ADVERTISEMENT

What Jim Harbaugh said... (link)

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Anyone care to decipher?

Reminds me of when JoePa said something prophetic after beating Oregon in the Rose Bowl. If you'll recall at the time, Oregon under Head Coach Rich Brooks was a team of tattooed, long-haired mercenaries. JoePa said (and I remember it like it was yesterday), "Today is a victory for college football."

I'm not sure Harbaugh means the same. Perhaps he means the inverse. I know Michigan players are segregated from the rest of the student body for the most part, but to they go to class? Thoughts?

Thank you.

Anyone care to decipher?

Reminds me of when JoePa said something prophetic after beating Oregon in the Rose Bowl. If you'll recall at the time, Oregon under Head Coach Rich Brooks was a team of tattooed, long-haired mercenaries. JoePa said (and I remember it like it was yesterday), "Today is a victory for college football."

I'm not sure Harbaugh means the same. Perhaps he means the inverse. I know Michigan players are segregated from the rest of the student body for the most part, but to they go to class? Thoughts?

Thank you.

My guess?

His 1990s style of running the ball, throwing to the TE, and playing sound defense won the day. As opposed to those damn kids and their spread offenses and 4 WR sets and RPOs.

Michigan = real football

Winning games 21-17 (as opposed to 56-35) = real football

Problem is, when that "real football" meets the Ryan Day style of football with elite athletes that spread the field, they get their doors blown off.

Sounds like stuff you would have hoped discussion of there-in would have migrated to the new Bored. Let us know when blue and white Kiss nab another 4 star from Detroit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT