.

I remember after the Rutgers game where MM threw the late TD pass, Francesa ranted the next day accusing Paterno of running up the score. He said stuff like "MM is never going to start a game at quarterback, so there was no reason to have him throwing passes late in a game."

That was the last time I ever listened to the moron's show.

Perhaps if the no talent fat@ss had said "This will be the last time MM ever slams a locker", then we would have been onto something.

tumblr_nx9tby9GtP1qcb9v9o1_500.gif

"A disgruntled Rutgers fan" apparently alerted Big-Mouth to the time out Franklin called. Wonder if he told him about Rutgers' big romp over Morgan State? Naw!

The sideline reporterette said he used the word "cheapest" 35 points ever. Not sure what he meant by that
I'm thinking he meant that the only reason we scored 35 points was due to a lot of mistakes by his team. So what he should have said was, "we suck" simple as that.

Reactions: 2atpsu
Not a Francesca fan, but he can be knowledeagable in some sports areas. He should probably stay out of college though because he hasn't had any real connections to it for years.

Franklin explained this in his post game PC... doesn't this say all that is necessary? These talking heads just ignore the facts for some reason.

Cmon this is BS and everyone knows it. I have no problem with what JF did considering the GSt. coach was being a jerk trying to ruin the shutout anyway at the end of the game, but JF was fuming on the sidelines that the guy would do it. Great excuse by JF but he knew what he was doing, icing the kicker at the last second to call at TO. And thats fine. Francesca is a fat blabbering idiot who hates all things PSU. Just like Mike Valenti here in Michigan who worships the ground Francesca walks on.

Anyone know how it went down? I didn't see the end of the game. Francesa was screaming like someone stole his Oreos
So it's ok for them to play through the end of the game by kicking a field goal but PSU can't do it by icing the kicker...

First of all, who cares about Francesa. He's the ultimate pro jocksniff in the ultimate pro town. Nobody has cared about college football in New York since the Seven Blocks of Granite.

I'm damn glad Franklin called that time out. Kicking a field goal was the weakest thing I ever saw. You're losing 56-0 and you're going to kick? Get the hell out of here.

You had 4th and 1 with a quarterback who can run and they still had that Taz guy in who had the 100-yard game. You sneak it, get the first. The clock stops on 1D with 11 seconds to go, you have two shots left to throw it in the end zone and make a touchdown fair and square and have a little accomplishment to take home with you. A field goal try was bush.

And who cares if the Ga State coach likes it or not? CJF's job is to help OUR guys. Besides, we got our camp, GS got a big time game and their million bucks. We'll never play them again so who cares if their coach is mad or not mad.

I'm glad they missed - that's what you get for being a douche.

How many times does Franklin need to explain this. He called a time out to get his 2nd unit field goal block team on the field. If you watch him when he did it on the side line he looked frustrated when he called the time out like, the wrong people were on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob78
Francesa is nothing more than a scUM hack. If Harbag did this you can be sure he would have somehow defended it. Haven't listened to the loser pundit since he blamed the Twin Towers attack on Israel in 2001. Just like ESPN, he won't be around much longer.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
First of all, who cares about Francesa. He's the ultimate pro jocksniff in the ultimate pro town. Nobody has cared about college football in New York since the Seven Blocks of Granite.

I'm damn glad Franklin called that time out. Kicking a field goal was the weakest thing I ever saw. You're losing 56-0 and you're going to kick? Get the hell out of here.

You had 4th and 1 with a quarterback who can run and they still had that Taz guy in who had the 100-yard game. You sneak it, get the first. The clock stops on 1D with 11 seconds to go, you have two shots left to throw it in the end zone and make a touchdown fair and square and have a little accomplishment to take home with you. A field goal try was bush.

And who cares if the Ga State coach likes it or not? CJF's job is to help OUR guys. Besides, we got our camp, GS got a big time game and their million bucks. We'll never play them again so who cares if their coach is mad or not mad.

I'm glad they missed - that's what you get for being a douche.
I agree, the FG try was bush.
But so was the TO. Two wrongs don't make a right.
I'm really pretty disappointed in that bull shit explanation given by JF. Own it - you called the TO because you were pissed at the FG try - just own it and say it. Don't pussy out with that bull shit explanation.
If this was Harbaugh this board would be merciless in calling him out

It is really simple.

When your playing to the "eye test" that is what you HAVE to do.

The "eye tests" are being performed by guys who don't actually watch many of the games and just check box scores. SO a "0" / shut out, looks better for the "eye test".

Hate that sports has come to this but that is the simple answer.

Nothing more complicated than that.

Mike was clearly no fan if Penn State and almost took pleasure in the Sandusky situation. Apparently his anti-penn State bias has rolled over to Franklin. He really gets worked up about this and considering he pays very little attention to college football, it's sort of shocking he has such a strong opinion about this.

I live in Nj and listened to this buffoon during the scandal. He was frothing at the mouth during the scandal, with ant PSU rhetoric daily. He is a complete moron that yells and screams to get his point across. Or he'll say the same thing over and over to make everyone think he is correct and the rest of the world is wrong.

How many times does Franklin need to explain this. He called a time out to get his 2nd unit field goal block team on the field. If you watch him when he did it on the side line he looked frustrated when he called the time out like, the wrong people were on the field.
you have to be the most obtuse person on earth to believe that bull shit explanation.
Franklin doesn't need to apologize for being pissed at the FG try, and wanting the shutout.
He doesn't need to make up bull shit lies like this.
If you watch the postgame interview, you see Franklin was perturbed. Didn't mention any 4 th string D, BS; that didn't happen until he had time to think of a BS excuse. Man up James.
PS I like JF, but he needs to stick up for his decisions

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT