ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh speaks at "right to life" event

she wasn't arrested for using her first amendment rights but arrested for blocking traffic and not dispersing after being told to do so. it was all a planned event....her staff emailed media members to let them know she'd probably be arrested and they'd get a good photo opportunity. Just politics.
It was probably her staff that notified the police and filed a complaint.

Maybe we should all take a step back after seeing some of our more prominent members of Congress being cuffed up and hauled off to jail simply for excising their 1st amendment rights.
We have de facto authoritarianism and thought control through huge social media monopolies that penalize people for exercising their first amendment rights. The worst of this was social media hiding Hunter Biden and Joe Biden's corruption as shown by Hunter Biden's laptop. Also, Alex Berenson being de platformed for simply quoting the cdc.

She's such a hypocritical POS. Trump was an ahole but had policies that worked. This birthing person is an ahole and her policies are a total disaster.
I regret posting this. I didn't want it to get political but thought it was germane to recruiting and the school's brand. I am out of the string.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
I regret posting this. I didn't want it to get political but thought it was germane to recruiting and the school's brand. I am out of the string.
I believe the 99% of the recruits don't care at all about a coach's views on abortion, particularly if a Coach can help the recruit to become a high level pro prospect.

Reactions: bison13
I believe the 99% of the recruits don't care at all about a coach's views on abortion, particularly if a Coach can help the recruit to become a high level pro prospect.
Probably true for high school kids. But many parents care about both subjects, on both sides of the issue, and have strong influence on where their kids enroll.

One big shame one of the best aspects of going of to university is being exposed to different cultures, different points of view, different economic status, and more. But too often kids go to places that reflect their own views, upbringing, and surroundings.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Can we please get back on topic and continue praising Harbaugh for his courage to support for kneeling during the national anthem? Stop with the politicizing.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
yes and no. They aren't considered a separate identity until they are born. However, if one is killed while still unborn (who is not the mother), that person would be charged with manslaughter.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004
That’s a legal interpretation that has and will change (kind of like Dred Scott).

The science has been evolving rapidly as babies can survive outside the womb earlier each passing year.

Finally, science has shown for years that a a uniquely human life begins at conception.

Please move to test board. If you want to be an unhinged extremist please visit there so you are happy . Football.

Reactions: ouirpsu
Thus plus giving his very large bonus to his staff places Jim with the good guys in sports.

I was going to mention that. Harbaugh actually took his own bonus money, which amounted to $2 million for winning the conference and making the CFP, and distributed it to athletic staff personnel who'd had their pay reduced due to Covid. I wrote a post on that last December.

My main objection to that and the news highlighted in the OP is that he's making it hard for me to hate Michigan with quite as much intensity.

Except for last year, Harbaugh's performance as Wolverine coach has been generally underwhelming. He hasn't remotely lived up to the hype surrounding his hire. But on a personal level, he's shown himself to be a man of character. We're a nation in short supply of that commodity and should welcome it wherever found.

He's free to do what he wants to do and say. My only 2 beefs would be if his personal values and actions diverge from these public displays (some may find the public ones patronizing) or if he doesn't show respect for those with opposing views. As I don't have personal experience with him, I can't judge him one way or another.
I read a story with excerpts from his speech. It acknowledged there are differences of opinion and choices are difficult. There was no labeling. He stated his position from a Biblical and scientific perspective. I agree with his view regarding abortion. He was there supporting a cause he believes in.

I was going to mention that. Harbaugh actually took his own bonus money, which amounted to $2 million for winning the conference and making the CFP, and distributed it to athletic staff personnel who'd had their pay reduced due to Covid. I wrote a post on that last December.

My main objection to that and the news highlighted in the OP is that he's making it hard for me to hate Michigan with quite as much intensity.

Except for last year, Harbaugh's performance as Wolverine coach has been generally underwhelming. He hasn't remotely lived up to the hype surrounding his hire. But on a personal level, he's shown himself to be a man of character. We're a nation in short supply of that commodity and should welcome it wherever found.
Ok, Jimma did a couple good things. But praise? For a Michigan Man? Say it as so!

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry
Probably true for high school kids. But many parents care about both subjects, on both sides of the issue, and have strong influence on where their kids enroll.

One big shame one of the best aspects of going of to university is being exposed to different cultures, different points of view, different economic status, and more. But too often kids go to places that reflect their own views, upbringing, and surroundings.
They shouldn't. A coach's opinion on any of that is irrelevant.

I am not arguing when life begins. That’s above my pay grade. I AM pointing out the inconsistencies and hypocrisy of the laws and society. If a fetus cannot inherit, or is an independent on taxes, or other issues, then make the laws consistent and stop charging people for ‘killing a fetus’ in accidents or murder.

Inconsistencies in law destroy faith in the system. Killing a fetus is manslaughter or murder but an abortion is just removing a blob of cells. Abortions are a woman’s right but there is no such thing as a woman. Abortion is a right.....even though it or anything close to it is not anywhere in the Constitution but the right to bear arms.....which is clearly in the Constitution......isn’t a right in liberals minds.
I agree that inconsistencies in deployment within any system breeds issues. In families, the workplace, or schools. As a teacher I did Saturday detention for 10 years and a frustration frequently voiced was that some other kid did the same thing and got a lesser penalty. So to an extent, some people weigh the potential ramifications of ant behavior vs the standard (law) in order to inform their actions.

On both of these issues- abortion and legal weapons possession I think the Who? What? When? Why? model likely creates different "reasonable" options depending on the circumstances. Our existence on earth is full of gray areas...rarely are things clear cut across every situation.

I agree that inconsistencies in deployment within any system breeds issues. In families, the workplace, or schools. As a teacher I did Saturday detention for 10 years and a frustration frequently voiced was that some other kid did the same thing and got a lesser penalty. So to an extent, some people weigh the potential ramifications of ant behavior vs the standard (law) in order to inform their actions.

On both of these issues- abortion and legal weapons possession I think the Who? What? When? Why? model likely creates different "reasonable" options depending on the circumstances. Our existence on earth is full of gray areas...rarely are things clear cut across every situation.
Your post reminded me of:

Ok, Jimma did a couple good things. But praise? For a Michigan Man? Say it as so!
I have heard it said that some people would rather have their sister be a prostitute than a Michigan alum. ThatAlum. their coach is still one of the best guys in college coaching. To me it is a total lack of character to be asking for a raise or accepting a raise in a midst of 2 miserable seasons.

Your post reminded me of:

Every Saturday...that movie xame out my Junior year in college and Fast Times came out right before my Senior year of high school.Now I'm Mr. Hand and the Bfast Club dude. Life can be funny that way.

For what it's worth I often had kids thank me at the end of Saturdays...I viewed it as getting paid to do my grading and perform valuable community service with a captured audience of the most vulnerable students at our school.

We did away with it ...bad move in my opinion

Thus plus giving his very large bonus to his staff places Jim with the good guys in sports.

My spirit is mine and no once can chain it but me. Some God wants to send me to hell because he/she/it doesn't like the way I lived, my spirit will kick its ****ing teeth in.

For what it is worth and it is worth a lot to me, the Bible mentions the womb 78 times. I'm on Jim Harbaugh side. I never met my father. My grandfather made him marry my mother. My daughters and grandchildren Deserve The Wonderful Life that they live.

I will leave this footnote. God mentions the womb 78 times in the Bible. It's where Life Begins. Follow the science.
Birth control is free to everybody in America. Abortion is an affront to decency, Common Sense and Humanity.

That's B.S.

Anyone with half their God given reasoning means knows your original post is political in this day and age. It's unfortunate that there have to be separate forums for discussing subjects that fall within the current political sphere, but it is what it is. With not much thought you could have posted this topic on the test board.

But I applaud Harbaugh for sticking up for what he believes. Every citizen of this country, including pubic figures, have the right to speak their mind. He spoke his mind not as a representative of UM but as a private citizen.

That's B.S.

Anyone with half their God given reasoning means knows your original post is political in this day and age. It's unfortunate that there have to be separate forums for discussing subjects that fall within the current political sphere, but it is what it is. With not much thought you could have posted this topic on the test board.

But I applaud Harbaugh for sticking up for what he believes. Every citizen of this country, including pubic figures, have the right to speak their mind. He spoke his mind not as a representative of UM but as a private citizen.
It has to do with college football. Sorry you can’t see that through your blind partisanship. By the way, I support choice in the first trimester

It has to do with college football. Sorry you can’t see that through your blind partisanship. By the way, I support choice in the first trimester
No it doesn't. Take off your blinders and take your views that create bickering, as your response also does, to the test board.

Kudos for having balls. But it will likely come back to hurt him. Lots of people are very hardline on both of those issues.....and on both sides of those issues.....it will certainly come into play in recruiting wars.
Really only a small portion of people are hardliners. 90% support abortion rights but 90% oppose abortion after the first trimester which means roughly 20% (the lunatic fringe at the top of the tear drop) are hardliners while the rest of us are somewhat likeminded. Kind of like almost every other major wedge issue.

No it doesn't. Take off your blinders and take your views that create bickering, as your response also does, to the test board.
You are a loon. He’sa college coach creating controversy that is making national news. Get over yourself.

You are a loon. He’sa college coach creating controversy that is making national news. Get over yourself.
No, you're the loon, as well as a child that resorts to name calling when shown the errors of his "logic". He wasn't representing UM. He was on his own time as any citizen exercising his freedom of speech.

Get over yourself. And take it to the test board.

No, you're the loon, as well as a child that resorts to name calling when shown the errors of his "logic". He wasn't representing UM. He was on his own time as any citizen exercising his freedom of speech.

Get over yourself. And take it to the test board.
He stated it again at the B1G when asked. The world is not red and blue. Some people have the capacity for nuanced thinking. Obviously, you are not one. Everything has to be in one of your preconceived categories. It’s sad that people still think like you

He stated it again at the B1G when asked. The world is not red and blue. Some people have the capacity for nuanced thinking. Obviously, you are not one. Everything has to be in one of your preconceived categories. It’s sad that people still think like you
Quite a leap into the unknown by your "analysis".

I said nothing about the subject matter of your babbling comment. I said nothing to reveal my thinking on the subject. You're clueless.

My only comment was and is that Mr. Harbaugh should be free to support his personal beliefs when he is not representing UM. No matter if his beliefs ruffle the feathers of some. Period. And that you lied in your initial comment regarding not wanting a political discussion.

You should work on your reading comprehension. Also might brush up on tolerance from those that don't agree with you posting test board material on the football board. But nice that you backed away from most of the childish name calling. Cheers.

Quite a leap into the unknown by your "analysis".

I said nothing about the subject matter of your babbling comment. I said nothing to reveal my thinking on the subject. You're clueless.

My only comment was and is that Mr. Harbaugh should be free to support his personal beliefs when he is not representing UM. No matter if his beliefs ruffle the feathers of some. Period. And that you lied in your initial comment regarding not wanting a political discussion.

You should work on your reading comprehension. Also might brush up on tolerance from those that don't agree with you posting test board material on the football board. But nice that you backed away from most of the childish name calling. Cheers.
I couldn’t care less what you think of him. I never said anything about what you think of him. You know what? Life is too short to suffer fools. On ignore you go

I couldn’t care less what you think of him. I never said anything about what you think of him. You know what? Life is too short to suffer fools. On ignore you go

Obviously you did make a comment on what you believe I was thinking: "Some people have the capacity for nuanced thinking. Obviously, you are not one."

And just as obviously I posted nothing about what I thought about his comments on the subject. Whereas you did give me/us you view, after falsely saying that you didn't want the thread to turn political, unsolicited by me. "By the way, I support choice in the first trimester".

Just more of your babbling. Bye.

ADVERTISEMENT