ADVERTISEMENT

Former Michigan Great Amani Toomer Compares Jim Harbaugh to Paris Hilton

Judge Smails

May 29, 2001
"I'm a frustrated fan. I think that what Michigan signed up for was a Nick Saban, an Urban Meyer. We signed up for somebody who was going to come in and change the culture," Toomer said.

"To me, that's not a supermodel, that's Paris Hilton," Toomer said. "That's somebody who's given us nothing, but 'Oh, we're going to Rome. Oh, we wear Michael Jordan shoes. I don't care. I want to beat Michigan State, I want to beat Ohio State. "

https://www.si.com/college-football...ani-toomer-compares-jim-harbaugh-paris-hilton

CreamyWildEnglishsetter-max-1mb.gif

Ya, I heard that live today. Toomer is passionate for sure.
The setup for that Hilton quote came from the morning show guy (Jamie Samuelson); he brought up that maybe UM getting Harbaugh was like marrying a supermodel and then finding out she was bad in bed. I just thought that was weird.

"I'm a frustrated fan. I think that what Michigan signed up for was a Nick Saban, an Urban Meyer. We signed up for somebody who was going to come in and change the culture," Toomer said.

"To me, that's not a supermodel, that's Paris Hilton," Toomer said. "That's somebody who's given us nothing, but 'Oh, we're going to Rome. Oh, we wear Michael Jordan shoes. I don't care. I want to beat Michigan State, I want to beat Ohio State. "

https://www.si.com/college-football...ani-toomer-compares-jim-harbaugh-paris-hilton

They didn't even get Paris Hilton - she's not likely ever been desperate enough to stoop to cheap publicity stunt tactics to try to stay relevant. When you're as rich as she is, you don't have to. What they got was Kim Kardashian, or more likely, Kris Jenner.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Please be grammaritically correct. "He picks his nose and eats the snot off his finger while coaching a nationally televised game."

Harbaugh categorically denying he eats his boogers in a press conference has to be the peak college football moment of the last couple of years.

Harbaugh categorically denying he eats his boogers in a press conference has to be the peak college football moment of the last couple of years.

Compare Franklin and hairball in press conferences. They do things a bit differently.

Compare Franklin and hairball in press conferences. They do things a bit differently.

I've read Michigan fans complaining about Harbaugh's lack of enthusiasm for recruiting (aside from the stunts). Seen countless examples of Michigan's lack of hustle and planning when it comes to recruiting. The latest example was Harbaugh skipping the in-home with Oweh because he couldn't fly in due to all "the snow in the midwest". These guys have access to private planes. They can fly when and where they want to. Michigan went from the co-favorite with Penn State to not being considered anymore immediately after that.

NO ONE WILL OUTWORK JAMES FRANKLIN. But Harbaugh is phoning it in.

I've read Michigan fans complaining about Harbaugh's lack of enthusiasm for recruiting (aside from the stunts). Seen countless examples of Michigan's lack of hustle and planning when it comes to recruiting. The latest example was Harbaugh skipping the in-home with Oweh because he couldn't fly in due to all "the snow in the midwest". These guys have access to private planes. They can fly when and where they want to. Michigan went from the co-favorite with Penn State to not being considered anymore immediately after that.

NO ONE WILL OUTWORK JAMES FRANKLIN. But Harbaugh is phoning it in.

I was wondering why there was no more talk of Oweh to michigan. hairball seems lazy, especially when you consider what michigan pays him.

I was wondering why there was no more talk of Oweh to michigan. hairball seems lazy, especially when you consider what michigan pays him.

You wonder if he's already headed back to the NFL in his mind. Don't have to worry about all this recruiting shiat there. He may prefer that.

You wonder if he's already headed back to the NFL in his mind. Don't have to worry about all this recruiting shiat there. He may prefer that.

Like O'Brien. Some guys just aren't cut out for college football. Additionally, hairball doesn't have staying power. He grates on people.

Like O'Brien. Some guys just aren't cut out for college football. Additionally, hairball doesn't have staying power. He grates on people.

I agree. Two more years at the most. At that point, Michigan will be begging him to go back to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT